• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

FZZ

Banned
Phil Jackson on MSG Live-"We're getting calls...we've ben getting calls and we're listening. We have to do what's good for the club...2 starters and a draft pick"

AINGE BOUT TO DO IT

Phil Jackson on MSG Live-"We're getting calls...we've been getting calls and we're listening. We have to do what's good for the club...2 starters and a draft pick"
Phil was asked about the exit meeting. Phil was clearly annoyed, said he has never had a player miss an exit meeting in 25-30 years of coaching so he was quite surprised.
said he has had minimal contact with Kristaps, nothing through voice.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Lol so Dwight Howard gets to demoralize Charlotte's locker room for a season or two?

Way to go MJ! He is such a shit basketball exec

FZZ

Banned
Except Magic scoops in with that number 2 pick like
tumblr_n75icywMXq1rgx7ico1_400.gif

I'd give up #2 for Porzy. Do it Magic.

small ballers confirmed

we don't have the assets, he wants two starters

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Hot damn is it me or has this offseason been one of the most entertaining ones in recent memory? This is awesome!

Horrible move for the Knicks but Porzingis is far from a stud. Ideally he needs to be your 2nd or 3rd best player on a championship team IMO. From what I've seen he can't stay out of foul trouble and often times gets turned in to a jump shooter albeit a good one. However, he's young and I will admit I haven't logged a ton of minutes watching the Knicks.

The Porzingod is 1 year and a half older than Jackson and he averaged over 18 points shooting respectably from everywhere. He is a machine and he just makes so much sense for the Celtics so yeah I'm not getting my hopes up, yay Jayson Tatum.

qcf x2

Horrible move for the Knicks but Porzingis is far from a stud. Ideally he needs to be your 2nd or 3rd best player on a championship team IMO. From what I've seen he can't stay out of foul trouble and often times gets turned in to a jump shooter albeit a good one. However, he's young and I will admit I haven't logged a ton of minutes watching the Knicks.

He's a stud, idk what you're talking about. The idea that the Lakers could potentially get Paul George, KP, a lottery/borderline lottery point guard in the draft AND clear space for a big name free agent a year from now while holding on to the #2 pick from last year is both irritating and altogether impressive. Magic would be exec of the year already, even though the Lakers would barely make the 8th seed.

Rvaan

Banned
If Jeanie and Magic call Phil with an offer of the first rounders and Randle or Deng for Kristaps does Phil say no?

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
If Jeanie and Magic call Phil with an offer of the first rounders and Randle or Deng for Kristaps does Phil say no?

Only if Phil is included in the deal... I would said yes..

Starting to sound like Phil is just trolling and/or seeing if someone loses their mind. Supposedly he is asking for the moon for KP. Saw a tweet that NY asked PHX for the 4 and Devin Booker for the Zinger.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Are we sure thats Phil Jackson or did Billy King toke over his body....

FZZ

Banned
Starting to sound like Phil is just trolling and/or seeing if someone loses their mind. Supposedly he is asking for the moon for KP. Saw a tweet that NY asked PHX for the 4 and Devin Booker for the Zinger.

that was the old deal he wanted

currently he wants two starters and a top 4 pick

so not necessarily Booker level but just two other starters

Yeah, not to mention Phil's probably doing his classic passive aggressive mind games in retaliation for Porzingus bouncing on that last meeting. Phil's like, 'oh you think you're the big dog here, huh?'

Phil just taking him down a peg or two before next season.

theWB27

Yeah, not to mention Phil's probably doing his classic passive aggressive mind games in retaliation for Porzingus bouncing on that last meeting. Phil's like, 'oh you think you're the big dog here, huh?'

Phil just taking him down a peg or two before next season.

That's stupid when dude can just leave very soon.

Kickz

Phil: "I don't think I've ever had a player, over 25 years of coaching, maybe 30, not come to an exit meeting. It's not happened to me."
8:20 PM - 21 Jun 2017

Phil out here talking like a scorn woman
full

Top Bottom