• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

theWB27

Next season I will be cheering for: Lakers (fuck you magic I still have to support this team) and Timberwolves (KAT hype)

I'll also be watching Nets games to see Dlo

I think next year is gonna suck for me

I live in Indy so maybe i can cop some cheap ass good seats to see dlo.

Next season I will be cheering for: Lakers (fuck you magic I still have to support this team) and Timberwolves (KAT hype)

I'll also be watching Nets games to see Dlo

I think next year is gonna suck for me

Feel free to join the process train with us.

Feel free to join the process train with us.

I won't cheer for Philly (because I don't cheer for any team besides the Lakers), but I've always liked watching the 76ers. The lineup they will have potentially is finally going to be a blast. Hope they go the Finals a few times eventually.

Aside from them, I'll be enjoying the Rockets (because James Harden) and Timberwolves, who are also a lot of fun.

That's not enough, one year left or not. You gotta put something with actual value on the line.

paul george basically said I'm not resigning......and announced he wants to play for the lakers.

So every other offer coming in would be a rental.....lakers hold the leverage here

Kickz

Did the Nets just win a trade?

UnhappyAcidicHerring.gif

Was gonna say that if I were Magic my next move might be to try and attach one of those picks to Jordan Clarkson to try and unload his salary and give the team maximum flexibility for next offseason. Clarkson + Lopez off the cap next season alone would be like $30+ million in addition to what they already had. Might even be able to extend Randle and possibly Nance and keep some space open.

The fact that they dumped DLo like they did tells me a realistic trade with Indy isn't in the cards, otherwise why wouldn't Indy have asked for him instead of, say, Jordan Clarkson.

It's not like the Pacers have any leverage.

They'll probably at least wait to find out about Butler. If Jimmy doesn't go to the Cavs, then the Cavs might try to pull a Love for PG trade, which while still one-sided for the Cavs, is probably a better deal than what the Lakers are offering.

Fjordson

All reports are that PG is a rental this year, no matter where he goes. Not the worst idea for Magic and co. to just wait out this year and get him in free agency.

mjp2417

Banned
Wouldn't taking Kevin Love from the Cavs and some other shitty piece, make more sense then that god awful Lakers trade proposition?

The Suns pick, which was allegedly in play for Love, would easily beat that. But it's possible that the Cavs have decided to target Butler rather than George at this point.

All reports are that PG is a rental this year, no matter where he goes. Not the worst idea for Magic and co. to just wait out this year and get him in free agency.

the biggest reason they want george this year is to have bird rights.....which is huge for chasing another superstar like Lebron next year

Holy shit, I can't believe we got rid of that Mozgov contract. Sucks that d lo had to be the sacrificial lamb. Lopez is off the books next year which is fine by me. Damn it's not a bad trade in my opinion. But like it was mentioned earlier, it sure as hell puts a lot of pressure on our youngsters Jackson/Ball and Ingram.

Slizeezyc

paul george basically said I'm not resigning......and announced he wants to play for the lakers.

So every other offer coming in would be a rental.....lakers hold the leverage here

Either way, you don't give up George for the opportunity to either take on Clarkson's somewhat meh deal or pay Randle in a year for two late firsts. Even rentals cost more than that historically, let alone PG-level rentals.

This puts an insane amount of pressure on Magic's recruiting skills, and also for Ball and Ingram to show progress this year. Otherwise you're not going to have much of a story entering the 2018 offseason.

mjp2417

Banned
They'll probably at least wait to find out about Butler. If Jimmy doesn't go to the Cavs, then the Cavs might try to pull a Love for PG trade, which while still one-sided for the Cavs, is probably a better deal than what the Lakers are offering.
Yeah this makes the most sense right now assuming the Cavs FO is still remotely functional.

Russell still has potential.

That's the type of move my Jazz should be taking. They have a pick in the 20's, bad guards, and can take the Mozgov contract, we need a backup for Gobert anyway.

I mean the chances of him becoming a star are slim. But those type of chances are the only ones you get if you're a team like the Jazz. Oh well, now he'll rot on the Nets.

Gorillaz

I honestly can't tell what fuckery is the biggest right now, Gilbert blowing up the Cavs, bron going West or magic possibly getting finessed
#bars

This is why we talk basketball for off seasons like these

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Lakers starting lineup for 2017 looks interesting...

London Ball
Paul George
Brandon ingram
Larry Nance jr
Brook Lopez

Lopez deal is togt mozgovs shit contract off the books.

Lopez has pretty much nothing to do with that trade

Regardless, even if this is to ultimately make cap space for Paul George + *insert all-star* here, that team isn't doing anything significant in the West. Would've been better to develop the young core and have them take over once the Warriors decline, IMO.

I'm just bitter because I like DLO :(

Slizeezyc

Russell still has potential.

That's the type of move my Jazz should be taking. They have a pick in the 20's, bad guards, and can take the Mozgov contract, we need a backup for Gobert anyway.

I mean the chances of him becoming a star are slim. But those type of chances are the only ones you get if you're a team like the Jazz. Oh well, now he'll rot on the Nets.

Not really any way the Jazz can fit a Mozzy contract on their books unless you're accepting GHill and Gordon are leaving.
Lakers don't since Paul George has already indicated he wants to sign with them anyway. PG has literally kneecapped the Pacers to have any negotiation power.

That I do agree with. I'm not saying the Lakers have to give up more, just I'm not doing the deal if I'm the Pacers. I'll look elsewhere and hope for the best.

Top Bottom