• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Regardless, even if this is to ultimately make cap space for Paul George + *insert all-star* here, that team isn't doing anything significant in the West. Would've been better to develop the young core and have them take over once the Warriors decline, IMO.

I'm just bitter because I like DLO :(

No, it wouldn't have been better to "develop the young core" over getting Paul George and another all star. You guys act like every young player eventually develops like the NBA is some kind of open world RPG or something. West is going to be competitive regardless, that doesn't mean you just close up shop and stop trying to make moves and compete. I like D'Lo a lot too, but lets be real it's unlikely his ceiling was much higher than "really good starting PG". He was probably never going to be a perennial allstar/franchise guy.

No, it wouldn't have been better to "develop the young core" over getting Paul George and another all star. You guys act like every young player eventually develops like the NBA is some kind of open world RPG or something. West is going to be competitive regardless, that doesn't mean you just close up shop and stop trying to make moves and compete.

they over here playing MyGM with higher rating sliders loaded XD

FZZ

Banned
No, it wouldn't have been better to "develop the young core" over getting Paul George and another all star. You guys act like every young player eventually develops like the NBA is some kind of open world RPG or something. West is going to be competitive regardless, that doesn't mean you just close up shop and stop trying to make moves and compete.

LMAO

I don't understand people just throw out "develop the young guys" as if guys like Randle and D'Lo don't have easily identifiable ceilings. Like if you can grind during practice and eventually turn them into Hall of Famers.

Every pick or prospect is a future hall of famer in someone's eyes

of the 3 prospects that appear to be "available" for LA (DLo, Randle, Clarkson), Russel had the highest upside, which tells me that an Indy deal is not coming, because if they didn't want him they aren't going to want either of the other 2. Unless of course the Lakers never offered DLo to Indy, which tells me they are prioritizing shedding salary over getting PG via trade.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
of the 3 prospects that appear to be "available" for LA (DLo, Randle, Clarkson), Russel had the highest upside, which tells me that an Indy deal is not coming, because if they didn't want him they aren't going to want either of the other 2. Unless of course the Lakers never offered DLo to Indy, which tells me they are prioritizing shedding salary over getting PG via trade.

Pg is just a bonus to make a playoff push this year, they're getting him next season regardless when they can go all in for one of the other 2.

Tom Penny

If there was no Mozgov involved I think the Pacers take the deal

If there was no Mozgov involved I think the Pacers take the deal

i doubt they would try and include Mozgov in a deal for PG.

What Im saying is that it would make no sense for Indy to take a package built around Randle/Clarkson if D'Lo was previously offered, unless they really dislike D'Lo. Most people would agree he's got more potential than the other 2 guys. D'Lo is still only 21.

effzee

There is 0% chance LBJ goes to the Lakers. Literally 0. You think he's going to go to a team in the west to fight against SA, Houston, GSW, etc each year?!

Why would he have to go through all those teams? Warriors just went through Blazer, Jazz, and Spurs.

You act like a LeBron team would have to go through all 7 of the playoff teams in the West. And last I checked he still is the best player on the planet and would only join a team if it has a chance to beat the Warriors and win a championship.

I don't understand people just throw out "develop the young guys" as if guys like Randle and D'Lo don't have easily identifiable ceilings. Like if you can grind during practice and eventually turn them into Hall of Famers.

Damn well said. That's more like the NFL draft.

I guess no one really watched Bropez play last year, dude went from 0.2 3s a game to 5.2, he turned into a really good floor spacing big with some inside touch too. Good guy to have while Zubac develops, spaces the floor for Lonzo to go to work and worst case he comes off the books shortly and you get to punt that Mosgov deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU61q_ZxlX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQIOB5pLoNk

lol at thinking he's anything like Okafor.

Kickz

@ramonashelburne

Lakers had called multiple teams in lottery about acquiring Russell this week. No takers. He becomes the guy who helps them get off Moz $
5:25 PM - 20 Jun 2017

Magic got some expensive accident forgiveness, using a #2 pick to clear salary

magic.png

Pg is just a bonus to make a playoff push this year, they're getting him next season regardless when they can go all in for one of the other 2.

Getting PG isn't a certainty. If he goes to a contender in the offseason and does well there, he could be persuaded to stay. He'd rather go to the Lakers than tread water in Indiana, but it's too early to say what he'd think if, for example, he went to Cleveland and won a title there.

Fjordson

No, it wouldn't have been better to "develop the young core" over getting Paul George and another all star. You guys act like every young player eventually develops like the NBA is some kind of open world RPG or something. West is going to be competitive regardless, that doesn't mean you just close up shop and stop trying to make moves and compete. I like D'Lo a lot too, but lets be real it's unlikely his ceiling was much higher than "really good starting PG". He was probably never going to be a perennial allstar/franchise guy.
lmfao @ open world RPG. Too true.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Sucks to see Russell go but thems the breaks. Gotta make cap-space for 2018...

Calling the 2018 line-up now:

Ball
George
BI
Cousins
Zubaz

BOOK IT

BI, Lopez, and Ball are going to have to play out of their minds next season for us not to be a bottom two team, which is looking likely at the moment =/

Thank you, people were always overvaluing our young core. And even if we lose to the Warriors in the playoffs every year there is value in just having a good team, it's better than watching a talent-barren roster try and cobble together 30 wins.

Plus I assume PG and whatever all-star we might land will be good for player development.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
It just hit me that Brook Lopez is unquestionably our best player.
Bruh, the lakers are going to be ass-cheeks next season as we are currently constructed.

The fact that we don't have a top 5 pick is the cherry topper though. I've already skipped to the acceptance stage of grief before summer league even starts.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Man, if PG declines us and we can't sign any free agents in a year AGAIN, I will never forgive this god damn organization.

Magic and Lowe better have some under the table deals/agreements going on. No more off-season blue-balls. No more god damn it =(

qcf x2

Ingram would probably be a SG in any lineup that includes PG. George is bigger/stronger and can slide over to small ball 4 easier.

He ain't sliding anywhere. Unless once he gets to the Lakers he becomes Mr Team Player.

Man, fuck that guy. I can't imagine what the Pacers did to offend him to the extent that he made sure they had as little leverage as actually possible in dealing him. Like, this was some vitriolic level of bitchassness.

Top Bottom