• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

spyder_ur

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/com..._their_logo_thoughts/?st=j44etjpj&sh=e3e9aed4

w879yw5gpl4z.jpg

I don't understand this at all? The Celtics are spreading salt? As in the team is salty? The fans?

I don't think I'm a fan of the trade, but you kind of have to admire the balls of Ainge for pulling it off. 80% of the league's teams would make the safe play - I like that he's not in that group, even if it backfires.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
According to Woj, George's camp is telling all teams that he won't stay if they trade for him.

PG to the Lakers.

Really hope the Pacers just spite him and trade him to the Nets or something. Realistically though they should have no problems getting a playoff team last year to give up their late 1st for 1 year of PG.

I'm convinced this whole thing is a gigantic smoke screen though. He wants to get traded to a contender so hes intentionally cratering his trade value to make it easier for the Cavs to get him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why is George trying to screw over the Pacers so much?

It really makes zero sense to make all of this public unless he wants to get traded to a team that couldn't otherwise afford to give up what the Pacers wanted.

Would be hilarious if the Pacers just gave him what he thinks he wantswith a trade to the Lakers. Dwightmare 2.0 when he sucks, the team completely sucks, and he ends up signing with someone else after the season.

Cornbread78

Really hope the Pacers just spite him and trade him to the Nets or something. Realistically though they should have no problems getting a playoff team last year to give up their late 1st for 1 year of PG.

I'm convinced this whole thing is a gigantic smoke screen though. He wants to get traded to a contender so hes intentionally cratering his trade value to make it easier for the Cavs to get him.

Pretty much.

All according to Bron's plan...

Sandfox

The Timberwolves are apparently trying to trade for Butler.

Damn, he's really coming!

On another note.....do you think he's toying with going to the Clippers instead? He's a Clippers fan growing up, after all.
He has a bigger connection to Kobe and Magic. He also has the same agent as Russell and Randle.

Why is George trying to screw over the Pacers so much?

Remember this past trade deadline when the Pacers shopped him randomly to "Guage interest and see his worth"? It's biting them in the ass now. They should've taken the Atlanta Hawks offer of four 1sts.... I'm sure that really pissed him off when they did that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Timberwolves are apparently trying to trade for Butler

If they can somehow move Wiggins for Butler they'll make the playoffs next year. Feel like the Wolves won't take the next step till they move on from Wiggins honestly. He was awful last year and Butler is a top 10 player.

Jarate

Banned
id imaginee the trade would be for Zach Lavine, Kris Dunn, and maybe their draft pick this year. I guess Rubio or Tyus Jones could also be involved.

gutshot

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
The Cavaliers, per league sources, have been working today on assembling multi-team trade scenarios to try to acquire Chicago's Jimmy Butler

BeCleve!

Kickz

Looks like Thibs has talked to Chicago this week about Butler, I don't see him out bidding Boston tho.

@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: Chicago's price for Jimmy Butler remains elevated, but Minnesota has assets and interest. Sides made preliminary contact this week.

Kickz

If the Bulls are having trade talks with the Timberwolves then Kris Dunn better be in that discussion. If not don't bother.

I could see him made available, even though he is Thibs' guy.

It seems the owner is putting Thibs under pressure to start making the playoffs as soon as possible.

yuraya

LeBron is about to do Irving and Love a favor. Trade them away from Cleveland so they aren't trapped on a bad team forever after LeBron leaves next year.

So trade Irving + Love for DWade + Butler. Next year LeBron and DWade bail for the Lakers. Meanwhile Cavs trade Butler to the Celtics for picks next year so they can start rebuilding.

In the end everyone wins..except the Cavs of course but rebuilding is rebuilding so they'll have a future to look forward too while watching TT and JR elevate their game to levels never before seen.

Knowing GarPax, the Bulls will just sit and not trade Jimmy at all

this is pretty much whats going to fucking happen and its going to piss me off.

The current state of the bulls rivals that of the damn nets if you remove butler......the team is complete and utter shit.

We need to fucking rebuild not have another year of this damn garbage roster

Josh5890

this is pretty much whats going to fucking happen and its going to piss me off.

The current state of the bulls rivals that of the damn nets if you remove butler......the team is complete and utter shit.

We need to fucking rebuild not have another year of this damn garbage roster

I called out the Bulls front office back in 2011 for not trading for a shooting guard that could create their own shot and my friends said I was crazy. I won't fault them for the Rose saga since that was a 30 for 30 Documentary in the making, but they have made very poor draft picks and moves since they started making the playoffs seven years ago.

I called out the Bulls front office back in 2011 for not trading for a shooting guard that could create their own shot and my friends said I was crazy. I won't fault them for the Rose saga since that was a 30 for 30 Documentary in the making, but they have made very poor draft picks and moves since they started making the playoffs seven years ago.

it sucks that it will take years before Reinsdorf fires Gar and Pax.......I mean come on.

Jerry, needs to let michael fire these idiots........its obvious there are 4 hands in the pot and Michael needs to be able to control the team.

Josh5890

it sucks that it will take years before Reinsdorf fires Gar and Pax.......I mean come on. Look how well his son is doing rebuilding the white sox right now............his son loves Basketball more than baseball and would run this team way better than the 2 bafoons we have now.

Reinsdorf doesn't fire his buddies. I hate to say it but I don't think the Bulls do better until Reinsdorf pulls an Old Man Wirtz and dies. The team needs a whole culture change. Since the Jordan days it has been grab a few top 5-10 draft picks, win a couple playoff games and then fade away.

Reinsdorf doesn't fire his buddies. I hate to say it but I don't think the Bulls do better until Reinsdorf pulls an Old Man Wirtz and dies. The team needs a whole culture change. Since the Jordan days it has been grab a few top 5-10 draft picks, win a couple playoff games and then fade away.

the biggest reason he won't fire them

The bulls despite being one of the bottom 5 teams in the league (making the playoffs doesn't mean anything)

They are top 3 in profitability. People need to stop buying tickets and supporting a bad image and culture.

Top Bottom