• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

While I don't think a KP trade would be wise in the abstract, if the Knicks could get back value, I guess it could make sense. The main thing with KP is that if he doesn't want to play for the Knicks, which is something I understand and could believe, then this very moment could be the Knicks best chance to get maximum value for him. Worst case scenario is what happened with the Pacers and PG - the star saying he's leaving no matter what. Hard to get value back when that happens.

It's definitely true that it'd be a total disaster to have KP turn into a Paul George situation where he says he's leaving New York no matter what. However, the Knicks are nowhere near that point, as they have control of Porzingis for a while still. Assuming Porzingis wants to become an unrestricted free agent as soon as possible, the earliest he could do so would be the summer of 2020. He'd be pretty much forced to sign his qualifying offer in 2019, because the Knicks would no doubt match any offer sheet he'd theoretically sign.

So while I'd agree that it's best to move him if this whole situation has soured him on playing in New York, there is absolutely no rush for the Knicks to move him this offseason. They're nowhere near a Paul George scenario.

I can't wait to hear the stories about how Ainge got incredibly close to trading for Porzingis right up until the moment he drafted Tatum.

Cornbread78

I can't wait to hear the stories about how Ainge got incredibly close to trading for Porzingis right up until the moment he drafted Tatum.

Exactly my constant frustration with Danny over the past few years. He's continually trying to outsmart everyone, rather than just make the move. I don't think anyone is going to bend over, grab their ankles and hand him the KY anymore, so he really just has to pull the trigger at some point and make a move.

They have too many assets and draft and stash isn't going to cut it at all..

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
First Take is hilarious at the moment

SAS bringing up crackhead Lamar Odom talk, Goddamn!

Miracle

I'm both excited and feel extremely uneasy.

giphy.gif

Tommy DJ

So Spurs trying to get a top 10 pick for L.Aldridge.. damn I guess Pop doesn't want to see his ass.

The Spurs were clearly hoping to get a reliable scorer like Duncan and Robinson were. They have a good shot doctor and coaching staff so they probably felt confident that they could work the issues out of him. Unfortunately, that really hasn't panned out. He's also in the unfortunate position of being a really inefficient midrange scorer in a league where the best 5s can shoot the three ball sometimes better than he can shoot his long 2s. He's a really anachronistic player in a league where all good 4s and 5s rebound as well as him and are far better scorers as well.

I can see them trading Danny Green for the same reason. The biggest problem with the Spurs throughout the regular and post season is that they can go through stretches where they can't buy a single non-Kawhi/bench bucket. Its heart attack inducing when you have to put up with Aldridge or Green bricking shot after shot because you know they're eventually going to have a stretch where they shoot 80% for some inexplicable reason.

theWB27

For some teams that would be the case, but Boston has the #3 this season and 3 1st's next season. Plus they have 3 2nd round picks this season as well.

My pickfork and torch are ready. I'll meet you at the parking garage across the street ready to riot

Why Boston teams like hording all these picks. Damn.

Duxxy3

The only asset you need is love.

I think they only take Isaac if they trade down again.

It's probably Tatum, but Ainge could pull a Belichick and just pick the guy that he likes.

98.5 is crazy today. They want to trade everybody and every asset.

Cornbread78

It's probably Tatum, but Ainge could pull a Belichick and just pick the guy that he likes.

98.5 is crazy today. They want to trade everybody and every asset.

switch over to Ordway, he knows a LOT more about hoops...

The more I think about it, the more I feel the Zen Master is trying to off-load Melo in the Zinger trade... It's making me really nervous..

Fjordson

Sam Amick said on The Ringer podcast that Jerry West was interested in staying with Golden State but that the new contract they offered him was surprisingly low, so he decided to leave.

Goddamnit...and with Schlenk gone too now. I pray Lacob doesn't start fucking all this up. Watch him go full Dan Gilbert and not bring back Bob Meyers.

Top Bottom