• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
if I were Indiana, I think I might wait till the trade deadline at this point, unless you can get a top pick. At least see if something happens (say Durant's foot starts acting up again) and teams see an opportunity to get a championship and are willing to go all in.

Tom Penny

if I were Indiana, I think I might wait till the trade deadline at this point, unless you can get a top pick. At least see if something happens (say Durant's foot starts acting up again) and teams see an opportunity to get a championship and are willing to go all in.
Yep. I don't see the incentive of trading for a bag of balls now when you can get that later.

Most I would give up is Randle, Clarkson, and 28. If the Pacers won't take that then I'd just wait.

If pacers wanted both randle and Clarkson I say add deng or Mozzy. I mean what leverage do the pacers really have ? Either take it or lose PG13 next summer for nothing.

Sandfox

Yep. I don't see the incentive of trading for a bag of balls now when you can get that later.

If anything I think waiting will make the deals even worse.

If pacers wanted both randle and Clarkson I say add deng or Mozzy. I mean what leverage do the pacers really have ? Either take it or lose PG13 next summer for nothing.
They aren't going to take on a bad contract in a trade like that.

jmizzal

LA will be better to get PG now, they have the assest and drafts pick now to not loss much, why wait another year? What if PG change his mind about going to the Lakers, what if somebody like Pat Riley got him and convinced him to sign long term in Miami, its a big risk waiting, considering the Pacers wont get much from other teams in a trade to make it some crazy bidding war.

LA will be better to get PG now, they have the assest and drafts pick now to not loss much, why wait another year? What if PG change his mind about going to the Lakers, what if somebody like Pat Riley got him and convinced him to sign long term in Miami, its a big risk waiting, considering the Pacers wont get much from other teams in a trade to make it some crazy bidding war.

The Lakers will probably be negotiating an extension with him the moment he is eligible to negotiate an extension.

FZZ

Banned
I think it's cute that Lakers fans think they get George this year without trading their pick.

You really think we are going to sacrifice our number 2 pick for a guy who said he is coming to our team regardless next year and that he will be a rental to any other team?

LMAO

we have the leverage, we want him for his bird rights, that's it

RedAssedApe

Banned
I think it's cute that Lakers fans think they get George this year without trading their pick.

if George is proclaiming he won't re-sign with anyone else...then yeah. Lakers don't need to make a move if they think the price is too high.

#2 and Ingram are basically off limits.

charsace

You really think we are going to sacrifice our number 2 pick for a guy who said he is coming to our team regardless next year and that he will be a rental to any other team?

LMAO

we have the leverage, we want him for his bird rights, that's it
Stop proposing these dumb trades that have no chance of happening.

If George is getting traded then Ingram or the number 2 is a part of the deal because having his bird rights is important.

Bread

Banned
The Pacers aren't giving him up to the Lakers for some shitty deal, why would they help the team that's stealing away their franchise player? I wouldn't be surprised if they'd rather hold on to him for the year just to spite LA it's not like the proposed returns in this thread would give them anything to build off of.

FZZ

Banned
The Pacers aren't giving him up to the Lakers for some shitty deal, why would they help the team that's stealing away their franchise player? I wouldn't be surprised if they'd rather hold on to him for the year just to spite LA it's not like the proposed returns in this thread would give them anything to build off of.

Then I hope the Pacers enjoy getting nothing in return and being left in a situation 10x worst than OKC

Getting dimes on the dollar is better than getting nothing. The Pacers have zero leverage, they will get nothing close to full value if he's traded

Tom Penny

If George is getting traded then Ingram or the number 2 is a part of the deal because having his bird rights is important.
Trading the number 2 pick for a player you can get in free agency in a year and wants to play there would be one of worst trades in history.

Sandfox

Not really since he said he's going to come to the Lakers in FA. The Lakers don't really have any incentives to give up major assets for him.
If anything that just lets the Lakers keep their assets to sign him outright and the Pacers lose him for nothing.

Bread

Banned
Then I hope the Pacers enjoy getting nothing in return and being left in a situation 10x worst than OKC

Getting dimes on the dollar is better than getting nothing. The Pacers have zero leverage, they will get nothing close to full value if he's traded
Clarkson, Randle, Deng, and the 28th pick in the draft is a horrid return. What good does that do for the Pacers? If they're trading PG in the offseason it's to bottom out, not pick up mediocre guys who will keep them out of the bottom half of the lottery.

Clarkson, Randle, Deng, and the 28th pick in the draft is a horrid return. What good does that do for the Pacers? If they're trading PG in the offseason it's to bottom out, not pick up mediocre guys who will keep them out of the bottom half of the lottery.

Umm, those guys put the Lakers towards the top of the draft...

Lakers are done waiting. They need to be in the playoffs again and have an all star in the all star game this next season in the staples center. Acquiring PG now does those things as well as attract free agents a year from now.

Servbot24

Banned

The only way I see them getting anything is trading to the Cavs, who may be willing to cash in on an attempt to win next year

If this garbage is all that is being offered, if I were the Pacers then I would just keep him.

He'll leave you high and dry, but at least he could make all NBA and you get to offer him the mega max and see how badly he actually wants to leave.

If I got offered anything substantial it's a different story. But these Laker trade packages being thrown around are basically nothing anyway.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I mean, if we have the NBA trade bonanza happen, lets just go nuts on trades

1) Butler to Cleveland -- Kevin Love to PHX, #4 pick to Chicago, Jimmy Butler to Cleveland

2) George to Lakers -- George to LAL, De'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, and Nick Young (salary match) + late LAL pick to Indiana. Bird Rights don't matter as much because you would have to release his cap hold (and lose the Bird Rights) if you wanted LeBron or someone else to come IIRC. LAL has Center of Choice, PG, Ingram, Clarkson, and Ball? as their going forward team.

3) KP to Boston - NYK receives #3 pick, 2018 BKN pick, 2018 BOS pick, #12 pick (DET). BOS receives KP. Detroit receives Jae Crowder. Boston then signs Gordon Hayward in FA and still has the LAL / SAC pick coming. BOS has a lineup of KP, Horford, Hayward/Jaylen Brown, Bradley/Smart, and Thomas.

4) CP3 to SAS (CP3 tells LAC to trade him, LAC decides to bottom out) - LAC gets Tony Parker, 29th pick, lottery protected 2019 1st rounder for CP3. LAC then cuts Parker.

5) Wade opts out of contract with Bulls and goes to CLE (because why not). CLE then heads into the season with Thompson, LeBron, Jimmy, Wade, and Kyrie. Wade takes the about 30-40 games off to save himself for the playoffs.

jbug617

Banned
KP posted this today
DCypT-1UMAAB88z.jpg

Kickz

Lakers are done waiting. They need to be in the playoffs again and have an all star in the all star game this next season in the staples center. Acquiring PG now does those things as well as attract free agents a year from now.

Plus Jeanie and Magic in charge now, they are gonna want to make a major splash this summer.

PG will probably be traded there and it'll take one of DLo or Ingram and filler

Top Bottom