• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Servbot24

Banned
Wonder if Kyrie for CP3 will work. LBJ got to play with his friend and Kyrie got to be his own man in LA...

Sounds like a bad deal for literally everyone. Kyrie can't do it on his own, LeBron gets an aging guard instead of rising star, CP3 has to wither away in Cleveland continuing to not get a ring

Lakers-GAF be honest, what was your real thoughts on D'Angelo Russell being the future of your franchise at the time?

I was really high on him when we drafted him. My biggest gripe is that I didn't see a ton of development over his first 2 years. Granted he's still super young, and I like his offensive skill set, but the two big elephants in the room on him were A) he is absolute shit on defense, which I doubt will ever significantly improve and B) I question whether he will ever become an efficient enough scorer to ever truly be a number 2 or even 3 guy on a good team.

Wonder if Kyrie for CP3 will work. LBJ got to play with his friend and Kyrie got to be his own man in LA...

CP3 didn't negotiate the old man max into the CBA so that he can miss out on it and spend his last years in Cleveland rather than LA.

Slizeezyc

DAR at the very least was the best PG under the age of 23 last year. Now, maybe there isn't a TON of competition for that spot, but still, it shows that he's a player that's hard to find right now in that age bracket.

Dwight just got traded to Charlotte.

m3BgiKY.png

lol Cavs.

Butler determined to go down with that sinking ship.

What the fuck do you want him do to? He informed them he has no intention of resigning. Better now than leading them on into thinking they can keep him. Stop acting like these players should take a vow of loyalty just because an organization drafts them. He gave them multiple seasons of all star level basketball. He owes them little else.

It's less Paul George saying he wants to leave and more him vocalizing that any team he gets traded to will be a one and done. He fucked over what little trading power the Pacers actually had.

jmizzal

Is the only reason people are down on Ball due to his dad?

ESPN put out the rating, he has the lowest bust rate in the draft. dude was an all american and a winner in college, he is big nice size PG, can shoot, great passer and a very good athlete.

Ball is a better prospect then Russell coming out.

Take away Lavar most people would be in love with a player like Lonzo Ball

And dont tell me about him getting toasted by Fox in college, Tim Duncan got toasted by Marcus Camby in college, college games dont mean crap when it comes to the NBA game, Lakers will find a way to help Ball on smaller quick PGs.

Butler determined to go down with that sinking ship.

as much as he is loyal because they gave him a chance in the league and how he turned out. As a Bulls fan he really needs to seek elsewhere I want him to win a ring before he retires. The man deserves so much more than what he has been given.

MPW

Lakers-GAF be honest, what was your real thoughts on D'Angelo Russell being the future of your franchise at the time?

he can't be the face of the franchise

listen to zach lowe podcast Kevin Arnovitz, lakers are happy to get rid of him

lakers needed to free up cap space for free agency 2018 and they did

Sanjuro

ESPN put out the rating, he has the lowest bust rate in the draft. dude was an all american and a winner in college, he is big nice size PG, can shoot, great passer and a very good athlete.

And dont tell me about him getting toasted by Fox in college, Tim Duncan got toasted by Marcus Camby in college, college games dont mean crap when it comes to the NBA game, Lakers will find a way to help Ball on smaller quick PGs.

Take Lavar away and most people would not know who Lonzo Ball is.

as much as he is loyal because they gave him a chance in the league and how he turned out. As a Bulls fan he really needs to seek elsewhere I want him to win a ring before he retires. The man deserves so much more than what he has been given.

Yeah, I feel bad for him because I know he wants to stay loyal to the team buy that FO keeps only taking half-measures to keep from tanking.

Maybe 5th time is the charm for Dwight.

Sandfox

That's debatable.

jmizzal

Take Lavar away and most people would not know who Lonzo Ball is.

HUH? the dude was one of the top HS prospects, what are you talking about, and he lived up to his hype at UCLA, i'm talking about basketball fans, not casual viewers, he's not the 2nd highest rated player in the draft cuz his dad has a big mouth

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Has there ever been a fall off like Dwights? Dude was a HOF type of player like 5 years ago, carried Orlando to a finals they could have won and now hes getting traded for the shitty Plumlee brother. Should have never left Orlando smh

Sanjuro

HUH? the dude was one of the top HS prospects, what are you talking about, and he lived up to his hype at UCLA, i'm talking about basketball fans, not casual viewers, he's not the 2nd highest rated player in the draft cuz his dad has a big mouth

If you're talking about basketball fans, then why are you talking about Lavar Ball?

Top Bottom