• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

On the equivalent of a summer series? Let's wait until regular season starts.

Well for the Raptors rookies we just outclassed the Kings.

Both our picks showed up tonight. Delon Wright had 9 pts and 9 assist, and our 2nd rounder Norman Powell lead all scorers with 20 pts. Solid debut for both imo. Delon Wright needs to work on his shooting. Bruno had 15 pts too Raptors-GAF.

CJlM4HsWUAASjR9.jpg

Stugotz lost the NBA Finals bet with Dan so he had to dye his hair to look like Guy Fieri

Lebatard show>>>>>>
LOOOOOOOOOOL! He looks ridiculous. He was complaining about it for weeks too. He said he might shave his head after this.

Well for the Raptors rookies we just outclassed the Kings.

Both our picks showed up tonight. Delon Wright had 9 pts and 9 assist, and our 2nd rounder Norman Powell lead all scorers with 20 pts. Solid debut for both imo. Delon Wright needs to work on his shooting. Bruno had 15 pts too Raptors-GAF.

could not have asked for a better game.

Waiting to get me demarre jersey too. Love this team!

jmizzal

a lot of people overrating the Heat in this thread

Winning in the NBA is all about talent, Heat has a lot a lot of talent and a lot of them have won a lot.

Which is why I never thought for one sec the Cavs would beat the Warriors, even when they were down 2-1, teams with the best players usually always win out in 7 games, and the Warriors had wayyyyy more talent then the Cavs in the finals

Winning in the NBA is all about talent, Heat has a lot a lot of talent and a lot of them have won a lot.

Which is why I never thought for one sec the Cavs would beat the Warriors, even when they were down 2-1, teams with the best players usually always win out in 7 games, and the Warriors had wayyyyy more talent then the Cavs in the finals

Well, talent, yes, but moreso defensive talent and lack of injuries. Two things the heat are not terribly good at.

defense is of course rated many different ways depending on the author, but I think the consensus strong defensive teams were golden state obviously number one, and in that discussion Memphis, Clippers because of Jordan, Houston, San Antonio, and certainly Milwaukee.

The heat are better, particularly since Bosh is returning.

But so much of the east is better too, with the bucks and raptors directly addressing current deficiencies. NY getting Anthony back, along with the addition of Lopez and Afflalo should help them squeeze out at least an additional 10 wins this year (probably at the expense of a team like Miami that will be dealing with injuries no doubt.).

Bulls gonna compete, cavs will be even stronger, Orlando is a year older and wiser, Boston has the best coaching after Pop and added a wise veteran presence.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Well, talent, yes, but moreso defensive talent and lack of injuries. Two things the heat are not terribly good at.

defense is of course rated many different ways depending on the author, but I think the consensus strong defensive teams were golden state obviously number one, and in that discussion Memphis, Clippers because of Jordan, Houston, San Antonio, and certainly Milwaukee.

The heat are better, particularly since Bosh is returning.

But so much of the east is better too, with the bucks and raptors directly addressing current deficiencies. NY getting Anthony back, along with the addition of Lopez and Afflalo should help them squeeze out at least an additional 10 wins this year (probably at the expense of a team like Miami that will be dealing with injuries no doubt.).

Bulls gonna compete, cavs will be even stronger, Orlando is a year older and wiser, Boston has the best coaching after Pop and added a wise veteran presence.
But we did address our deficiencies. We drafted Winslow who can immediately contribute defensively. Getting Bosh back means we get one of the league's best pick n roll defenders back. We're going to have Whiteside through an entire training camp and as the centerpiece of the defense instead of finding him through the season and easing him in a trapping defense built with Bosh as center. Gerald Green is a good three point shooter who's going to be asked to do nothing but make wide open looks from Dragic and Wade kick outs and McBob elbow passes. As well as cutting to the basket and running in transition for dunks. Amar'e is only going to be asked to play 15-20 minutes and bring bench scoring, which is what he did last season. As the 4th big man in this rotation.

The Heat were never a real team last season. They were a bunch of parts picked up and lost along the way. The foundation was a mediocre team rallying on the wound-born delusion of proceeding with a team built for LeBron even after he left. That foundation was completely rebuilt on the fly as the season went along. Bosh and Dragic never even played together. This time the roster fits very well basketball-wise, the talent is far superior and deeper than last season, and the team will be together an entire offseason with a concrete plan of attack. We're not making stupid gambles like hoping Danny Granger can comeback from the dead and become a rotation player again. Last season from week one of free agency until the end of the season we were backpedalling; since losing LeBron, it was one major adjustment to roster change after another.

jbug617

Banned
Joel Embiid going to need another surgery. Out for the next season.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/Embiid-likely-to-miss-season-after-2d-surgery.html
The 7-footer will have a second surgery after the latest setback in the healing of his right foot, according to several NBA sources. The team will decide whether to have it in North Carolina or at the New York Hospital of Special Surgery

“I would say there’s a great possibility that Embiid won’t play next year,” the source said. “Just think how long they sat him when they thought he was healthy.”

