• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Bread

Banned
Lonzo won one game against him, he won one game against Lonzo

and when they were on each other Fox only scored a grand total of 11 points

tape suggests Lonzo's better and in the end he's just giving more attention to 🅱️🅱️🅱️

hold the W that the only reason your son is relevant is because he had a 39 point game against UCLA or else he'd be going 6th or below in the draft
ball got torched in that game, they started taking him off Fox because he couldn't handle it.

FZZ

Banned
[Stein] League sources tell @RamonaShelburne and me: The Pacers and Lakers have engaged on Paul George trade talks in advance of Thursday's draft

Not just Stein, but Shelburne as well

Or because De'Aaron was really really good and worthy of a high lottery pick

He was floating around 7-9 on a lot of big boards before his game against UCLA, a few had him at 5 iirc

He spiked up to 5 and higher after that game

he is a great talent and I like his personality a lot, but there would be no consideration for him going as high as 2nd or 3rd if it wasn't for the game against UCLA

Yoo- I legit forgot the Knicks had Noah.................. then I was reminded.

DDxhhi0.png

Sandfox

lol you and FZZ are like our very own ambassadors from /r/lakers

I honestly don't even go there. I've just read and listen to a lot of stuff from people I respect on all the players and that game in particular. The people there probably just follow the same stuff as Lakers fans.

Bread

Banned
I honestly don't even go there. I've just read and listen to a lot of stuff from people I respect on all the players and that game in particular. The people there probably just follow the same stuff as Lakers fans.
you got the talking points down, that's for sure.

What does this even mean?

This is like the third or fourth different excuse I have read for that game.
It's just another way to deflect, like "Fox only scored 11 on Ball" yeah because they put him on a lesser player in the first half so Fox wouldn't keep getting to the rim with ease.

FZZ

Banned
Danny is going to come out of this whole thing empty handed isn't he?

Just with a slightly worse team than last year.

Celtics have the highest chance of scoring KP

I think this might be a win win for everyone

but we'll see

Kevin Durant fucked the game up last year

wow so Pau opted out. All of a sudden the Spurs offseason got interesting. Worst case scenario now, we don't have to worry about losing some pieces we thought we may (Patty Mills, Jonathan Simmons, maybe even Dedmon). More interesting case, maybe there is a shot to make a run at Chris Paul. or even someone like Gordon Hayward. Then the following year, we get a lot of cap space. Spurs are in a good spot the next 2-4 years.

Danny is going to come out of this whole thing empty handed isn't he?

Just with a slightly worse team than last year.

nah brah......he going to trade it for jimmy butler......you need someone to hide IT's defense.

Can you imagine smart and butler on the floor at the same time? Nobody making baskets......in either direction lol

wow so Pau opted out. All of a sudden the Spurs offseason got interesting. Worst case scenario now, we don't have to worry about losing some pieces we thought we may (Patty Mills, Jonathan Simmons, maybe even Dedmon). More interesting case, maybe there is a shot to make a run at Chris Paul. or even someone like Gordon Hayward. Then the following year, we get a lot of cap space. Spurs are in a good spot the next 2-4 years.

Aldridge moves to Center

lineup of

Chris Paul, Green, Hayward, Leonard and Aldridge

damn.................

Pau opted out to sign a longterm extension with a hefty paycut with the Spurs

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Only reason I could see to get George early if you are the Lakers is if you really think you have a shot at LeBron next year. You could use the cap space to get LeBron and Bird Rights to keep George?

Pau opted out to sign a longterm extension with a hefty paycut with the Spurs

Exactly. It will give the Spurs some cap flexibility this year to make some moves that may have not been possible. I also think it's a sign that Pau is ready to take a reduced but prominent role from the bench for his last remaining years

charsace

If the Knicks trade Zinger I'm done. Zen master needs to grow up and work things out with Zinger instead of acting like a child.

FZZ

Banned
Only reason I could see to get George early if you are the Lakers is if you really think you have a shot at LeBron next year. You could use the cap space to get LeBron and Bird Rights to keep George?

Yup I think that's exactly what they're trying to do

and what I've been championing for

Let's go Lakers

thats a huge reason to get george because of the bird rights....meaing they can sign george to a max without worrying about the cap allowing them to bring it another huge superstar like Lebron.

