• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
MJ would be the biggest bandwagon ring chasing player in existence. He'd sign two year deals with contenders and ring chase his way into the history books. He ends his career with six rings from two teams.

Jordan in this era would be the shit and I say this as a hater. Let the 24 hour news cycle get a whiff of gambling accusations.. Sit in awe as Tim Kurkjian breaks Jordan's statistical breakdown of Jordan's WARP.

-----------------

I am feeling uneasy as shit about this offseason over the front office moves. Chauncey Billups does not instill confidence in a veteran win now team. Appeasing Bron never works but we need to give a good effort so he doesn't leave.

We need to resign Derrick Williams, let RJ walk, and get some quality second round picks to decrease our age because we're one of the oldest teams in the league.

Jordan with modern hand check rules, modern medical treatment, and modern playstyles (aka 3s and driving) would be nigh unstoppable.

beat

A story on the Warriors heading into the draft: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/06/...-and-the-warriors-attack-thursdays-nba-draft/ They don't have a pick themselves, but might buy one if the opportunity presents itself. Teams can only send out or receive $3.6M in cash per year in these kinds of transactions and some teams are already close to the limit.

So wild guess on my part, they're probably gonna look in summer league to sign an undrafted rookie cause it just seems unlikely they'll find someone in the draft and also find a team willing and able to sell their pick.

A story on the Warriors heading into the draft: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/06/...-and-the-warriors-attack-thursdays-nba-draft/ They don't have a pick themselves, but might buy one if the opportunity presents itself. Teams can only send out or receive $3.6M in cash per year in these kinds of transactions and some teams are already close to the limit.

So wild guess on my part, they're probably gonna look in summer league to sign an undrafted rookie cause it just seems unlikely they'll find someone in the draft and also find a team willing and able to sell their pick.

The sixers have 4 2nds, they'd prob be willing to sell one.

Cornbread78

giphy.gif

tumblr_mzv32zIR3H1t3hbhyo1_500.gif

FZZ

Banned
Yeah the more I look at it, we aren't giving Zo any shooters

Idk how he's supposed to succeed with our roster

Seems like he's being set up for failure

ZuPac got a decent midrange, Larry Nance been working on his jumper. Man, lot of excitement going on for laker fans. Somewhat nervous bout tonight, can't wait to see what goes down. If anything does...

FZZ

Banned
Zinger/Butler or don't come home Danny..

2017 is a warm up for next year when he has Bron and PG13 on each wing... Yeah, he is fine.

Plus, Lopez can shoot the trey bruh.

Our best shooter is a center

:(

Well actually if we draft Lonzo, our defacto best shooter is going to be a 19 year old rookie

Lmao

theWB27

Yeah the more I look at it, we aren't giving Zo any shooters

Idk how he's supposed to succeed with our roster

Seems like he's being set up for failure

Why being so defeatist. You know teams are allowed to make moves during the season. Not to mention more off seasons.

Duxxy3

60% Porzingis
30% Butler
10% use the pick.

Everybody was sure that Danny was going to trade the 3 last year too. Keeping it was the right decision. I think he'll do the same thing this year. If it was just the 3 for Porzingis, great. But the Knicks will want multiple picks as well as one of our young guys, probably Jaylen Brown.

I'd give them this years 3 and the Lakers pick, along with either Crowder, Smart or Bradley. That's as far as I would do. I wouldn't involve Jaylen in ANY trade.

Butler... honestly I don't have any interest in him.

Cornbread78

ZuPac got a decent midrange, Larry Nance been working on his jumper. Man, lot of excitement going on for laker fans. Somewhat nervous bout tonight, can't wait to see what goes down. If anything does...

Our best shooter is a center
:(
Well actually if we draft Lonzo, our defacto best shooter is going to be a 19 year old rookie
Lmao
See below, same thing I said, except, I didn't add Wade into the mix

This year is just a test run for Lonzo before he ends up on a super team with Bron, Paul, George and Wade.

60% Porzingis
30% Butler
10% use the pick.

I really hope Porzingis so they can still sign Hayward.

This would make the starting 5 next season:

IT
Bradley
Hayward
Horford
Porzingis

It'd be tough to give up MVP Brown so don't unless you have to

Get rid of Smart, Crowder first since Hayward come replace them and Jaylen can replace smart
Bradley last since you'll need him to be a pest to Steph

Give up #3, lakers pick and smart x Crowder for Porzingis the god

jmizzal

Knicks will be so dumb if they trade Porzingis, Phil is a joke

I think Monk will be the best player in this draft long term, Knicks have a shot at him, pair him with Porzingis and you have a nice young duo

Cornbread78

Being the first pick only takes one pick though. Not to mortgage one's future.

For some teams that would be the case, but Boston has the #3 this season and 3 1st's next season. Plus they have 3 2nd round picks this season as well.

Can't wait to hear Ainge nixed the deal over Jae Crowder...

My pickfork and torch are ready. I'll meet you at the parking garage across the street ready to riot

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Knicks will be so dumb if they trade Porzingis, Phil is a joke

I think Monk will be the best player in this draft long term, Knicks have a shot at him, pair him with Porzingis and you have a nice young duo

While I don't think a KP trade would be wise in the abstract, if the Knicks could get back value, I guess it could make sense. The main thing with KP is that if he doesn't want to play for the Knicks, which is something I understand and could believe, then this very moment could be the Knicks best chance to get maximum value for him. Worst case scenario is what happened with the Pacers and PG - the star saying he's leaving no matter what. Hard to get value back when that happens.

Top Bottom