The Sixers are planning as if Embiid won’t play this season, sources say. Another source said the franchise is concerned that this setback could be career-threatening.

Lakers officially sign Robert Upshaw to a 2 year deal. Really hope he keeps his head on straight but I have my doubts. He's got talent if he can though. He will probably be in and out of the D-league all season with Hibbert and Tarak Black on the depth chart but I imagine this means they ship Sacre out for a bag of peanuts, or just release him.

The Embiid thing though, man. If Simmons ever updated his book I do wonder if the Embiid thing would make his "top what if's?" section. If Embiid had been completely healthy do the Cavs take him first overall instead of Wiggins? Do they then ship him out for Love or does Lebron keep him in Cleveland? Do the Bucks then draft Wiggins and team him with Giannis to wreak havoc on opposing wing players defensively?

Lakers officially sign Robert Upshaw to a 2 year deal. Really hope he keeps his head on straight but I have my doubts. He's got talent if he can though. He will probably be in and out of the D-league all season with Hibbert and Tarak Black on the depth chart but I imagine this means they ship Sacre out for a bag of peanuts, or just release him.

The Embiid thing though, man. If Simmons ever updated his book I do wonder if the Embiid thing would make his "top what if's?" section. If Embiid had been completely healthy do the Cavs take him first overall instead of Wiggins? Do they then ship him out for Love or does Lebron keep him in Cleveland? Do the Bucks then draft Wiggins and team him with Giannis to wreak havoc on opposing wing players defensively?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-changing-the-nba-without-ever-playing-a-game

Jarate

Banned
Embiid News is

ikRZtpz.jpg

So the Sixers long term plan is already falling apart?

We still have Okafor and Nerlens, if we had no other big prospects, im sure it would hurt a lot more then it does right now

It'd start falling a part if we decided to trade all of our draft picks, Embiid was by far the best prospect of the group, but we now have 2 good prospects in Okafor and Noel, Saric who will play next year, and like a billion first round picks next year.

I'd like to hear what the setback really is though before knowing if it's career threatening or not

really sad day today though, and now the Sixers have Bynum's exploding knees and Embiid's exploding foot to deal with

Jarate

Banned
Clarkson looking good

Russel seems to have a hard time getting seperation and the Sixers have no one to play offense other then Okafor

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Russell looks like he's gonna struggle a lot against these athletic PG's in the NBA. Poor first step

Purexed

Banned
Russell looks slow as hell out there, seems like the slowest guard/forward on the court. Defenders will pretty much crowd him, and he doesn't have the athleticism make guys pay, it appears.

Bowser

Chandler agrees to 4-year, $46m extension with Nuggets:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago
Denver's Wilson Chandler agreed to a four-year, $46M extension, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

In other news:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 9m9 minutes ago
Undrafted Kentucky guard Aaron Harrison has agreed to a two-year deal with Charlotte, league source tells Yahoo. He has impressed so far.

Harrison deal includes a partial guarantee this season, and a team option next year. He has made strong impression on coach Steve Clifford.

Synergy Sports Tech ‏@SynergySST
Aaron Harrison shot a terrific 75% finishing at the rim in the SL + showed promise in the pick&roll, which was not a part of his role at UK.

Hopefully he sticks and shows something

Fjordson

Chandler agrees to 4-year, $46m extension with Nuggets:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago
Denver's Wilson Chandler agreed to a four-year, $46M extension, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

In other news:

Undrafted Kentucky guard Aaron Harrison has agreed to a two-year deal with Charlotte, league source tells Yahoo. He has impressed so far.

Harrison deal includes a partial guarantee this season, and a team option next year. He has made strong impression on coach Steve Clifford.

Synergy Sports Tech ‏@SynergySST
Aaron Harrison shot a terrific 75% finishing at the rim in the SL + showed promise in the pick&roll, which was not a part of his role at UK.

Hopefully he sticks and shows something
Wow, sweet news! Hope he keeps up the strong play.

Top Bottom