• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

VeeP

Chauncey-Billups-e1454551639978.jpg

Your in good hands BlackGhost. Chauncey Billups is a champion. He destroyed the superteam of Kobe, Shaq, Karl Malone, Payton.

He carried on MJ's work and made sure Malone never got a ring.

He shook Lakers so bad Shaq decided to leave.

He shook Kobe so bad it took almost half a decade for him to regain confidence to get another ring.

If anyone can help you defeat the Warriors, it's Mr. Big Shot himself, Chauncey Billups. He gonna help you sweep Coast to Coast.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Griff statement

Sam Amico‏@AmicoHoops 2h2 hours ago
Sources tell AmicoHoops ex-#Cavs GM Griffin had been exploring several trades centered on Kevin Love. Those talks remain ongoing.

Sam Amico @AmicoHoops 48m48 minutes ago
Some unhappy, but belief within organization is Gilbert trying to keep #Cavs a contender while avoiding dumpster fire should LBJ leave again
I mean I guess that makes sense. Their starting lineup minus Lebron is locked in for 3+ years. That team still wouldn't be contender but wouldn't be a dumpster fire. It seems dumb to not go for it as Lebron only has a few more years in him.

Servbot24

Banned
Griff statement

I mean I guess that makes sense. Their starting lineup minus Lebron is locked in for 3+ years. That team still wouldn't be contender but wouldn't be a dumpster fire. It seems dumb to not go for it as Lebron only has a few more years in him.

The Cavs lineup minus LeBron would struggle to make the playoffs

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They'd be a 5-6 seed in the East. Still, they need to go for it while their window is open. Dumpster fires happen all the time in the NBA after a team's window closes.

"Sounds like Lakers are dangling D’Angelo Russell in effort to get another Top 12 pick. Luke Kennard & Zach Collins appear to be targets" -@ChadFordInsider

I guess that means Lonzo is the guy at 2.

Sandfox

"Sounds like Lakers are dangling D’Angelo Russell in effort to get another Top 12 pick. Luke Kennard & Zach Collins appear to be targets" -@ChadFordInsider

I don't believe Ford when it comes to the Lakers based on past history.

qcf x2

If they don't even give Snitch to the Pacers, but they give him away for the 12th pick...

gg Paul George & agent. Well played treachery.

LeBron James @KingJames

If no one appreciated you Griff I did, and hopefully all the people of Cleveland! Thanks for what u did for the team for 3 yrs! We got us 1🏆
11:32 PM · Jun 19, 2017

effzee

Lebron is going have Gilbert trade Love for PG. Then both LBJ and PG will leave in the upcoming offseason which will bring the total cost of the likely 1 ring LBJ brought Gilbert to: Gilbert's pride, millions of dollars spent on bad contracts to pay LBJ's boys, mortgaging the next couple of drafts, a bad cap situation, and the pain of watching the best player in the game leave to take his talents to the beach AGAIN.

I really don't get this "logic". Whether LeBron leaves after this next season or plays his entire remaining career in Cleveland, they are going to be a dumpster fire as soon as he leaves. Why worry about the shape they will be in when he does leave? Why not just maximize the time you have with him and try to win another ring this upcoming season?

If Dan Gilbert really is trying to keep the Cavs relevant post LeBron as top priority, he is going to lose out on any chance they have to win a title this next season.

effzee

Why would LeBron need a way out? He already won in Cleveland, in historic and dramatic fashion, and if he leaves next year the city has no right to be upset.

effzee

At this point best option for LeBron is to play this next season in Cleveland and then finally form a super team in Philly. Win one for Iverson!

exactly my first thought

Gilbert fucked up. He just gave LeHogan his way out.

yeah, i posted that bc i think Dan was insulted and did a rash move in Lebrons' favor by partin ways with David
this is somewhat off topic but related.

i honestly think that dig Lebron did at the barbershop infuriated Gilbert. the one with Dre Green in the clip. from Dan's point of view: he's spent all this money and Lux tax to appease LeBron. moves that weren't good... Tristan's # of years etc. and that guy sounds ungrateful.

once Gilbert realizes Golden state is going to be in for a long time, he has to make a choice: commit even more with ungrateful Lebron likely leaving if we can't win and be stuck with bloated contracts or take the 1 championship he got and begin to protect your losses now bc Lebron screwed me the first time and this time i'm prepared for it. especially since LeBron went public that he's not fond of the owner and it's strictly business.

now that loyalty is out the window Gilbert will protect himself from a Lebron exodus.
all the deals will be in place not to tank this year for one last hurrah with the vision to rebuild and not commit/get rid of long term bloated contracts.

anyways, if Dan played it right he could've ruined rep Lebron on the way out but firing David just gives Lebron the court of public opinion.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Is D Russel worth a top 12 pick?
Alone? Absolutely. If Deng or Mozzy aren't attached that's a poor trade for the Lakers considering his level of talent and upside.

Love 'em or hate 'em Russ is a legit NBA player in this league. The stats, coupled with his age, don't lie. The kid can fucking ball.

Top Bottom