• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There is 0% chance LBJ goes to the Lakers. Literally 0. You think he's going to go to a team in the west to fight against SA, Houston, GSW, etc each year?!

Its mind boggling too because if he really wanted to go to LA... theres another team that plays in the same building that is a whole lot closer to competing than the Lakers.

Bread

Banned
Umm maybe I'm crazy but I think Nets got the better end of that deal..even with the Mozgov contract. DLo is good and is super young. This is good for their future. As for Bropez..dude is getting older and can be injury prone.
No one thinks the Lakers won this trade.

But Russell was playing point, no? Now that's Lonzo. And I'd say Lonzo's playstyle makes more sense with what they may have coming down the line.

It's certainly a gamble if they don't land any of the big name in all these rumours, but it makes sense for the long term imo.
Russell is more of a SG in terms of play style, he was at point because the team sucked. Him and Lin are actually a pretty nice combo.

Slizeezyc

Hurts the Lakers in transition and neuters Ball a bit not having DAR to help him, but maybe they think Ball is ready to handle full-time and be pick and roll dude etc. It's a risk.

Nets have set the market on what it takes to get off bad money in the new CBA/non-exploding cap market now between the Nicholson trade at the deadline and now this.

It will not be cheap to get off bad contracts (similar to how it used to be years back) if these two trades are a sign.

kIdMuScLe

But Russell was playing point, no? Now that's Lonzo. And I'd say Lonzo's playstyle makes more sense with what they may have coming down the line.

It's certainly a gamble if they don't land any of the big name in all these rumours, but it makes sense for the long term imo.

Dlo is more of a 2 than 1 so having Ball on the team would have benefited Dlo a lot... now who's gonna score for the lakers when you just got rid your best scorer?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
There is 0% chance LBJ goes to the Lakers. Literally 0. You think he's going to go to a team in the west to fight against SA, Houston, GSW, etc each year?!

It depends...if you have Boston + Milwaukee + Philly all staring at you in the East, and GSW finally has to give up on their team because of luxury tax.

https://sports.yahoo.com/potential-pitfall-warriors-burgeoning-dynasty-140717749.html

Although Golden State doesn’t need to trade any of its four All-Stars, ownership will need to weigh the value of roster flexibility and tax consequences against winning NBA championships.

In other words, if ownership is willing to pay, the Warriors core four can stay together.

The projected price to keep the burgeoning dynasty together? A mere $1.4 billion over next four years.

B.O.O.M

No duh? The Nets are going to suck this year, they're doing what every bad team should be doing but nobody actually does. Getting assets for the "cost" of taking back bad contracts in return. Russell hasn't been great but it comes at almost no cost to them. I don't think this even makes them any worse this year anyway, not like it matters.

Saw a few Laker fans being happy about this deal. But yeah good for the Nets fans. I tink DLo can be a stud on that team.

jbug617

Banned
Nobody wanted Russell in the lottery.
C2mzHhY.jpg

spyder_ur

This whole thing is so ridiculous and it's amazing seeing the Lakers fans buy into it. It makes no logical sense.

Like LeBron is dying to play with Jordan Clarkson and spend the twilight of his career getting upstaged by LaVar at every turn.

FZZ

Banned
Russell is going to go off next season along with Jeremy Lin and Nets will be the 8th seed in the eastern conference

I'm so sad, he was ours man. Ice in his veins :/

KAT & Wiggins hype tho

spyder_ur

This is reminding me of just how bad that Mozgov deal was. Holy shit man.

It's incredible, and it's not hindsight. It was stunning at the time both for the money and for the immediacy of it.

The Lakers are turning into Knicks West and I love every minute. Family drama, hiring incompetent ex players to run player ops, right down to desperately clinging to the hope that LeBron will come and save your franchise.

Sandfox

Magic is definitely doing Ingram for PG13 next, hold on to your butts Laker fans

1311094067_magic_johnson_eating.gif

We know that the Magic and the Lakers consider Ingram to be untouchable. The Lakers are going to wait until the 2018 offseason and try to go after both George and James at the same time.

theWB27

Russell is going to go off next season along with Jeremy Lin and Nets will be the 8th seed in the eastern conference

KAT & Wiggins hype tho

Its messed up. I'm legit sad myself.

Ingram is untouchable.

Dwade picking up his player option........well this most likely means butler isn't being moved.

Wade said he wasn't going to be part of a rebuild project.....damn it GarPax going to legit do yet again nothing for this absolute shit team.

Tom Penny

KAT & Wiggins hype tho

Russell doesn't even move the needle on the Nets for years.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Love this. Love it. Bropez stinks and makes the Lakers worse. Russell doesn't help the nets. Two top 5 picks please.

This. Why the flying fuck would Lebron come to the Lakers? I mean, seriously.

Robin Lopez is pretty impressive, though. But getting rid of Russell just seems like a bad move.

KAT & Wiggins hype tho

When did Russell turn into Kobe? The Nets will be a bottom three team next year

Dwade picking up his player option........well this most likely means butler isn't being moved.

Wade said he wasn't going to be part of a rebuild project.....damn it GarPax going to legit do yet again nothing for this absolute shit team.

No one is paying Wade 25 million anymore
He'll get 10-15 million max per season til the end of his career
He did it for the money
Wade 😎

Wade isn't getting that kind of cash anywhere else these days. That money says he's sticking around no matter what. Rebuild or not.

Fjordson

Dlo is more of a 2 than 1 so having Ball on the team would have benefited Dlo a lot... now who's gonna score for the lakers when you just got rid your best scorer?
Well I think the Lakers front office believe they'll be bringing in multiple scorers who are a lot better than D'Angelo (like Paul George to start). A player like Lonzo next to multiple star players makes more sense than someone like D'Angelo.

Like I said, definitely a gamble since there's a chance they don't land any big FA's, but I can see the logic.

Tom Penny

Why? Is older Wade and Butler winning things?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Thinking about this, I just got understand this for he Lakers. You moved a top 3 drafted guy for a salary dump that you didn't even need to do quite yet. All on the hopes that LeBron will go there next year.

Bread

Banned
Mid-tier teams like the Raptors/Wizards/Hawks who need another guy should be able to beat that shit offer from LA, even if it's just a rental.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Note folks: the other option besides LeBron in 2018 is Russell Westbrook. So they could be going for a Westbrook / Ball back court with George / Ingram / Lopez front court.

Top Bottom