• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

B.O.O.M

@MarcDykton: More Sources telling me Julius Randle IS involved as well as the 27th and 28th overall picks in exchange for George. Awaiting confirmation

Sounds like Randle is gone

Sanjuro

Brook Lopez is pretty good though.
giphy.gif

He ain't sliding anywhere. Unless once he gets to the Lakers he becomes Mr Team Player.

Man, fuck that guy. I can't imagine what the Pacers did to offend him to the extent that he made sure they had as little leverage as actually possible in dealing him. Like, this was some vitriolic level of bitchassness.

What the fuck do you want him do to? He informed them he has no intention of resigning. Better now than leading them on into thinking they can keep him. Stop acting like these players should take a vow of loyalty just because an organization drafts them. He gave them multiple seasons of all star level basketball. He owes them little else.

Sad to see Russell go but you were never gonna get those Deng and Mosgov contracts off without actually giving something of value.

If Magic takes JJ then I'll be livid but so far with this deal I'm content.

Boogs31

Per Ramona Shelbyrne that's exactly what happened. They tried to get a lottery pick for him straight up, got very little interest, so turned around and decided to make him the carrot on the stick with Mozgov's contract.

If that's true it seems silly a team like Detroit wouldn't take that deal. Especially after how lousy Reggie Jackson was last season.

Lakers-GAF be honest, what was your real thoughts on D'Angelo Russell being the future of your franchise at the time?

Iffy, his defense is shit and a back court of him and Ball would be so bad defensively that opposing players would probably score career highs against them. That said his shooting stroke was nice. To me Zubac and Ingram seemed like the better prospects especially if you look into BI's strides in the later half of the year.

I don't know who to blame the Bulls or Jimmy Butler. Tired of this stuff coming yearly with his pending trade. Either do what PG13 did or just stand by what you were saying which is to be with the Bulls.

If that's true it seems silly a team like Detroit wouldn't take that deal. Especially after how lousy Reggie Jackson was last season.

From listening to Lowe's podcast yesterday with Kevin's arnovit it seems like Russell was an incredibly divisive player around the league.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Not surprised. Cleveland is a shithole. Kyrie will probably ask out if Bron leaves. Good job, good effort, Gilbert.

Wonder if Kyrie for CP3 will work. LBJ got to play with his friend and Kyrie got to be his own man in LA...

Russell does have a sweet quick stroke which matches today's game perfectly. I too was high on him but he was a defensive liability that never improved.

Top Bottom