• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

FZZ

Banned
Jay Williams said a top 15 player told him that Phil Jackson was dozing off during prospect workouts lmao

Makes you wonder if Phil is just over it and trying to get fired.

Phil been with the mission of fuck the knicks ever since he coached Jordan

Miracle

Jay Williams said a top 15 player told him that Phil Jackson was dozing off during prospect workouts lmao

Makes you wonder if Phil is just over it and trying to get fired.

If Phil REALLY wanted to get fired, he would just try to get Jeanie back and trade KP and filler for Clarkson, Deng and 27th.

Then again, that might be overkill as Phil would also probably get shot for that by a crazy Knicks fan, let alone fired.

Sandfox

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 11s11 seconds ago
Sources: Several teams engaging with NY on Kristaps Porzingis - including Boston - are unwilling to meet Knicks demands for deal. So far.

beat

I don't understand what y'all mean about unloading Melo. Phil gave him a no trade clause in 2014. Melo isn't going anywhere unless he wants to go.

I don't understand what y'all mean about unloading Melo. Phil gave him a no trade clause in 2014. Melo isn't going anywhere unless he wants to go.

Melo will only accept trades to Cleveland or the Clippers. Worst part is Cleveland rejected a Love for Carmelo swap at the trade deadline.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Looking at the mock draft.. I think Mavs is going to move to the Minnesota's 7th spot because Knicks has show alot of interest in Frank Ntilikina.

Melo will only accept trades to Cleveland or the Clippers. Worst part is Cleveland rejected a Love for Carmelo swap at the trade deadline.

Melo is probably a worse defender than Love and that's really saying something. With Jerry West, the Clippers probably want to get younger rather than older, so I don't see him going there either.

My guess is that Phil threw this out there to send a message to KP on some old school bullshit, and if as a result somebody blew him a way with a godfather offer great, but he likely never had any intention of trading him for even 90 cents on the dollar.

Servbot24

Banned
My guess is that Phil threw this out there to send a message to KP on some old school bullshit, and if as a result somebody blew him a way with a godfather offer great, but he likely never had any intention of trading him for even 90 cents on the dollar.

Porzingis wants to be traded though.

Does he want to stay in NY, though? I get loving the city, but that franchise is going nowhere and he'd be better off going somewhere else to compete and maybe up his value a bit for the last few years of his career.

Melo is going to LA too
He's tired of people talking shit about him for no rings and will sign a 1-2 year deal for cheap

He's got jordan/Nike money endorsements

beat

My vague understanding, KP doesn't want out of NY, he wants Phil out of NY.

Or maybe he's smart enough to realize the organization's dysfunction starts with Dolan and he really does want out. But so far I think he's playing this like a power struggle that ousts Phil will be enough for him.

Miracle

Does he want to stay in NY, though? I get loving the city, but that franchise is going nowhere and he'd be better off going somewhere else to compete and maybe up his value a bit for the last few years of his career.

If Melo gave a single fuck about winning (or a chance at winning rather), he would have signed with the Bulls in 2014.

LMA and Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli for Lebron. Final offer. Parker and Ginobli sacrificing themselves for Pop.

Cavs still go to the playoffs and even beat Boston. I don't know about Rondo though.

shake danny shake

006rXwLmgy1ffopzvc8f2g30ai05vnpf.gif

jbug617

Banned
Knicks asking for #3, BK 18' Pick, Crowder and Jaylen
According to a Knicks source, Jackson is asking for the third overall pick in Thursday's draft as well as next year's Brooklyn pick along with Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder. This version of the deal would not include Boston taking on Joakim Noah's contract.

The Celtics feel the price is far too high but they are open to tweaking the deal to include just one draft pick, either this year's No. 3 or next year's Brooklyn pick.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...e=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

Top Bottom