• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Jarate

Banned
The Sixers couldn't trade 3 in a weak draft for Noel this year, there's absolutely no way they're getting it in this next draft.

Nets pick isn't guaranteed to be top 3. At the very least, Danny Ainge also couldve really liked Jaylen Brown compared to other prospects. The Sixers could add in players like Covington and Grant, and the cavs could also throw in other offers.

I don't think it would happen, Ainge isnt the type of guy who trades draft picks away, but an owner who wants to win now may force his hands. There have been far stupider trades in basketball

Bread

Banned
Nets pick isn't guaranteed to be top 3. At the very least, Danny Ainge also couldve really liked Jaylen Brown compared to other prospects. The Sixers could add in players like Covington and Grant, and the cavs could also throw in other offers.

I don't think it would happen, Ainge isnt the type of guy who trades draft picks away, but an owner who wants to win now may force his hands. There have been far stupider trades in basketball
*pats head

ye, hence why I said I'd doubt it would happen unless he agreed on some type of extension.

Im pretty sure JC will probably shit the bed though and end up getting Marcus Smart + RJ Hunter for him ;-;

Even if he agreed on an extension they shouldn't give up the pick. Everything Noel has said makes it seem like he wants to come to Boston. Why not just wait for him to hit free agency and see if the Sixers are willing to match a huge deal for him when they have a million other centers?

Jarate

Banned
Even if he agreed on an extension they shouldn't give up the pick. Everything Noel has said makes it seem like he wants to come to Boston. Why not just wait for him to hit free agency and see if the Sixers are willing to match a huge deal for him when they have a million other centers?

Because instead of holding the rights to a player and having all the ability in the world to resign a player as opposed to competing with 28 other teams for him. Holding a player restricted free agency right is way more valuable then if he was just a regular old free agent. But then again, in my proposal, you guys would be getting Kevin Love.

I dont think any of the Sixer's bogs will be traded until the trade deadline when teams will be more desperate anyway.

Because instead of holding the rights to a player and having all the ability in the world to resign a player as opposed to competing with 28 other teams for him. Holding a player restricted free agency right is way more valuable then if he was just a regular old free agent. But then again, in my proposal, you guys would be getting Kevin Love.

I dont think any of the Sixer's bogs will be traded until the trade deadline when teams will be more desperate anyway.

I understand the value of having a players rights going into restricted free agency, I just don't think it's worth such a potentially good pick. Especially when the guy in question has given a lot of indications that he would like to play in Boston. As for Love, I've already said how I feel about giving up the Nets pick for him.

sacre_original.gif

end of an era

Fjordson

Klay on fiyah, finally showing up in Rio.

Coach K seems oddly hesitant to play his best lineups, though. Like why bring Draymond if you aren't going to lean on him at center? Stubbornly sticking with Deandre and Boogie. Also needs to play DeRozan as little as possible.

World teams putting up some good competition, you can really tell they want to prove their keep up against NBA players...
Coach K's rotations are also kinda ass.

Young sensed “good vibes” after talking with Walton a “couple of times” about his possible role. But does that mean the Lakers might plan on keeping Young? “I left the conversations feeling good. But at the end of the day, I don’t know,” Young said. “We’ll see. I hear so much. You don’t know what to believe.”

Ninja lol
2 Guard of the Future!

Hitta93

Banned
There' a chance, but will probably be his best season with turnovers considering he's never play in a structured offense his whole career.

They'll surprise a lot of people, but it's heavily dependant on health. Also hope they pull the trigger on the rumored Rudy Gay trade.

Top Bottom