• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Cornbread78

Celtics offer to the Knicks according to ESPN
Rumor it's Minnesota who would be the pick Ainge would acquire.

428120CuteGifspussinboots33184387500281large.gif

Boogs31

I'd do that. The fact that everyone is freaking out over it is good though, maybe the price will go down and I'll be even happier!

No way Boston or anyone should give up that much for KP. That's more like a package a team would give up for a current superstar. KP is currently a really solid young player, but he's not even a top 20 guy yet. You'd give up a top 5 pick, last year's number 3 pick, a likely top 5 pick next year, and a solid role player on a great contract for KP? That's insane.

I think a fair package would be this years number 3 pick, Crowder and maybe Boston's own first round pick next year that should be in the 20's. Anything more than that would be WAY over valuing Porzingis.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
tbh, I wouldn't ditch Parker either. Dude ran out of gas from the Olympic stuff he was involved with. Remember France had to do a play in tournament for one of the spots prior to the Olympics. Pop tried to talk him out of it.

If he took that summer off, he would've been more effective during the season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Trading Crowder would be so dumb. JB / 3 pick / a Boston 1st will be enough to get it done. Crowder is absurd value you don't give up in a deal like this.

br3wnor

Whatever's happening with Porzingis, I just need it to happen so I can be put out of my misery and stop having my heart skip a beat every time a B/R notification pops on my phone. Granted it's partly karma for being a Yankees/Giants fan, but being a Knicks fan is really fucking awful, 95% of the time.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He's probably the 2nd best 3&D guy in the league behind Klay, I would be shocked if Danny traded Jaylen for a lotto pick already.

oh god i disagree. Overrated defensively, and an inconsistent 3 point shooter. Not to mention an injury machine.

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account @DraftExpress 24m24 minutes ago
More
Sources say one team that to keep an eye on is Denver. The Nuggets have a history of making draft-night trades. Could potentially move down.

better not get rid of gary harris

jbug617

Banned
Boston writer confirms Isola's report. Celtics are hoping Phil's comes down from that asking price.

@Murf56: NBA source confirms NYDN report that NY wants both Nets picks, Brown and Crowder for Porzingis. "(Phil Jackson) is just messing with things"

Boogs31

Trading Crowder would be so dumb. JB / 3 pick / a Boston 1st will be enough to get it done. Crowder is absurd value you don't give up in a deal like this.

I get that Crowder is on a great contract, but you value him over Brown? I couldn't disagree with that more. Brown is 20 years old and showed great signs as a rookie. He's already got more of an all around offensive game than Crowder. Crowder also isn't getting any better. Brown's rookie contract is a pretty great contract as well.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
jae crowder is the definition of expendable. His contract does provide value, but he's not putting anybody over the top.

If you're passing up on a generational talent because you'd rather have Jae Crowder or Jaylen Brown you're insane

yes......I would easily get rid of those two and maybe the 3rd for him.............7th guarantee with those 2 though.

3rd pick though i would try to keep

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
i wonder if minny would be interested in the corpse of noah as part of the deal. It is thibs and he was hot for roses corpse afterall.

Bread

Banned
yes......I would easily get rid of those two and maybe the 3rd for him.............7th guarantee with those 2 though.

3rd pick though i would try to keep
The 3rd pick is what this trade is all about though, that's not happening. The Knicks love Jackson.

Boogs31

If you're passing up on a generational talent because you'd rather have Jae Crowder or Jaylen Brown you're insane

Generational talents are guys like LeBron, Duncan, Anthony Davis that are basically superstars as soon as they enter the league. Porzingis has played two seasons already and is not even an all star yet, let alone a superstar. He's a nice complementary player right now, but you don't throw all your assets you have to get a dude that averages 18 points and 7 rebounds.

The 3rd pick is what this trade is all about though, that's not happening. The Knicks love Jackson.

screw it then, give them the 3rd and keep the 7th

Jackson is not a consistent enough shooter.....Ainge going to be drafting defensive player again who can't shoot

oh wait.....its Ainge XD

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Generational talents are guys like LeBron, Duncan, Anthony Davis that are basically superstars as soon as they enter the league. Porzingis has played two seasons already and is not even an all star yet, let alone a superstar. He's a nice complementary player right now, but you don't throw all your assets you have to get a dude that averages 18 points and 7 rebounds.

averaged 20 and 8 per 36 last year in a dysfunctional system, and has elite tools for both sides of the court. His ability is generational for sure.

Bread

Banned
We're talking about a 7'3" athletic 3 point shooter who is also a great defender. Hell yes I'm selling the farm for this guy.

Boogs31

averaged 20 and 8 per 36 last year in a dysfunctional system, and has elite tools for both sides of the court. His ability is generational for sure.

I like Porzingis. I think he could turn into a great player. But it's not guaranteed. And no he's not a generational talent, he's a guy that can hit threes and protect the rim. Those are rare, but they exist. Serge Ibaka can do both of those things.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
it's funny seeing how many people are all about "assets" when it comes to this deal. KP is better than just about anything you can get otherwise. I love jaylen but his ceiling isn't remotely close to KP.

edit-
I like Porzingis. I think he could turn into a great player. But it's not guaranteed. And no he's not a generational talent, he's a guy that can hit threes and protect the rim. Those are rare, but they exist. Serge Ibaka can do both of those things.

see the fact that you just compared ibaka and porzingis.... sorry not gonna take you seriously.

Servbot24

Banned
I don't understand what the Pacers are doing passing up on Kevin Love. I'm not even a Love fan, but who else do they think they're going to get?

Boogs31

see the fact that you just compared ibaka and porzingis.... sorry not gonna take you seriously.

Ibaka averaged 15 points and 7 rebounds. Porzingis 18 and 7. They aren't significantly different players right now. Yes, I understand Porzingis is young and could improve, while Ibaka has already peaked, but are we confident the Porzingis we've seen thus far isn't just what you're going to get?

Kwhit10

Ibaka averaged 15 points and 7 rebounds. Porzingis 18 and 7. They aren't significantly different players right now. Yes, I understand Porzingis is young and could improve, while Ibaka has already peaked, but are we confident the Porzingis we've seen thus far isn't just what you're going to get?

What player has peaked in their 2nd year outside of Brandon Jennings?

Top Bottom