• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

jbug617

Banned
The Vertical is streaming their draft show. A good alternative to the people who can't watch ESPN. Woj also said that they are going to spoil picks.

Beginning at 7 p.m. ET live from the Yahoo studios in New York, Yahoo Sports’ The Vertical with Woj (WWW.THEVERTICAL.COM) will provide fans with breaking news on draft picks and trades, and exclusive interviews with newsmakers. Joining Mannix will be The Vertical’s front-office insider Bobby Marks – a 20-year NBA executive – to analyze the decisions made by each team, as well Mike Schmitz from DraftExpress to provide big board video analysis of college and international prospects. Crean, who has sent three lottery picks to the NBA Draft in the past four years, will provide expert player analysis in studio.

Throughout the draft, we’ll check in with Woj, The Vertical’s Shams Charania and DraftExpress’ Jonathan Givony as they gather exclusive information on picks and trades from front offices around the league. Givony leads DraftExpress, the world’s most authoritative source on NBA Draft information and video analysis. The Yahoo Sports live show will feature stories on the history of NBA fashion from The Vertical’s “White Mamba Minute” star Brian Scalabrine and this year’s rookie shoe endorsement deal as reported by The Vertical’s Nick DePaula.

When: Live NBA draft show on Thursday, June 23, 7:00 p.m. ET to the conclusion of the First Round (approximately 10:00 p.m. ET)
Who: Adrian Wojnarowski, Indiana coach Tom Crean, Chris Mannix, Bobby Marks, Jonathan Givony, Mike Schmitz and Shams Charania
Where: The Vertical (www.TheVertical.com)

https://yahoo.tumblr.com/post/146205052204/adrian-wojnarowski-and-the-verticaldraftexpress

Can't wait to see what fukkery happens to the mavs this offseason, Dirk prolly gonna leave to join the Cavs for another ring
mjlol.png

At this point ya gotta just laugh at it
mjcry1.png

Time to post here now since it's official....

Riley is gonna max Whiteside isn't he???

Durant/Lebron are gonna stay with their respective teams aren't they???

Wade is gonna turn into dust isn't he???

Bosh is gonna retire isn't he???

Winslow's jumper is still gonna be broken isn't it???

aO9nso.gif

Tom Penny

Noel only has like two years on his contract. I'm over Okafor too. Would he have played at all in the Finals other than against second units? They would have attacked him mercilessly on offense.

Time to post here now since it's official....

Riley is gonna max Whiteside isn't he???

Durant/Lebron are gonna stay with their respective teams aren't they???

Wade is gonna turn into dust isn't he???

Bosh is gonna retire isn't he???

Winslow's jumper is still gonna be broken isn't it???

aO9nso.gif

Can the HEat even max Whiteside? I thought them not having full Bird rights prevented that.

ViciousDS

Banned
So

Bulls get rid of pau, and Noah. Draft for a big.....or sign one? I don't see dwight fitting at all in Chicago with Jimmy b. Andre or Whiteside would be the only other two outside drafting a big that would be good enough. Portis can easily play a 4 due to his 3 point shit and insane athleticism.

jmizzal

Was LeBron trolling with the ultimate warrior shirt? Seem to be a lot of mention of wwf references today.

Well they beat his team once for the title he beat them once, so its 1-1

I still see people bashing the way the Warriors play saying it doesnt work, even tho they won a title and went to the finals back to back years lol it makes no sense

Warriors should go after Pau now that I think about it
He won't ask for max money and he's a legit big

🤔

Lol that Celtics nets trade

I'd rather trade #3 + players for Love X Shump

Ronin Ray

My guess is that the Warriors are willing to go over the tax for the right player again for the short term. Projected cap numbers are set to jump significantly for the next two seasons at least. After this upcoming season the only players on the books are Looney (on a rookie contract) Thompson and Draymond (Bogut, Iggy, Curry and Livingston contracts all expire). Curry will get paid max but after that the roster is completely clean as currently projected. Biyombo as I've consistently stated is a pie in the sky wishlist but worth pursuit (I mean hell...the Warriors are kicking the tires for Durant why not entertain a Biyombo just in case?). I'm all for Noah if the FO and Jerry West think he'll be the Noah of 3 seasons ago (as I've stated previously again)....but seeing how he is now, I doubt it. Noah in his current condition isn't going to address our rebounding defficiencies nor will he give us consistent big minutes (unless of course he recovered) Whatever the case, I have faith that Bob Myers and our front office will get it done.

Is Howard an option if the money was right ?

Fjordson

Lots of local writers saying the Warriors are trying to get a meeting with Dirk. Al Horford also. Myers and Lacob going ham.

Not sure they'll land anyone big, but the effort is appreciated.

Lots of local writers saying the Warriors are trying to get a meeting with Dirk. Al Horford also. Myers and Lacob going ham.

Not sure they'll land anyone big, but the effort is appreciated.

Al Horford is a possibility but it's unlikely that Dirk leaves Dallas.

Mavs should just redo their pitch for DeAndre on Dwight. You are going to be the focal point of the offense, you are going to be average 20 and 20.

DWill
Matthews
Parsons
Dirk
Howard

Solid starting 5 in the West.

Top Bottom