• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

FZZ

Banned
WTF WTF WTF WTF

WE ARE SENDING DANGELO FUCKING RUSSELL TO THE FUCKING NETS

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH MAGIC

WHAT THE FUCK

THIBS DONT LET ME DOWN, IM ON THE KAT TRAIN 100%

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lakers really just trying to free up cap space to go nuts next offseason... Lakers exceptionalism still being a thing in 2017 after like 8 years of not being relevant is weird but whatever. Russell hasn't been very good but 1 year of Brook Lopez and dumping Mozgov doesn't seem like a great return

Kickz

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 8m8 minutes ago

Lakers are trading Tim Mozgov and D'Angelo Russell to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick Thursday, sources say.

1311094067_magic_johnson_eating.gif

Chase17

Does this help the Celtics outsourced tank? I think Lopez probably helps them win more games than DLO, burn Lopez was always a solid threat to get injured and not play at all.

WOW

D'Angelo got dumped to the Nets lol

NINJA! You always said you wanted Robin Lopez for the Lakers but you get the Best Lopez now.

Lakers got rid of that horrible Mozgov contract too.

Fjordson

I don't know, this isn't too crazy to me. They got rid of that horrid Mozgov contract, can take Lonzo to replace D'Angelo who will be on a cheap rookie deal for longer than D'Angelo and now go after Lebron, PG13, etc.

Maybe I'm missing some ramification, but it kinda makes sense right now.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
If they get PG...they have a legit chance to add LeBron and then add in PG & Lopez. So your potential starting 5 in 2018 would be Brook Lopez, LeBron, Paul George, Ingram, and Lonzo Ball. Holy crap.

FZZ

Banned
THE ENTIRE REASON I WANTED ZO WAS FOR THE DLO/ZO BACKCOURT WHAT THE FUCK MAGIC

Mozgov isn't even our worst fucking contract, Deng is. Stretch Mozgov and drop off Deng what the fuck are they doing man

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Mozgov contract was one of the worst in the league. Lopez gets you 20 a night (and 2 rebounds). Russell had to go because of Ball.

I've seen worse trades. Lakers playing for future, so can't really hold it against them until we see what they do going forward.

Bread

Banned
I don't know, this isn't too crazy to me. They got rid of that horrid Mozgov contract, can take Lonzo to replace D'Angelo who will be on a cheap rookie deal for longer than D'Angelo and now go after Lebron, PG13, etc.

Maybe I'm missing some ramification, but it kinda makes sense right now.
Lonzo doesn't replace Russell, they're different players. Ingram better show some improvement next year or this team is going to be really lacking in scorers.

spyder_ur

Amazing. They signed Mozgov last freaking year and now have to include a top 3 pick from 2 years ago just to dump him.

The Magic era is going to be amazing.

kIdMuScLe

If they get PG...they have a legit chance to add LeBron and then add in PG & Lopez. So your potential starting 5 in 2018 would be Brook Lopez, LeBron, Paul George, Ingram, and Lonzo Ball. Holy crap.

Lebron ain't carrying that team anywhere... Lopez is worse than Thompson and love combined...

B.O.O.M

Umm maybe I'm crazy but I think Nets got the better end of that deal..even with the Mozgov contract. DLo is good and is super young. This is good for their future. As for Bropez..dude is getting older and can be injury prone.

Fjordson

Lonzo doesn't replace Russell, they're different players. Ingram better show some improvement next year or this team is going to be really lacking in scorers.
But Russell was playing point, no? Now that's Lonzo. And I'd say Lonzo's playstyle makes more sense with what they may have coming down the line.

It's certainly a gamble if they don't land any of the big name in all these rumours, but it makes sense for the long term imo.

theWB27

Mozgov contract was one of the worst in the league. Lopez gets you 20 a night (and 2 rebounds). Russell had to go because of Ball.

I've seen worse trades. Lakers playing for future, so can't really hold it against them until we see what they do going forward.

Having brook up there should help randle a bit i suppose.

Mortemis

Banned
Lolol I guess lakers think low of him, still think DLo got a lot of potential.

Can't wait to watch Lonzo PG and lebron' corpse lead the lakers to second round exits.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Umm maybe I'm crazy but I think Nets got the better end of that deal..even with the Mozgov contract. DLo is good and is super young. This is good for their future. As for Bropez..dude is getting older and can be injury prone.

No duh? The Nets are going to suck this year, they're doing what every bad team should be doing but nobody actually does. Getting assets for the "cost" of taking back bad contracts in return. Russell hasn't been great but it comes at almost no cost to them. I don't think this even makes them any worse this year anyway, not like it matters.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
There is 0% chance LBJ goes to the Lakers. Literally 0. You think he's going to go to a team in the west to fight against SA, Houston, GSW, etc each year?!

Top Bottom