• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Yeah, wtf...vets minimum on a one year deal isn't exactly breaking the bank here. Not a bad pickup for a scoring punch off the bench, especially given how weak the rotation is at center behind Lopez, a player who you can count on to miss a chunk of time during the season.

This is an undeserved image of him. Out of his 7 seasons, he's only missed > 10 games 2 years. First 3 seasons, he missed exactly 0 games. He may well turn out like Ilgauskas and go on to have a relatively injury free career from this point out.

I asked this before earlier in the thread, but that guy is an enigma to me. He goes on stretches flashing the abilities that made him a max player, but is just unable to sustain it for any significant period. It makes sense to blame it on injuries and age, but it's clear he can still perform...it seems more an issue with motivation.

I think the pressure got to him. The pressure of the max contract combined with the inability to perform up to those levels of expectation due to age/injury/loss of athleticism; he doesn't seem like a guy that would dog it, so I think he really wanted to perform up to his max contract, but felt frustrated by his inability to do so and by the coaching and management decisions on team personnel.

In the long run, Nets are better off without him.

Cap space never won any games, but it gives the team much more flexibility in terms of making trades if not signing free agents next summer.

Bowser

Nuggets signed Jameer Nelson to a 3 year, $13.5m deal.

Can't see any way Lawson is on Denver's opening night roster at this point...

This is an undeserved image of him. Out of his 7 seasons, he's only missed > 10 games 2 years. First 3 seasons, he missed exactly 0 games. He may well turn out like Ilgauskas and go on to have a relatively injury free career from this point out.
That'd be amazing if it were to happen, but it's hard not to be pessimistic when it comes to recurring foot injuries for bigs. I like Brook a lot and I'm glad the Nets decided to lock him up. Still, it's a fairly large risk and I also don't blame em for trying to trade him last season.

CJz6FRpXAAADpMY.jpg

Mitch can't afford first class.

Cuban making some desperate moves to not look the complete fool this offseason. He should just put his money where his mouth is and start the tank, free Dirk

Gigglepoo

Huge cap increase or not, paying Kanter like that isn't good for their books. They are way over luxury tax now.. they better hope Kanter keeps improving.

That's why they hired Billy Donovan. Kanter has talent, now we'll see how good Donovan it as developing it. There's no reason he can't be a league-average defender.

it's old school. what's the problem here?

speaking of, someone tell me the CAVS are getting new jerseys. If I have to see them mustard yellow shits again, I'm gonna fucking scream.

I dunno, I don't see it as being ugly. I dig the graphic design and how they incorporate more than just the font. The Dubs team do it as well with their new jerseys.

"Celts/Denver discussed Gallinari deal, but nothing doing as of now. Some conflicting talk from sources, but may want to keep an eye on this." - @SteveBHoop

I'd be ok with this depending on what we send back.

Bowser

Huge cap increase or not, paying Kanter like that isn't good for their books. They are way over luxury tax now.. they better hope Kanter keeps improving.

They're only going to be over the tax for this season. When the cap jumps 30% next season they will be under the tax even when you factor in a max deal for Durant. No brainer to show Durant that they're committed to keeping talent.

Bread

Banned
"Celts/Denver discussed Gallinari deal, but nothing doing as of now. Some conflicting talk from sources, but may want to keep an eye on this." - @SteveBHoop

Bradley/Sully/Pressey for Lawson/Gallinari

do it daniel

Tom Penny

The fat guy who claims weight doesn't matter and it's about conditioning although he's better than the than the thug pulling arms out of sockets.

Gigglepoo

Personally love the rainbow jerseys for Denver.

Those are probably my favorite retro NBA jerseys. Well, those and the Pacers with the pinstripes from a decade ago. It's just weird to call those "retro". Retired? Banished? Either way, the Pacers should bring those back!

dream

The beat writer for the Fort Worth newspaper should not spread nonsense like this if there aren't cited sources. This is bad form and classless, in my opinion.

To be fair, it seems like that really is part of the story. Ramona has an absolutely fantastic piece of sportswriting up on espn.com, where she discusses how everything went down. Her piece confirms that DJ was in contact with all four of Les Enfants Rivers. She also reveals that Blake was never in Hawaii. He never left Houston after flying in to have dinner with DJ on Tuesday. He never even left DJ's house.

Fjordson

Porzingis looks kinda good. And Summer league is usually an accurate sign of things to come so...Knicks might challenge Cleveland this year.

but seriously Porzingis looks promising

Two and a half summer league games that mean absolutely nothing, but I'm pretty unimpressed with Russell

He doesn't have overpowering athleticism so he's gonna need to learn to adjust his game and pick his spots. But everything we heard going into the combines from multiple teams that scouted him was that he had high BBIQ so it's time to put that to the test.

jbug617

Banned
Celtics and Nuggets had talked about a trade involving Gallinari.

The Celtics recently spoke with Denver about a trade for Danilo Gallinari, but those discussions did not get anywhere.

However, multiple sources told the Herald that talks could be revived and that the situation bears watching. On the other hand, there were conflicting comments about the Nuggets' willingness to make Gallinari available. Some said Denver will likely keep the 6-10 shooter, while others insist the club is willing to part with him for the proper price.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._trade_talks_with_denver_for_danilo_gallinari

Tom Penny

He doesn't have overpowering athleticism so he's gonna need to learn to adjust his game and pick his spots. But everything we heard going into the combines from multiple teams that scouted him was that he had high BBIQ so it's time to put that to the test.

At least the Lakers didn't blow it packaging Randle for Cousins.

jbug617

Banned
Possible reason for why DeAndre went back. I hope it's not real.

A source said he believes Doc Rivers' daughter, Callie, got to DeAndre Jordan and convinced him 2 change his mind and return 2 the Clippers.
— Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) July 13, 2015

All systems were go with the #Mavs as late as last Monday night in regards to DeAndre coming to Dallas. Then all you know what broke loose.

When you have an impressionable mind and are easily influenced, yeah, folks you to baby-sit you. It is what it is. #DeAndre

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Top Bottom