• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Agreed. This is the guy to make the move for, especially if we can hang on to next year's BKN AND the LAL/SAC pick.

I mean, if I'm NYK, I want #3 + BKN pick + Crowder + Smart or Bradley, and I'm probably finding a way to dump Melo or Noah on you.

EDIT: I win all the things

https://twitter.com/TheMontyShow/status/877916825480077312

Another source tells me #Suns & #Knicks are in fact "down the road" on #Porzingis ..."Bledsoe, Chriss, and the 4th gets it done" #NBADraft

Mind you, this is a random radio host on Twitter, so probably BS. :p

Cornbread78

He's going to give up those assets for Melo watch LOL!!!

That's probably what is going to happen with a Zinger trade. I'm not sure how they would make IT, Melo, Bradley, Horford and Zinger work together when they would have no defense at all for the 2 guard spots....

can you guys take a deep breath before posting or something? nothing has happened yet, relax.

giphy.gif

This is the asset king Danny we're talking about here.....

He must draft all 4 players this year, so they can end up us middling pros or release them all at the end of training camp.

So Danny and Belicheck...wonder if Boston >insert NHL team here< does the same.

Nah, the Bruins draft all their picks them trade them for fish once they are NHL game ready.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Can he score off the dribble or shoot though?

he has no mechanical issues and he shot 34% last year. He has a really good foundation to improve on that. On top of that everything I've read says he has plenty of useful skills on offense, but he's more focused on his defense. He definitely has a ton of room to develop that, very very high ceiling, and imo a really great floor due to his defensive versatility.

Nobody knows who Ainge is going to pick. He might be willing to move down again.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...keeping_everyone_guessing_on_eve_of_nba_draft

see I would LOVE isaac and dennis smith

Ronin Ray

Sam Amick said on The Ringer podcast that Jerry West was interested in staying with Golden State but that the new contract they offered him was surprisingly low, so he decided to leave.

Goddamnit...and with Schlenk gone too now. I pray Lacob doesn't start fucking all this up. Watch him go full Dan Gilbert and not bring back Bob Meyers.

How do you still find stuff to complain and worry about? Your in the best restaurant eating the best food made by the best chef and your freaking out because the door man's shoe was untied.

Cornbread78

lol why would you ever assume that

2nd assumption: Jae is gone in the trade

could you see Melo trying cover Bron?

I think they would have to switch them a lot depending on matchups.

(I'm trying not to agree with the IDEA of bringing in Melo instead of another max FA)

Bread

Banned
2nd assumption: Jae is gone in the trade

could you see Melo cover Bron?

I think they would have to switch them a lot depending on matchups.

(I'm trying not to agree with the IDEA of bringing in Melo instead of another max FA)
Avery is barely tall enough to cover SGs, now you want him on wings and fat ass Melo on 2s?!! This is so dumb but I can't help myself

Cornbread78

Avery is barely tall enough to cover SGs, now you want him on wings and fat ass Melo on 2s?!! This is so dumb but I can't help myself

I have no idea, I just know Melo can't play D anymore and I'd be scared as shit having him and IT on the floor at the same time, lol.

ESPN

Most similar prospects to Josh Jackson based on position and projections

Durant
Hayward
Melo

Wut..

huh? Jackson has no offense game like those other did....

Those three guys can all play 3 and small ball 4, which is the biggest question mark with JJ. This is why the Kawhi comparisons are sort of misguided. A lot of Kawhi's value comes from the fact that he has the size and wingspan to guard 1-4.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I desperately want the Spurs to trade LMA to the Suns for #4 and take Josh Jackson. Basically have two Kawhis on your team potentially. Also frees up cap space to get CP3.

Those three guys can all play 3 and small ball 4, which is the biggest question mark with JJ. This is why the Kawhi comparisons are sort of misguided. A lot of Kawhi's value comes from the fact that he has the size and wingspan to guard 1-4.

Not to mention it's not that easy as to just say "the Spurs coaching staff will develop him into a kawhi". Otherwise we would have 15 kawhi Leonard's lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I desperately want the Spurs to trade LMA to the Suns for #4 and take Josh Jackson. Basically have two Kawhis on your team potentially. Also frees up cap space to get CP3.

Shut your g-damn mouth. If we trade for, or sign, either Millsap or LMA, I'm blaming you. And then I'm crying in my milk.

Top Bottom