• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Kickz

Gilbert has officially lost his mind, abandon ship in Cleveland
full

FZZ

Banned
Lebron must really like getting his butt whipped by the Warriors. I doubt he wants to play with Paul George that bad. If anything, he's going to the Clippers with Jerry West and Steve Ballmer's pockets.

KD is a great father to Lebron. He properly spanked him when he started crying.

Fam it took four all stars to beat him and it still wasn't a sweep

jmon

Lakers will finally be back and everyone in California going to be caring about the only franchise worth a damn

Fjordson

Can't figure out what's going on in Cleveland. Clearing house, especially when it seems Lebron wasn't in favor, is weird. Griffin did a pretty damn good job.

effzee

I don't get this for the Cavs at all.

Maybe Gilbert realizes they have no shot against the Warriors and is tired of paying so much in luxury tax?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So if Griffin was the one wanting to bring in Butler or PG, and Gilbert didn't agree with the direction of the franchise Griffin wanted to go, what exactly is Gilbert's play? They've only got a few years left of their window. I know the Cavs lost money last year, but hopefully Gilbert can continue paying out his nose for at least a few more years.

So if Griffin was the one wanting to bring in Butler or PG, and Gilbert didn't agree with the direction of the franchise Griffin wanted to go, what exactly is Gilbert's play? They've only got a few years left of their window. I know the Cavs lost money last year, but hopefully Gilbert can continue paying out his nose for at least a few more years.

He won a title so now he can go back to being a cheap skate piece of shit.

effzee

My thinking is that Gilbert sees he has LeBron for a year max and can't win another ring no matter what against this Warriors team so he says F it why trade for Paul or Butler?

He got a ring so he doesn't want to spend the money anymore.

I'd hate to see LeBron with the Lakers. Clippers yes.

VeeP

Why would LeBron go to the Lakers? Does he really want to lose to the warriors in the WCF?

He knows if he leaves the East, Celtics will rise. And he wants to go to the Lakers so everything in history is set right again. We gonna see Lakers vs Celtics back to back to back.

FZZ

Banned
LA needs to be smart

Randle/Clarkson/28th/Deng

Pacers would def take that

Go through with the trade asap, why is our FO being so hesitant. We get PG a season early and have bird rights

Is this the spin in Lebron-land right now?

how in the balls

what unfortunate child that was wearing LeBron's shoes summoned you here

Fam it took four all stars to beat him and it still wasn't a sweep

jmon

Lakers will finally be back and everyone in California going to be caring about the only franchise worth a damn

That's the new excuse for Lebron this year? Cause no one was saying that when he and three all stars ran through the East. By the Way, if Lebron is going anywhere. He's going to the Clippers. It's probably where David Griffin ends up and Ballmer is rumored to build a new stadium.

Boogs31

LA needs to be smart

Randle/Clarkson/28th/Deng

Pacers would def take that

Go through with the trade asap

Why? He's already made it clear to other teams that he isn't going to resign with them. So if you're LA, and you know he'll come in a year regardless, why give up anything to acquire him? It's not as if the Lakers are going to be good this year even with PG.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Bruhz... a line-up of Ball, Russ, BI, PG13, and Nance will be real in 2018...... Ahah..ahahahha.. AHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!

PLAYOFFS! WE COMIN' FOR YOU!!!

Ron+Artest+in+a+tophat+smoking+cigar+gestures+during+the+Lakers+Championship+Parade+2010.JPG

now watch these carny motherfuckers end up in a Clippers uni...

FZZ

Banned
Why? He's already made it clear to other teams that he isn't going to resign with them. So if you're LA, and you know he'll come in a year regardless, why give up anything to acquire him? It's not as if the Lakers are going to be good this year even with PG.

With Bird Rights we can sign max contract player next year

it's better to get him now

That would be a good trade for the Lakers, it clears up cap space and ensures PG doesn't fall in love with another team. Pacers can probably do better though.

Boogs31

That would be a good trade for the Lakers, it clears up cap space and ensures PG doesn't fall in love with another team. Pacers can probably do better though.

He also could experience playing on a lousy Lakers team and change his mind. There's a risk regardless. And Julius Randall, Clarkson and the 28th pick is not enough for Indiana to take on Deng or Mozgov's salary, let alone also give up Paul George.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yeah... the prospect of PG going to the Clips with 'Brony has me a little nervous.

If it takes players whose ceilings are "really good role player down the line" like Clarkson and Randle, then fuck it. Pull the trigger.

I really want to give PG some financial incentive to stay, just in case...

mjp2417

Banned

Getting Deng off the books and guaranteeing George in a Laker uniform is more valuable than spare parts and a late first rounder. If Indiana agrees to it (they wouldn't) you take that every time.

Boogs31

Getting Deng off the books and guaranteeing George in a Laker uniform is more valuable than spare parts and a late first rounder. If Indiana agrees to it (they wouldn't) you take that every time.

No chance any team takes either of the Lakers atrocious contracts for spare parts and a late first round pick.

They should be trying to get rid of those contacts if they can, but including it in a PG deal doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Mainly because you should have to give up assets to get PG, and you should have to give up separate assets to shed Deng's or Mozgov's salary.

Clarkson, Randall and the 28th might be enough to just get PG, or just to dump a salary, but not both.

Even without including a poison contract like Deng or Mozgov as Clarkson maids $11 million/season and Randle is due for an extension this offseason or the next.

Rvaan

Banned
Lebron is going have Gilbert trade Love for PG. Then both LBJ and PG will leave in the upcoming offseason which will bring the total cost of the likely 1 ring LBJ brought Gilbert to: Gilbert's pride, millions of dollars spent on bad contracts to pay LBJ's boys, mortgaging the next couple of drafts, a bad cap situation, and the pain of watching the best player in the game leave to take his talents to the beach AGAIN.

Top Bottom