• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Fjordson

I think Jordan is the greatest ever and pretty much idolized him growing up. Shit I'm wearing Jordan 1's right now. But the way his career is mythologized these days is a little crazy.

I think Jordan is the greatest ever and pretty much idolized him growing up. Shit I'm wearing Jordan 1's right now. But the way his career is mythologized these days is a little crazy.

The worst part is how these arguments bring fans who don't know what the fuck they're talking about out. Someone in that thread says he doesn't even know who LeBron is but he's wrong anyways.

Fjordson

The worst part is how these arguments bring fans who don't know what the fuck they're talking about out. Someone in that thread says he doesn't even know who LeBron is but he's wrong anyways.
Yeah like wtf lol.

I also get a little annoyed by the constant denigration of modern basketball. The pro game is so much more complex and filled with so much more talent these days than some people realize.

Fjordson

Also hate how the discussion usually dives headfirst into how modern players are too friendly or aren't "tough enough" and do nothing but flop. Whenever people start talking about toughness or players being "soft" my brain shuts down.

Also hate how the discussion usually dives headfirst into how modern players are too friendly or aren't "tough enough" and do nothing but flop. Whenever people start talking about toughness or players being "soft" my brain shuts down.

This is why Bill Laimbeer is remembered as the greatest basketball player of all time.

Exodust

Banned
Won't lie, I have a soft spot for the Bad Boys of Detroit even though I'm a Lakers stan. The nWo before the nWo.

That said, Jordan is who I think is GOAT but people who act like Bron Bron isn't in the same conversation need to check themselves. I hate when people don't follow or haven't followed a thing anymore feel the need to make sweeping comments.

Jarate

Banned
MJ is still better then Lebron, but people make him out to be Wayne Gretzky tier of dominant when he isn't

Most underrated azthlete of all time is still Barry Bonds. I assume pretty much every player does Steroids and HGH anyway (if it was the difference between you making millions of dollars for you and your family, wouldnt you use it) and no one in Baseball was anywhere close to as dominant as he was other then Maybe Ruth, but Ruth wasnt allowed to play with a large size of the population.

I was around 5 or something when MJ was dominating. Wasn't into basketball at the time but my gramps kept a whole stat sheet of basketball even tho he didn't know a lick of English lol. I should try to find his old tapes, he might've recorded over them tho with my baby videos...

Idk tho, I think LeBron is in that tier of all time greats. If I had to bet against him or MJ, I would keep my money out of it.

nJ7LhsD.png

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Yes. There is Jordan overvaluing in general, but irks me most is the SEVERE undervaluing Scottie Pippen gets.

The Bulls rolled deep.

Nearly official: http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ap-source-nba-chooses-orleans-2017-star-game-41510511

The NBA has decided to hold the 2017 All-Star Game in New Orleans, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press.

The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity Friday because the decision hasn't been announced. An announcement was expected within the day, the person said.

New Orleans replaces Charlotte, which was set to host the game until the NBA decided last month that it wouldn't hold its marquee, mid-season event in North Carolina because of a state law that limits anti-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay and transgender people.

Unlike several other Southern states, Louisiana has not been swept up in legislative efforts to pass laws similar to that in North Carolina — a fact Gov. John Bel Edwards has touted while lobbying the NBA to bring its All-Star weekend to New Orleans for a third time.

Hitta93

Banned
Looking at the Pelicans roster, they could be a sleeper team out West. Very strong starting 5 with solid depth.

Dallas is looking more and more like the odd man out this season.

pislit

Looking at the Pelicans roster, they could be a sleeper team out West. Very strong starting 5 with solid depth.

Dallas is looking more and more like the odd man out this season.

That's what people keep saying the last few years and they only failed to qualify the PO once in a .500 record.

And Anthony Davis could've been the MVP and homecourt advantage last year, nope.

Chase17

Any of ya'll getting 2k?

Getting it on PC, hopefully it won't be shit
I'll be there if the campaign follows a now retired Freq, attempting to become a successful financial manager after he loses his playing money from some unknown investment.

You play the NBA games as a COF (Client Of Freq)

Any of ya'll getting 2k?

Getting it on PC, hopefully it won't be shit

I'm getting it. I would like to wait for the inevitable sale but I'm not trying to fall behind in MyPark.

It's going to be interesting playing with my Hawks because we obviously took a hit with the pick and pop game, which was super deadly with that front court, but Dwight probably can't get that spacing like horford can. And then we don't have as many shooters too. Millsap will probably still be a beast tho.

Also that timing of the lay ups crap. Wonder how that's going to effect the inside game.

Top Bottom