• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

jbug617

Banned
Source? I'd be very surprised to hear that.

From CSN Chicago
DCyvoY7XgAAW3sB.jpg

Bread

Banned
3 for Butler doesn't work, so if the trade was offered the question is what else did Chicago want to even the money out

Tom Penny

3 for Butler doesn't work, so if the trade was offered the question is what else did Chicago want to even the money out

Who cares as long as it still enables you a max contract in the free agency. We aren't paying Bradley when his contract is up anyway.

Bread

Banned
Who cares as long as it still enables you a max contract in the free agency. We aren't paying Bradley when his contract is up anyway.
I agree, I'm just saying that the Celtics didn't deny a straight up trade because that is not possible anyway. I'd go 3+Bradley for Butler if we could get Griffin or Hayward as well. That would make us #1 in the east.

Tom Penny

I agree, I'm just saying that the Celtics didn't deny a straight up trade because that is not possible anyway. I'd go 3+Bradley for Butler if we could get Griffin or Hayward as well. That would make us #1 in the east.

Probably some weird cap bullshit since it seems so obvious...apparently Bulls won't take on any salaries.

Slizeezyc

Probably some weird cap bullshit since it seems so obvious.

I mean the "weird" issue is it wouldn't be able to be approved until after the moratorium, so what that means is Zeller's contract would already be guaranteed. So while you could make it work easily, maybe the Bulls don't want Zeller's dead money for the season etc.

butler is pushing for a trade to the cavs

great......only way this happens is a 3rd party.

Maybe celtics trade bulls the pick, kevin love goes to celtics and cavs get butler?

I mean there is no way butler is NOT going to the celtics.....and there is no way cleveland has anything to give the celtics what they want.

I swear though, if fucking GarPax pick up JoshJackson

I am fucking ton with this team.

Fjordson

Surely those reports of Boston turning down Butler for the #3 pick straight up (or an anything close to that) are fake news. If they aren't then Danny Ainge needs to be run out of town tonight.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
butler is pushing for a trade to the cavs

great......only way this happens is a 3rd party.

Maybe celtics trade bulls the pick, kevin love goes to celtics and cavs get butler?

I mean there is no way butler is NOT going to the celtics.....and there is no way cleveland has anything to give the celtics what they want.

I swear though, if fucking GarPax pick up JoshJackson

I am fucking ton with this team.

Phoenix wants Love and has the #4 pick. That's where you will get your pick from.

Surely those reports of Boston turning down Butler for the #3 pick straight up (or an anything close to that) are fake news. If they aren't then Danny Ainge needs to be run out of town tonight.
But he might get Zingis and Hayward. Landing two white star players is Boston's wet dream.

Plus Jeanie and Magic in charge now, they are gonna want to make a major splash this summer.

PG will probably be traded there and it'll take one of DLo or Ingram and filler
Ingram isn't being moved unless it's for an MVP candidate. His upside is too big.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The other caveat is that if the Celtics trade for Butler before the draft - they no longer have cap space to get Hayward / Blake unless they convince Chicago to take equivalent salary back. Which, if I were Chicago, would mean that Boston needs to fork up either the pick they got from PHI or 2018 BKN pick as well.

Sandfox

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 1m1 minute ago
More
Lakers are trading Tim Mozgov and D'Angelo Russell to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick Thursday, sources say.
Holy crap.

Sandfox

During the season I knew Magic and Pelinka were going to trade him, but started to relax on that for some reason.

We have zero shooters on the roster now so they need to address that.

I mean seriously, Magic is gonna take a young team that had limitless potential and blow that shit up for PG and Ball and a whole lotta nothing else.

Props to the Nets GM for realizing that Magic is fucking dumb.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The second part of this would be 2020 1st rd pick, both non #2 LAL picks in this draft (27 and 28), Julius Randle, and Deng for PG if they want to go nuts.

Sandfox

I mean seriously, Magic is gonna take a young team that had limitless potential and blow that shit up for PG and Ball and a whole lotta nothing else.

Props to the Nets GM for realizing that Magic is fucking dumb.
A lot of the people in the Lakers FO didn't like Russell and I have always suspected that Magic was one of them.

Top Bottom