I hate superteams.....but honestly this is fucking exciting as shit.....I would love to see the lakers trash golden state.

Bring back the true west coast team....not the silicon valley wannabes XD

They aren't the san francisco warriors anymore.....they the oakland warriors....for 3 more years

then you get to see the whitest and richest crowd outside of vegas for a fan base

that's a weird reaction to have, what are you talking about

Looks like George is headed to the Lakers and KP is staying put. I don't believe Butler is getting moved.

So that leaves the Celtics losing their starting and backup centers and signing maybe Griffin or Hayward, but losing out on Smart, Bradley or Crowder in the process.

Plus IT had a hurt hip he may not recover from.

Sandfox

What does this even mean?

This is like the third or fourth different excuse I have read for that game.
The PnR defense was awful, the bigs were offering open lanes to the rim, and nobody was helping. The coach made no effort to make adjustments either and stuff like this happened through the year. Ball was probably UCLA's best defender this past season. Fox did score a lot of points on him, and I'm not going to act like he would be able to guard him. I just think people put too much weight on that game and I see people who act like Fox scored every point on Ball.

DAngelo + Nance for PG13?
PG and Russell have the same agent the plan is probably for them to play together.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Yup I think that's exactly what they're trying to do

and what I've been championing for

Let's go Lakers

thats a huge reason to get george because of the bird rights....meaing they can sign george to a max without worrying about the cap allowing them to bring it another huge superstar like Lebron.

I hate superteams.....but honestly this is fucking exciting as shit.....I would love to see the lakers trash golden state.

Bring back the true west coast team....not the silicon valley wannabes XD

They aren't the san francisco warriors anymore.....they the oakland warriors....for 3 more years

then you get to see the whitest and richest crowd outside of vegas for a fan base

Only issue is that George may have a cap hold that takes up that space - they will also need to find people to take the Mozgov / Deng contracts.

Bread

Banned
Looks like George is headed to the Lakers and KP is staying put. I don't believe Butler is getting moved.

So that leaves the Celtics losing their starting and backup centers and signing maybe Griffin or Hayward, but losing out on Smart, Bradley or Crowder in the process.

Plus IT had a hurt hip he may not recover from.
The rumors that the Knicks are shopping KP around literally came out 2 hours ago...

Also, adding Hayward/Griffin + 3rd pick along with whatever trade we make (if we need to make space for the max) makes us a much better team than last year. Then add in another offseason of improvement from Rozier and Brown. This team may not win 52 again but it will be a better team.

Sandfox

Mike Bresnahan‏ @Mike_Bresnahan 1m1 minute ago
Following up @ESPNSteinLine + @ramonashelburne report, LAL would rather acquire Paul George now than FA '18, BUT wary of giving up too much.
Smart.

Only issue is that George may have a cap hold that takes up that space - they will also need to find people to take the Mozgov / Deng contracts.

sucks but, as a bulls fan I'm happy Deng got the money he deserved.....dude played his soul out in Chicago. One of my favorite players that we ever had besides Hinrich in the last 12 years.

FZZ

Banned

again I'd be perfecly fine with Clarkson, 28th, Randle, and Deng

Randle cancels out the Deng contract and 28th & Clarkson are a solid bonus for Pacers

they have no leverage, this is the most we can offset I believe

I don't see how DLoading doesn't get caught in this

Magic & Pelinka aren't dumb

I think they know the value of a Ball/Dlo backcourt

PG would still count as a salary hold against the cap even as a free agent, which would effect getting LeBron.

Who wants DLO to play 2 Guard? Really?

Statistically he played better at the 2 last season, he shoots better off a catch than off a dribble, and he's 6'5 with a long wingspan. For all intents and purposes (not like positions matter all that much anyway, what is Harden? Curry?) he's already a 2 guard.

Tom Penny

Randle cancels out the Deng contract and 28th & Clarkson are a solid bonus for Pacers

Magic & Pelinka aren't dumb

I think they know the value of a Ball/Dlo backcourt
So you don't mind giving up two bench players and a worthless pick and horrible contract for PG. I don't believe you.

Bread

Banned

loooooooooooooool

I think the Pacers would rather keep him for a year

Top Bottom