• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Kevtones

Can the Blazers have him?! pretty pls!

Has the draft talk started around here yet? I just want Sabonis JR...no idea what Olshey could trade to get him tho

I have some love towards a down-luck Greg Monroe actually. He's not a great rim protector but could be with the right environment. Good passer/dude too.

- I think Dwight could work in Portland.
- Whiteside's personality doesn't fit (and I'm touting D12)
- Horford is another LMA (no thanks)

B.O.O.M

I have some love towards a down-luck Greg Monroe actually. He's not a great rim protector but could be with the right environment. Good passer/dude too.

- I think Dwight could work in Portland.
- Whiteside's personality doesn't fit (and I'm touting D12)
- Horford is another LMA (no thanks)

I like Monroe too but what desperately need is a big man that can Defend the post. Whiteside would be absolutely perfect I think. Not sure if he would come tho.

ps: I agree on Dwight too. I think the organizational culture and Lillard's leadership style will suit him well

Pachimari

I'm currently reading about the draft through draftsite.com as draftexpress.com doesn't seem to work. So a draft contains two rounds, and it says:

Second round order is determined by reverse order of regular season record

Does this mean, that when we start out round 2, the best team of last season gets to pick first? Or is it in the same order as round 1 (minus the lottery)?

And btw, there's only a lottery between the 3 last placed teams and only once right?

Sandfox

I'm currently reading about the draft through draftsite.com as draftexpress.com doesn't seem to work. So a draft contains two rounds, and it says:

Does this mean, that when we start out round 2, the best team of last season gets to pick first? Or is it in the same order as round 1 (minus the lottery)?

And btw, there's only a lottery between the 3 last placed teams and only once right?

The worst team picks first in the second round.

The lottery takes the 14 teams that didn't make the playoffs and a drawing is held between all of them to decide the top three picks in the draft with records deciding the odds.

Pachimari

Ah yeah, now I see it. But why are people talking like LA Lakers is getting Ingram for the 2nd pick? Do they mean the second round?

PS: Also starting up NBA 2K16 now. Want to do everything to understand everything about basketball.

Sandfox

Ah yeah, now I see it. But why are people talking like LA Lakers is getting Ingram for the 2nd pick? Do they mean the second round?

PS: Also starting up NBA 2K16 now. Want to do everything to understand everything about basketball.

The draft lottery was already held last month and the Lakers got the second pick in the draft.

ng3OGec.png

Hmm.

Bread

Banned
Middleton would be a great addition to the team, then go and get Noel and this team would look a whole lot scarier.

Bread

Banned
I don't like any of the picks so I'm fine with a versatile guy that can drop 15-20 a game and can. Play SG SF and even PF in small ball. He's only 24 and locked up for years.
yup if we can't get butler then he's the next best thing available.

KD going to Rio, wish him the best of luck
not with playing but avoiding the virus, the revolution, the protests, the water

at least give the Cavs a call Ainge, cmon you know you want to do it

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
So

Bulls get rid of pau, and Noah. Draft for a big.....or sign one? I don't see dwight fitting at all in Chicago with Jimmy b. Andre or Whiteside would be the only other two outside drafting a big that would be good enough. Portis can easily play a 4 due to his 3 point shit and insane athleticism.

Maybe go Gibson as a small ball 5? Depends what you think Mirotic's future is. If we can get Baldwin as PG, maybe get something for D Rose (Lopez?) - could be a decent team. Could go wings as Baldwin / Butler / Mirotic and bigs as Lopez / Gibson / Portis?

Lol that Celtics nets trade

I'd rather trade #3 + players for Love X Shump

#3 in this draft isn't good enough for Love tbh. Especially now that Cleveland doesn't have to trade him.

interesting breakdown of Marquesse Chriss from The Ringer:

https://theringer.com/marquese-chriss-nba-draft-2016-eab2962355fb#.7el4h4g5s

He sounds like the biggest boom or bust guy in the draft.

Live in Seattle and went to several UW MBB games - I'm torn on him. Could be good but needs to be on the right team. Think he could be awesome on a Boston or Denver / team that can develop players.

I think Danny should trade those picks while people overvalue them. 1st Rd picks are starting to get overvalued as pendulum swings maybe a little too far + existing contracts are all going to be steals in the current cap situation. Maybe trade #3 + Brooklyn pick (or pick swap if possible) for a Blake griffin perhaps? Maybe try to pry Butler from Chicago?

jbug617

Banned
Russillo tweeted that Ainge is having a hard time shopping the pick because other GMs don't like the Celtics players. Which is hard to believe no one would want Bradley or Crowder especially with the team friendly contracts they have.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Russillo tweeted that Ainge is having a hard time shopping the pick because other GMs don't like the Celtics players. Which is hard to believe no one would want Bradley or Crowder especially with the team friendly contracts they have.

GMs are notorious for overvaluing their own players, (Celtics included), and the problem is that none of the Celtics players are flat out "take over a team" stars. Stevens being such a good coach actually hurts Ainge in that respect. They see the Celtics offers and think they are (to borrow a Simmons phrase) pu-pu platters. Lots of solid guys - but no one who can take you to the top.

Brinbe

No way, Bradley's outstanding perimeter D alone is more valuable than what Middleton brings (which is primarily shooting/scoring), let alone tacking 3 on with that. Bradley's shooting isn't that far behind Middleton either. That's a bad trade imo.

If they can get Noel/Okafor though, and land that anchor C, that's a much better deal.

Anyway, word is that the Raps may be locked onto Sabonis @ 9 and I'm not sure it'll be a good move. He may have a high floor with his motor/nose for boards, but his short te-rex arms/lack of athleticism really put me off of him becoming anything more than a bench mob-tier player in the league. And I think you should aspire for more in the lottery. And I'm not sure he's a good fit next to JV.

But it's not like Skal/Ellenson/Davis/Poetl are perfect prospects either... I hope someone in that top 8 (probably Jaylen Brown?) drops.

Fjordson

Frank Isola says that if Durant doesn't re-sign with OKC he wants to come to Golden State.

I'm betting he'll go back to OKC, though. Maybe on the 1+1 deal.

Frank Isola says that if Durant doesn't re-sign with OKC he wants to come to Golden State.

I'm betting he'll go back to OKC, though. Maybe on the 1+1 deal.

He'd be a fool otherwise.

I mean OKC was a win away from a 2nd Finals appearance

Plus he's gonna get paid with the cap going up

Tom Penny

No way, Bradley's outstanding perimeter D alone is more valuable than what Middleton brings (which is primarily shooting/scoring), let alone tacking 3 on with that. Bradley's shooting isn't that far behind Middleton either. That's a bad trade imo.

If they can get Noel/Okafor though, and land that anchor C, that's a much better deal.

Anyway, word is that the Raps may be locked onto Sabonis @ 9 and I'm not sure it'll be a good move. He may have a high floor with his motor/nose for boards, but his short te-rex arms/lack of athleticism really put me off of him becoming anything more than a bench mob-tier player in the league. And I think you should aspire for more in the lottery. And I'm not sure he's a good fit next to JV.

But it's not like Skal/Ellenson/Davis/Poetl are perfect prospects either... I hope someone in that top 8 (probably Jaylen Brown?) drops.
Bradley had basically reached his ceiling already Middleton has not. That is the difference. I've seen Bradley's whole career and the things he can't do well Create his own shots and plamaking are basically the same and barely improved. I would swap 3 and Bradley for Middleton Bucks pick.

Top Bottom