• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

kIdMuScLe

Well I think the Lakers front office believe they'll be bringing in multiple scorers who are a lot better than D'Angelo (like Paul George to start). A player like Lonzo next to multiple star players makes more sense than someone like D'Angelo.

Like I said, definitely a gamble since there's a chance they don't land any big FA's, but I can see the logic.

Let's say PG comes to the lakers who else is gonna score besides him? This trade just makes them worse defensively and offensively. Look at the lineup right now:

Lopez
Randle
Ingram
Josh Jackson or Ball
Clarkson

Now let's look at the lineup with PG13:

Lopez
PG13
Ingram
Jackson or Ball
Clarkson

I don't see any improvement at their chances of making it to the playoffs at all... fuck I'm upset!

BIGGEST NEWS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin Bieber is a big baller confirmed

DCxoV8DXoAA7Fbk.jpg

Doomsayer

Note folks: the other option besides LeBron in 2018 is Russell Westbrook. So they could be going for a Westbrook / Ball back court with George / Ingram / Lopez front court.

There is no way Lopez is in our long term plans. He has one year left on his contract, he's expiring. That's the only reason we traded for him.

LeBron is not coming to the Lakers, this was a terrible move. Even in LeBron does come, what does 34 year old LeBron have left in the tank?

Fucking Magic.

Bread

Banned
DLo had 2 knee injuries at his early age and played horrible defense, both individually and team.
ah i was waiting for this

russell sucked anyway!

Note folks: the other option besides LeBron in 2018 is Russell Westbrook. So they could be going for a Westbrook / Ball back court with George / Ingram / Lopez front court.
Lakers going for the "Pay for guys at the end of their prime instead of develop your top lotto picks" strategy, this should pay off.

thats not a front court you want.......Westbrook is amazing but that is not a lineup you want

Westbrook will be 30 and he will be arguably the most worn person come next year due to his playing style.

Thinking about this, I just got understand this for he Lakers. You moved a top 3 drafted guy for a salary dump that you didn't even need to do quite yet. All on the hopes that LeBron will go there next year.

Draft position means nothing the second after you are drafted. There are multiple reports out there now that lottery teams wouldn't move their pick for Russell, that's telling

FZZ

Banned
Another reason I don't like this move is the amount of pressure it puts on BI and Lonzo

they are expected to carry this franchise no matter what now

BI HAS to be our go to scorer and Lonzo has to be able to lead this team

both as 19 year olds

:(

Sandfox

Thinking about this, I just got understand this for he Lakers. You moved a top 3 drafted guy for a salary dump that you didn't even need to do quite yet. All on the hopes that LeBron will go there next year.

The Lakers FO didn't like him and moving him now was likely part of their plan. Magic said a month or so ago that their plan for 2018 was to go after two big name free agents so it's not just a LeBron thing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Draft position means nothing the second after you are drafted. There are multiple reports out there now that lottery teams wouldn't move their pick for Russell, that's telling

I agree to an extent it's just funny. At the same time dlo was a decent prospect. His character issues in terms of coachability and immaturity, but they just should've got more than this garbage for sure.

Let's say PG comes to the lakers who else is gonna score besides him? This trade just makes them worse defensively and offensively. Look at the lineup right now:

Lopez
Randle
Ingram
Josh Jackson or Ball
Clarkson

Lopez
PG13
Ingram
Jackson or Ball
Clarkson

I don't see any improvement at all... fuck I'm upset!

You are out of your mind, PG is a massive upgrade over Randle

Kickz

Another reason I don't like this move is the amount of pressure it puts on BI and Lonzo

they are expected to carry this franchise no matter what now

BI HAS to be our go to scorer and Lonzo has to be able to lead this team

both as 19 year olds

:(

PG is definitely the next move, Magic knows there is no pick to tank for next year.

Its go time NOW

Fjordson

Lopez
Randle
Ingram
Josh Jackson or Ball
Clarkson

Lopez
PG13
Ingram
Jackson or Ball
Clarkson

I don't see any improvement at their chances of making it to the playoffs at all... fuck I'm upset!
Er..PG13 is a colossal upgrade over D'Angelo. And I'm guessing George is just one of multiple free agents that LA is trying to get.

