• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Every team gets torched by one player from time to time. Here are top 10 all-time scoring performances against every NBA team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4vyf2i/every_team_gets_torched_by_one_player_from_time/

The ones dominated by one guy are the best.

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS:

Michael Jordan (69) - Nice
Michael Jordan* (55)
Allen Iverson (54)
Michael Jordan (54)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (53)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (53)
Michael Jordan (52)
Vernon Maxwell (51)
Michael Jordan* (50)
Michael Jordan* (50)
Paul Pierce (50)
Allen Iverson (50)
Bob McAdoo (50)
Pete Maravich (50)

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES:

Kobe Bryant (60)
Kobe Bryant (56)
Kobe Bryant (53)
LeBron James (51)
Jamal Mashburn (50)
Kevin Martin (48)
Steph Curry (46)
Kobe Bryant (45)
Kobe Bryant (45)
Kobe Bryant (44)
Elton Brand (44)

LOS ANGELES LAKERS:

Wilt Chamberlain (78)
Wilt Chamberlain (72)
Wilt Chamberlain (67)
Wilt Chamberlain (65)
Wilt Chamberlain (63)
Wilt Chamberlain (60)
Wilt Chamberlain (60)
Gilbert Arenas (60)
Wilt Chamberlain (59)
Oscar Robertson (56)
Earl Monroe (56)

Curry da gawd on there 7 times.

Kobe and Jordan though, wow.

Wilt and the Lakers....LMFAO.

I'm glad that most of the torching came from the earlier days. It should be known that most of the torching came from Wilt on either the Warriors or the 76ers....so congrats on that one?!?!?! LOL.

Kobe seems to really hate Memphis, also. And good on him for shitting on the Blazers.

jbug617

Banned
Woj says that OKC and Westbrook are talking about an extension
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-russell-westbrook-000000582.html

No deal has been finalized for the five-time All-Star guard, but there’s momentum toward a three-year, $85 million-plus maximum contract renegotiation agreement, league sources told The Vertical.

The proposed deal would include a player option on the third year, which would clear the way for Westbrook to return to free agency in 2018.

Woj says that OKC and Westbrook are talking about an extension till 2019.

9RTTatU.png

Heck this makes no sense either.

With that opt out it makes sense. It lets him add $9 million to his salary this year and opt out after his 10th season which means he would be in line for a massive 35% of the cap max deal in 2018. As long as his body holds up (no guarantee) he's going to break the bank.

Sign an extension then demand a trade to Our Celtics!

Good idea Russell, we did it!
At first when I saw that Westbrook tweet I was confused by everything going on, I asked myself "wait.....did we do it?". But now that I read your post....I now know that we have in fact done it! :")

In my 2K fantasy draft, WB single handedly took the Bulls to the 'ship and won averaging a triple double the whole way there. 30pts/10rb/12ast lol

I'm surprised Westbrook is willing to stay in OKC any longer than he needs to. That team just seems like its going nowhere.

Just because they lost Durant? They have a very young and athletic team. That team is still a Playoff team without Durant, hell they were last year when he played like 8 games.

UncleMeat

August 4th is definitely a better day than July 4th here in OKC. With Russ resigning now the Thunder can make a run at Blake Griffin in free agency next year.

I'm surprised Westbrook is willing to stay in OKC any longer than he needs to. That team just seems like its going nowhere.

There is nowhere he could go this year (via trade) or the next where he's likely to be better than the Warriors or Cavs. Might as well wait them out, get paid like a mofo, and see what the NBA landscape looks like in a year or two.

TylerD

Get your popcorn ready. Russ unleashed with revenge on his mind is going to be must see TV. Stoked the Thunder could work something out with him.

Just because they lost Durant? They have a very young and athletic team. That team is still a Playoff team without Durant, hell they were last year when he played like 8 games.
They actually didn't make the playoffs that year but they would have had WB not been out at the beginning of the season too. That season was such a clusterfuck.

WB going at it alone is gonna be pretty interesting. He goes 100 miles a minute at all times but he's bound to get really worn down if Oladipo doesn't end up becoming a legit 2nd option or maybe Kanter will become more of a 2 way player.

Predictions for WB:
27 pts/gm at 40/28/82 percentages on 24ish fga
I figure his rebounding will stay about the same but his assist numbers will likely drop some

Westbrook is going to average a triple double next season. If I knew a bookie who would take that bet with good odds I would put all my money on it.

Not sure if serious. Ola, that tall mustached dude and ynb is a great core. Billy donovan is a great coach too. Sure they are not Dubs level stacked, but ynb ain't a pussy. He can hold his own.

spyder_ur

I'm lower on the Thunder than others it seems. Oladipo and Westbrook are easily the worst shooting backcourt in the NBA, among other limitations. They also lost their best two frontcourt shooters. I think they're going to have trouble scoring and I'm not sure they'll be great defensively either. Dubs, Spurs, clips, blazers, Grizz are all definitely better, and I could see a couple others slipping in there too.

That's not really a criticism of their offseason, just the reality.

Watching Westbrook unleashed will be a treat though.

Fjordson

I'm lower on the Thunder than others it seems. Oladipo and Westbrook are easily the worst shooting backcourt in the NBA, among other limitations. They also lost their best two frontcourt shooters. I think they're going to have trouble scoring and I'm not sure they'll be great defensively either. Dubs, Spurs, clips, blazers, Grizz are all definitely better, and I could see a couple others slipping in there too.

Yeah, they'll be a decent team, but nothing more. Probably fighting for the 5-8 spots.

But I'm guessing with Werstbrook in tow they'll now be trying to get a second superstar to pair with him. Either through trade or free agency.

rambis

Banned

Wade and Rondo?

I agree that OKC isnt that good put I look at their lost of length more than anything.

They need to actually implement an offense though.

spyder_ur

Yeah, this extension made sense for all parties. It was really all about getting Russ to the 10 year point for his next extension.

I'm not 100% sure this takes him totally off the trade market in the long-term. It does now, but I wonder if we hear rumblings at the deadline or next summer. Presti's M.O. is to err on the side of dealing too early, and this extension only inflates Westbrook's value if anything.

Wade and Rondo?

I agree that OKC isnt that good put I look at their lost of length more than anything.

They need to actually implement an offense though.

Yeah, Wade and Rondo I suppose.

I don't see them implementing that offense this year. Quite frankly, they don't have the parts. It's hard to implement a pace and space system when you don't have good shooters or passers. They have a lot of one-way players.

Obviously this is not the long-term plan for the Thunder, it'll be a bridge year of sorts. Maybe Payne will make a leap.

Top Bottom