• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Servbot24

Banned
Phil out here talking like a scorn woman
full

Porzingis trying to get dumped on purpose

Tommy DJ

The way he's talking sounds like he has no plans to keep him. Publicly stating the price, shit talking Zinger. Crazy.

That's what I'm talking about.

Phil Jackson been like that for a while now. And there's no reason to assume Porzingis is happy with the current state of the Knicks. No one in their right mind would be.

I don't know if its the New York media stirring all of this up but Porzingis seemed to be pretty passive aggressive with regards to the Knicks. And it seems like he's intentionally doing this because it keeps riling up Phil Jackson, which riles up the New York sports media. And we've basically seen the New York media turn on the Knicks/Dolan/Jackson and not Porzingis. If Porzingis is stirring shit up by not attending meetings and rubbing Phil Jackson the wrong way, it gives him the easiest way out of New York without becoming New York's Lebron.

Phil does realize his legacy is going to have this huge stain on it every time someone writes about him now right?

Like we've seen NBA stars fuck up the front office before but they are usually fired long before reaching this point.

New to this thread, but I just needed to tell somebody that I'm seriously debating abandoning my lifelong Knicks fandom in favor of a new team. I wish the NBA was having an expansion draft like the NHL this year. Not because the league is too strong (clearly not), I just would like a fresh start somewhere. This franchise is a fucking joke.

How do you prepare for the future by trading your star 22 year old 7'3 unicorn? I am so so salty.

LionPride

Banned
Horrible move for the Knicks but Porzingis is far from a stud. Ideally he needs to be your 2nd or 3rd best player on a championship team IMO. From what I've seen he can't stay out of foul trouble and often times gets turned in to a jump shooter albeit a good one. However, he's young and I will admit I haven't logged a ton of minutes watching the Knicks.
He's 22 and already one of the best rim protectors in the league and offensively is solid

theWB27

Phil does realize his legacy is going to have this huge stain on it every time someone writes about him now right?

Like we've seen NBA stars fuck up the front office before but they are usually fired long before reaching this point.

He got 11 rings and lived through almost trading Kobe.. he good.

New to this thread, but I just needed to tell somebody that I'm seriously debating abandoning my lifelong Knicks fandom in favor of a new team. I wish the NBA was having an expansion draft like the NHL this year. Not because the league is too strong (clearly not), I just would like a fresh start somewhere. This franchise is a fucking joke.

How do you prepare for the future by trading your star 22 year old 7'3 unicorn? I am so so salty.
Dudes that tall do not last long in the league.

What if it ends up being the right move though?

I think this makes sense. You trade a great player for multiple good players + high picks. New york needs a lot of help just to be decent. And if porzings dont wanna be there, this is a win win.

How many 7'2" or taller players have played productively into their 30s in the past 25 years? I can only think of one.

How many 7'2+ starters have there even been? I'm thinking you're working with a small sample size there. Even still, I'm guessing the proportion of most players of any height group being productive into their 30's is pretty slim anyway.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
LaMarcus to the Suns for #4, #4 to the Knicks for KP.

Because of course the Spurs need KP and Kawhi. Bonus - frees up space to get CP3.

FZZ

Banned
I've reaffirmed my belief that Lonzo will become the best player in the league

and have now reevaluated that he will surpass Michael Jordan

We already lost Dlo, I don't want to lose another point guard

don't fuck this Magic

let Ainge get his Unicorn

Dudes that tall do not last long in the league.

So the Knicks should trade their best young player in the past decade because he's too tall? That'd be a silly reason to want to trade him. But even if you wanted to make that case, I'd argue that his weight and style of play suggest he won't suffer the same fates of past extremely tall players.

If that was a legitimate concern, why'd they use a pick on him two years ago?

I've reaffirmed my belief that Lonzo will become the best player in the league

and have now reevaluated that he will surpass Michael Jordan

We already lost Dlo, I don't want to lose another point guard

don't fuck this Magic

let Ainge get his Unicorn
You been hanging outside too much lately.

Top Bottom