Sandfox

Lopez
Randle
Ingram
Josh Jackson or Ball
Clarkson

Lopez
PG13
Ingram
Jackson or Ball
Clarkson

I'm not expecting much from him but Brook Lopez is certainly capable of scoring.

Based on everything we've heard the Lakers will be making their push in 2018 rather than next season.

Boogs31

Didn't those offers include the teams taking on Mozgov's salary? I don't think the Lakers were offering Russell for a late lottery pick straight up.

Farsi

Lopez
Randle
Ingram
Josh Jackson or Ball
Clarkson

Lopez
PG13
Ingram
Jackson or Ball
Clarkson

Just like to point out that besides the year PG was injured, he has never missed the playoffs and he's carried more mediocre teams to get there.

Sucks that it came to this for DLo. Had such high hopes for him and really still like him as a player.

Lopez is obviously just cap filler here guys. He's an expiring contract.

broz0rs

Maybe the Lakers are afraid PG will get traded as a rental that might just end up signing an extension if he gels really well with his next team? But I'm still in shock that Russell was traded just to move salary. Kupchek really believed he would be a star.

Also, Magic having that much faith in Ball is giving me MJ having faith in Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison type vibes

Didn't those offers include the teams taking on Mozgov's salary? I don't think the Lakers were offering Russell for a late lottery pick straight up.

Per Ramona Shelbyrne that's exactly what happened. They tried to get a lottery pick for him straight up, got very little interest, so turned around and decided to make him the carrot on the stick with Mozgov's contract.

Maybe the Lakers are afraid PG will get traded as a rental that might just end up signing an extension if he gels really well with his next team? But I'm still in shock that Russell was traded just to move salary. Kupchek really believed he would be a star.

Giving themselves this kind of cap wiggle room probably makes it more likely they wait for George.

this is how its going to go down

Lakers going to draft josh jackson in hopes to garner Celtics to trade more for him

Celtics say F-U and pick up Tatum

Bulls trade Butler to Cavs in a 3 way, Kevin Love goes to Pheonix, #4 goes to bulls

Bulls draft Lonzo

Bulls bait Magic into trading Ingram and Jackson for Lonzo

Now Lakers lost Ingram and Jackson for Lonzo alone.

All according to Keikaku

in my fucking dreams

Trading the future to get a year rental of Lopez. What the fuck? Even if the Lakers get Paul George, that team's ceiling is a first round exit in the playoffs.

Shit, even if by some miracle they acquire old man Lebron, that team is still getting wrecked by the Warriors.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Trading the future to get a year rental of Lopez. What the fuck? Even if the Lakers get Paul George, that team's ceiling is a first round exit in the playoffs.

Shit, even if by some miracle they acquire old man Lebron, that team is still getting wrecked by the Warriors.

Lopez has pretty much nothing to do with that trade

norm9

Per Ramona Shelbyrne that's exactly what happened. They tried to get a lottery pick for him straight up, got very little interest, so turned around and decided to make him the carrot on the stick with Mozgov's contract.

Gonna miss D Russ but that Mossy contract had to go. Wonder if his neck came on yhe chopping block when he decided to be a movie maker with Nick Young.

Darkman M

Lopez deal is togt mozgovs shit contract off the books.

Sandfox

The Lakers are getting Caris Levert in the trade as well. I was a big fan of his coming out of college so I'm happy with that at least.

Well they just added lonzo and bropez. Not a great upgrade on that side. Offense will be better though.
I was talking more about added depth and potential improvement.

The Bulls routinely say they’ll take phone calls from teams about Butler’s availability around this time and at the trade deadline but this time around, multiple sources tell CSNChicago.com the Bulls are doing more than listening: they’re shopping Butler to many teams. It appears the Bulls have made the decision to try to jumpstart their rebuilding process and see what the best offer is for Butler as opposed to just gauging his value.

Don't.....screw up this rebuild GarPax

FZZ

Banned
Next season I will be cheering for: Lakers (fuck you magic I still have to support this team) and Timberwolves (KAT hype)

I'll also be watching Nets games to see Dlo

I think next year is gonna suck for me

Top Bottom