• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

CJ0qu7UUAAQliUG.jpg

Dream Team.

Bellinelli be like..

AUTEf.gif

Kevtones

Man, Indiana signed the 43rd pick, my man Joe Young, to a 4-year deal.

22.5 to lead in PPG in Orlando did it. Guy will flat out ball this year.

Hope Kings make a lot of people eat crow this year. Their line-up is balanced and pretty deep:

C Koufos/Cauley-Stein
PF Cousins/Moreland
SF Gay/Casspi/Mbah a Moute
SG Bellinelli/McLemore/Butler/Anderson
PG Rondo/Collison

They need to sign a vet/3rd PG and another vet big though..

Heel

Is that pringles? I can't tell.

Vivek/Boogie

Hope Kings make a lot of people eat crow this year. Their line-up is balanced and pretty deep:

C Koufos/Cauley-Stein
PF Cousins/Moreland
PG Rondo/Collison

dream and I have agreed that an 8 seed is on the horizon.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I love reading laker forums after a loss.

After 3 summer league games Russell/Randle are officially busts, and D-league superstar Jabari Brown is our new lord and savior.

I can't even hold all these "lol's".

Jarate

Banned

C Koufos/Cauley-Stein
PF Cousins/Moreland
PG Rondo/Collison

The issue is is thay Cousins, Rondo, Gay, and Mclemore are all ball dominat players that dont really play well without the ball in their hands. (Other then Cousins)

If they can gel as a unit they might be able to get an 8th seed, but I think a lot of people look at how disfunctional that organization is right now, and the fact they havent won over 30 games in the past like 8 seasons.

That and the only defenders on that team is Mbah a Moute and WCS so theyre defense should be shit

The west is a gauntlet of incredible teams too which hurts them further. If they were in the East, theyd be a 4-6 seed easy, but the west has hardly any openings for the playoffs barring any injuries

Basically if they can Gel, they can be an 8th seed, if they cant gel though that team could be a disaster waiting too happen, and easily be a top 7 lottery team again

If Rondo can find form and Boogie and stop pouting I think Sac's got a pretty interesting roster. Nice balance to it.

Agreed, this could be a nice pairing like the intimidating C-Webber and Rod Strickland (the assist machine) back in the day on the Wizards (were they called that back then?).

Oh and Juwon Howard back then today, like Rudy Gay today...the glue of that squad.

Bowser

C Koufos/Cauley-Stein
PF Cousins/Moreland
PG Rondo/Collison

Playoff locks in the West (barring injury, of course):

Warriors
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Rockets
Grizzlies

Reasonable expectation of playoffs: Pelicans, Jazz

Fringe contenders: Mavs, Suns, Kings

Would Toronto have any reason to want to trade Lowry? srs quest

Nobody is untradeable unless it's Bron or KD.

That said, PGs don't get much better than Lowry, at his salary, in his prime years now too. Not so much this past seasons playoffs, but the year before, vs the Nets, he was incredible, showed serious toughness and heart.

Remember Raptors won 49 games with demar missing like 18 games and Lowry playing hurt after Feb. Hopefully the additions at PG and Ross playing more minutes (as a defender especially) with Lou gone will really help things.

In Demarre we hope for great things too. Including leadership through adversity.

I love reading laker forums after a loss.

After 3 summer league games Russell/Randle are officially busts, and D-league superstar Jabari Brown is our new lord and savior.

I can't even hold all these "lol's".

It's so early that it's nowhere even close to justifying, but Russell does not look good at all.

Ronin Ray

Nobody is untradeable unless it's Bron or KD.

That said, PGs don't get much better than Lowry, at his salary, in his prime years now too. Not so much this past seasons playoffs, but the year before, vs the Nets, he was incredible, showed serious toughness and heart.

Remember Raptors won 49 games with demar missing like 18 games and Lowry playing hurt after Feb. Hopefully the additions at PG and Ross playing more minutes (as a defender especially) with Lou gone will really help things.

In Demarre we hope for great things too. Including leadership through adversity.

Anthony Davis is on the not trade able list. More so then KD and arguably LeBron

led4lyfe

If in any event the thunder run into injury issues next year and are far out of the 8th seed in the west, do they entertain KD offers??

Jarate

Banned
To be fair, D'angelo Russell is kind of a poor man's Damian Liliard.

Im still excited to see Russel develop. His shot form reminds me of Korver and Curry where the ball just is gone in a flick of the wrist, but it's pretty apparent that's he's not fast enough to get to the hoop or get seperation on NBA guards. So thus, the thing he should work on is his ball handling skills. Curry isnt an elite athlete, but he's an elite ball handler and can gain separation with that skill. If he cant ever develop proper ball handling skills, he needs to be moved to SG which will severely hamper his abilities to pass the ball which is one of his strengths. He's still got some time, but his play has been absolutely atrocious in the SL

Ronin Ray

If in any event the thunder run into injury issues next year and are far out of the 8th seed in the west, do they entertain KD offers??

There are going to convince themselves he's not leaving no matter what. Unless he tells them he's leaving there 100% going to operate as if he's staying.

"The Nets announced that new signee Thomas Robinson tore the meniscus in his right knee today and will undergo arthroscopic surgery tomorrow." - @AndrewKeh

As much as I hate the Nets that still sucks.

Cheddahz

Banned
Thomas Robinson really can't catch a break

It's a shame that he's never stuck with a team, cause I'm sure if he did, he would had developed faster

"Celtics will be acquiring Perry Jones, a second round pick and cash from Oklahoma City. Not really giving up anything. Tax deal for OKC." - @SteveBHoop

Not bad.

Enes Kanter is going to make more money than YNB next season /dead

Even with the salary cap thing it's bizarre that he's going to be making just as much as KD lol

jbug617

Banned
"Celtics will be acquiring Perry Jones, a second round pick and cash from Oklahoma City. Not really giving up anything. Tax deal for OKC." - @SteveBHoop

Not bad.

They wanted a 1st for him but couldn't get it.

@ChrisMannixSI Thunder had shopped Perry Jones for a first round pick, per rival execs. Ultimately, they did the only thing they could: They dumped him.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
"The Nets announced that new signee Thomas Robinson tore the meniscus in his right knee today and will undergo arthroscopic surgery tomorrow." - @AndrewKeh

How can someone hate the Nets?!

And yeah, this news sucks. I always feel bad for young players who experience these types of injuries.

spyder_ur

I mean it's not a big deal but Perry Jones doesn't excite me in the slightest, a fantastic athlete without a single consistent NBA-level skill. If it means less chance of minutes for Mickey I don't like that.

Maybe he'll win me over.

lol is Cubes really going to screw up signing deron smh, he cleared waivers yesterday. the signing should be done already

edit: nvm, gotta wait 48 hours to sign someone off from waivers

Ugh, that sucks. T-Rob's been dealt enough bad cards in his life as it is.

I mean it's not a big deal but Perry Jones doesn't excite me in the slightest, a fantastic athlete without a single consistent NBA-level skill. If it means less chance of minutes for Mickey I don't like that.

Maybe he'll win me over.

He did have that impressive two week or so stretch last season when both KD and Westbrook were out. Good gamble by Ainge, given the price.

Simmons is (maybe) on board: https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/621048303266828288

Top Bottom