• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

You sleepin on Randle, aka left handed Draymond Green

I love Randle, dude seems really likable and seems to work really hard, it would be hard to see him go, but I definitely feel the circumstances are going to make him the odd man out. He's due a (relatively) big payday, he can't play D, he can't really shoot (both of which are death knells in the modern NBA for power forwards) and he doesn't have the versatility to play multiple positions. If the Lakers really are intent on getting PG13, along with having Ingram, and possibly even LeBron, all guys who can probably play the 4 in various lineups I don't see how there's much of a future for Julius in LA. Clarkson can kick rocks. He's a nice player, but he has reached his ceiling. He's a decent scoring 6th man who can't play D for shit, and can't create shots for others. Guys like that aren't really hard to find.

B.O.O.M

Might be if they're off-loading deng or mosgov.

Alone? Absolutely. If Deng or Mozzy aren't attached that's a poor trade for the Lakers considering his level of talent and upside.

Love 'em or hate 'em Russ is a legit NBA player in this league. The stats, coupled with his age, don't lie. The kid can fucking ball.

Got it. Yeah I wasn't sure if Lakers would even want to do it, even with a bad contract attached. In that team DLo seemed to be the best young player easily.

I love Randle, dude seems really likable and seems to work really hard, it would be hard to see him go, but I definitely feel the circumstances are going to make him the odd man out. He's due a (relatively) big payday, he can't play D, he can't really shoot (both of which are death knells in the modern NBA for power forwards) and he doesn't have the versatility to play multiple positions. If the Lakers really are intent on getting PG13, along with having Ingram, and possibly even LeBron, all guys who can probably play the 4 in various lineups I don't see how there's much of a future for Julius in LA. Clarkson can kick rocks. He's a nice player, but he has reached his ceiling. He's a decent scoring 6th man who can't play D for shit, and can't create shots for others. Guys like that aren't really hard to find.

The problem I've always had watching Randle is that he always operates at one pace, fast and out of control, and has no real changes of speed or finesse in his game, no touch around the rim, just kind throws the ball hoping it goes in. Not really sure who would want to pay him a ton of money, I'm sure someone will given I guess he has some upside, but if I was the Lakers I'd be very happy to see him move on somewhere.

Boogs31

That's almost certainly attached to either the Deng or Mozgov contracts which the Pistons can't take on

No team would trade away a top 12 pick AND take on a horrible contract for Russell. If the Lakers think anyone would do that they're foolish.

Arol

LeBron coming to the Lakers would be so weird. Especially when so many Lakers/Kobe fans I know in person seem to hate the guy.

Actually wouldn't mind him coming for that reason alone.

LionPride

Banned
I'm getting hyped for Tatum

When he gets ripped he'll be a serious problem as a stretch 4
That game against Florida State is what sold me on Tatum being Danny Granger or Tobias Harris

Man got so shook by Issac's length and shit that he ain't play well. Not like he'll see that anywhere in the league. Nope. No siree

I heard he has bad knees. That's just what I've heard. It's what people are saying.

That's why the Sixers wanted to see the medical reports the Celtics had before bringing him in for a workout. Could be another Derrick Rose situation when this kid starts logging lots of minutes on an 82 game schedule. You figure with the Sixers injury woes with all their rookies they wouldn't even chance it with this kid..

lbsa

I think the Raptors are close to renting PG. They're the only team desperate enough

I feel like the Pels could be another team in the desperate camp. Trading for PG is the only way they add a star this off season and if they have any hope of retaining Cousins they need to make the playoffs. So for them a rental may be worth it,but i doubt they could offer more than other teams.

Cornbread78

That's why the Sixers wanted to see the medical reports the Celtics had before bringing him in for a workout. Could be another Derrick Rose situation when this kid starts logging lots of minutes on an 82 game schedule. You figure with the Sixers injury woes with all their rookies they wouldn't even chance it with this kid..

I think they are being sarcastic bruh.

Ya know, sling the shit when he out the door to justify shit/risky decisions...

Injuries, drugs, no heart, can't win, doesn't love the sport, will try to bang hus teamates woman.... yup, that's Fultz for ya. It was a no brainer for Danny to pawn him off on the 76ers.

I think they are being sarcastic bruh.

Ya know, sling the shit when he out the door to justify shit/risky decisions...

Injuries, drugs, no heart, can't win, doesn't love the sport, will try to bang hus teamates woman.... yup, that's Fultz for ya. It was a no brainer for Danny to pawn him off on the 76ers.

Stuff about his knee was coming out well before they even tried to trade him. That's the thing I was worried about.

Is there any way Phil doesn't fuck this up?

"Sources: Phil Jackson met with Lauri Markkanen in New York on Monday, a player whom he's considering at No. 8 should Knicks move Porzingis." - @WojVerticalNBA

Not Lauri!

Top Bottom