• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

I'm starting to really like this Lavar Ball fellow

During his first time in the presence of the entire Ball family, LaVar was, well, LaVar. He was candid and also maybe a little too honest while talking about the idea of all three of his sons playing in the NBA one day. "I told my boys that one of them wasn’t going to make it. Because if you’ve got three, only one, maybe two make it to the NBA," he confessed. And instead of letting them wonder which son that will be, LaVar admitted that he's already told his middle son LiAngelo that it will probably be him.

full

FZZ

Banned

In a more recent video he said he's gonna be going to Draft Day 3 years in a row sooooooo

Not cool.

If the worst thing a father has said to his sons is that one of them won't make it into the NBA. You're a pretty damn good dad

I hope he got a flaming bag of shit from him for father's day... what a douche.

I'm sorry if your dad told you, you could make it into the NBA

He got his son a full scholarship at UCLA

Chill

Slizeezyc

He's 22 and already one of the best rim protectors in the league and offensively is solid

While I know the percentages do go down a lot when KP is there at the rim, which is awesome, I still don't know if I'd call him one of the best rim protectors quite yet. And I hate to disagree with my best bud and co-chair of the Josh Jackson Is A Bust Club, but I think there is some level of noise to that stat for KP -- not much, but enough to put it into context.

Especially when factoring in the rebounding numbers and the foul trouble. I still really like him as a rim protector, but I think that first half of his rookie season has been the closest he's been to actually being dope AF as a big who blocks shots while the last year and a half hasn't been as strong a case for it in an overall sense.

When he's chasing and such it hurts him in some other area. All that being said an 11 percent drop in field goal percentage on nearly 7 attempts a game is super good stuff (and it was at around 10 percent the year before). It's right there with Giannis and just a step below where Draymond and LMA were last year in that forward/center category. However, I do think it comes with a bit of noise year to year as a guy like David Lee is in that 10 percent range and so on....That being said I also will point out Embiid's percentage in this same category was 18(!) percent, and Rudy Gobert's was 13 percent.

Nevertheless, the Celtics would be crazy not to do Crowder and Bradley (or Smart if they can get away with it!) plus the third pick, and then maybe just one other pick like the Memphis one if that's literally all it will take.

In a more recent video he said he's gonna be going to Draft Day 3 years in a row sooooooo

If the worst thing a father has said to his sons is that one of them won't make it into the NBA. You're a pretty damn good dad

I'm sorry if your dad told you, you could make it into the NBA

He got his son a full scholarship at UCLA

Chill
Lol. Why are you defending his honor? He's a well known clown. Entertaining, but still a clown.

And yea, he probably is right. Which is fine for just about anyone on Earth to say EXCEPT for the dudes dad. If he can say that UCLA Lonzo is better than 2017 Curry then I'm sure he can lie about this kid too. Or just not say anything, god damn. It's a shitty thing to do.

FZZ

Banned
I like Lavar a lot

Obviously a Lonzo stan as a player

but Lavar is a damn good father, and other than the white player comment he honestly hasn't said anything fucked up imo

the Kyrie's mom comment was taken wayyyyy out of context

edit: plus in the video I linked Lavar clearly thinks Gelo is gonna make it to draft night, idk about that Complex article or when Lavar was quoted saying that. But the vid I linked is def a lot more recent

Cornbread78

I like Lavar a lot

Obviously a Lonzo stan as a player

but Lavar is a damn good father, and other than the white player comment he honestly hasn't said anything fucked up imo

the Kyrie's mom comment was taken wayyyyy out of context

edit: plus in the video I linked Lavar clearly thinks Gelo is gonna make it to draft night, idk about that Complex article or how old it is

Already building that wall to defend the purple and yellow, huh?

effzee

Maybe I missed it but didn't LeBron's wife want to move back to Cleveland from Miami? Now I see people in this thread post she was never for moving back to Cleveland?

Sandfox

Ramona Shelburne‏Verified account @ramonashelburne 1m1 minute ago

Generally speaking they asked for a the top-5 pick and a young player on a star track.
Well I guess the Knicks are keeping Porzingis then.

Slizeezyc

Well I guess the Knicks are keeping Porzingis then.

Man if I'm the Suns I totally do Zinger for Booker and 4, maybe I make them eat the Chandler deal, which I think works after Rose comes off the books when the new CBA year flips over. Booker's value will never be higher and he's probably at least a little overrated considering what he's weak at.

Man if I'm the Suns I totally do Zinger for Booker and 4, maybe I make them eat the Chandler deal, which I think works after Rose comes off the books when the new CBA year flips over. Booker's value will never be higher and he's probably at least a little overrated considering what he's weak at.
Booker is awesome and 4 could be a great player.

I wouldn't do that.

spyder_ur

Cap Number change for next year.

Is this for 17-18 or 18--19?

I read and found it interesting that the terrible playoffs and sweeps (less games) played a part in the players making less money.

I believe the early projection was $108m but recent revisions were 101.

Really hurts any team trying to clear cap to get a max FA.

Sandfox

Sam Amico‏Verified account @AmicoHoops 46m46 minutes ago
#Pacers said to be sifting through, ranking offers for Paul George on #NBA Draft eve. Been contacted by just about every team, if not all.

Sam Amico‏Verified account @AmicoHoops 26m26 minutes ago
Team execs interviewed by AmicoHoops seem to think #Cavs, #Lakers, #Celtics (in no order) have put together strongest offers for George.
I wonder what the offers were. The Cavs don't have any picks to offer and who knows how much Ainge is willing to offer.

spyder_ur

For Philly - would require Fultz and Embiid or Simmons, so no
Lakers - Ball and Ingram
Boston - #3 pick and maybe Jaylen?
Phoenix - #4 and Booker
Sacramento - #5 and WCS?

I don't think I'd do that if I were Phoenix. I can't imagine Sac's offer is anywhere near enough, especially since Jackson likely don't be there.

Top Bottom