• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

spyder_ur

He did have that impressive two week or so stretch last season when both KD and Westbrook were out. Good gamble by Ainge, given the price.

Simmons is (maybe) on board: https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/621048303266828288

Simmons is a joke as a talent evaluator, though he's generally pretty good at the team building/contracts piece.

I don't have any problem with the move because as you said it doesn't cost them anything. I'm just not terribly fond of the player and I hope he doesn't cost Mickey minutes. There were minutes to be had in OKC and he couldn't perform consistently. But he's only 23.

Celts looking good again. Smart has fairly clearly been the best summer league performer these last two weeks, and the rookies are all settling in very nicely. Hunter might not be as weak defensively as I was worried.

I guess
dwill.png
is official now, Cuban just announced the signing with what else......... cyber dust

Kind of feel weird that I said D Will was gonna end up with the mavs not to long ago :/

Honestly didn't expect it would happen this year tho

otapnam

I guess
dwill.png
is official now, Cuban just announced the signing with what else......... cyber dust

Kind of feel weird that I said D Will was gonna end up with the mavs not to long ago :/

Honestly didn't expect it would happen this year tho

Dwill jj barea felton harris...

What a weird combo of pgs

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So I heard KAT had eleventeen fouls tonight. I know it takes longer for big guys to adapt, but thats a lot of fouls.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Wesley Mathews and deron were good on the Jazz about a half decade ago... That team fully healthy could have been ok....

Deron
Matthews
Dirk
Deandre
Parsons?

Playoffs for sure.

Kevtones

I'm all aboard the Noah Vonleh hype train. This kid is legit..and 19! 0_o

SUMMER LEAGUE

But yeah, he's looked legit as hell so far. Frazier, Pat, and Crabbe too. This team is lottery bound but they're going to be fun. Well, more fun than the Lakers.

Anthony Davis is on the not trade able list. More so then KD and arguably LeBron

If Shaq can be traded then almost anyone can be :) I stand by my statement cuz with KD and LBJ there's more marketing $ at stake and value in the team with those guys on the roster.

AD? Just as talented. Hes alot like Tim Duncan - generational talent, but low on the brand recognition. And he therefore doesn't add hundreds of millions of $ to franchise value like LBJ and KD do.

If the cavs fail to win the championship for thee next 3 years,4 years, 5 years even, still zero chance they move LBJ. Same with KD. (You could say OKC is already in that situation). Too valuable in ball and business. AD is missing the latter. (Until he gets deep into the playoffs, which would be awesome).

Wesley Mathews and deron were good on the Jazz about a half decade ago... That team fully healthy could have been ok....

Deron
Matthews
Dirk
Deandre
Parsons?

Playoffs for sure.

We wouldn't have had the cap space to sign Deron if Deandre had decided to come without making some moves to clear space.

Now if Cuban had decided to help out the Clippers with a S&T to get Hibbert to them and move Felton in the process than it would be a different story.

But no, Cubes had to be a spiteful bitch when Deandre initially said yes and told the Clippers to go F themselves when they asked for help to get Hibbert :/

And we all know how that went..... :/

I honestly don't think the Clippers would have gone after Jordan if Cubes had accommodated them in getting Hibbert either. I really think they would have been fine with Hibbert after the hack a jordan crap in the semis considering Hibbert is a 75% career FT shooter.

Ronin Ray

If Shaq can be traded then almost anyone can be :) I stand by my statement cuz with KD and LBJ there's more marketing $ at stake and value in the team with those guys on the roster.

AD? Just as talented. Hes alot like Tim Duncan - generational talent, but low on the brand recognition. And he therefore doesn't add hundreds of millions of $ to franchise value like LBJ and KD do.

If the cavs fail to win the championship for thee next 3 years,4 years, 5 years even, still zero chance they move LBJ. Same with KD. (You could say OKC is already in that situation). Too valuable in ball and business. AD is missing the latter. (Until he gets deep into the playoffs, which would be awesome).

Are you comparing Davis in his prime top 3 player in the league to Shaq near the tail end of his career, lots of issues with Kobe getting traded to Miami ? Then you mention Tim Duncan like he was ever trad-able? No offence but this post is full of craziness.

Wtf, dude play just exactly like Harden and useless without dominating the ball.. yeah exactly what the Rox lacking right.

Maybe so Harden can rest more during games?

Edit: Paul George should come to Houston then.

It's not like these dudes can't play the 4 if they have to. Harden does it all of the time.

Someone's gotta be coming here...someone

Larry Bird’s not walking through that door
(he works for the Pacers)
. Kevin McHale is not walking through that door
(he's already there)
, and Robert Parish is not walking through that door
(okay, he could be coming, I have no idea what he's doing)

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
He somehow looks worse in summer league than he did in real NBA games. I'm for keeping Josh Richardson on the roster instead of stashing him like we did Ennis and not cutting TJ. Napier needs to raise his trade value.

charsace

People are turning on Russell too quick. He wasn't killing teams in college because of athletic ability, he was killing them due to craftiness. The game is faster now, even in summer league. It takes a little time for crafty players to adjust. He might not be an above the rim athlete like Herzonja, but the true test of his abilities will be when he gets comfortable with the speed of the game. Curry early on played a lot more off the ball than he does now.

What does worry me with Russell is the passing. I know the game is faster for him, but the passing has looked ugly.

Most of what Russell has shown in Vegas is concerning, he just looks poor. Turnovers, poor shooting (1-13 from 3 point range), lack of athleticism, out of control drives to the basket, etc. The Lakers got too cute when they passed over Okafor

Most of what Russell has shown in Vegas is concerning, he just looks poor. Turnovers, poor shooting (1-13 from 3 point range), lack of athleticism, out of control drives to the basket, etc. The Lakers got too cute when they passed over Okafor

As much as I'd love for Russell to be a bust it's far too early to say the Lakers made the wrong choice.

Way too early to judge a guy in any way, and way too small of a sample size. These guys just joined their respective organizations less than a month ago. Summer League is fun but I wouldn't gauge anything meaningful from it. I mean, quick off the top of your head can you remember if your favorite players tore it up or stunk it up during their respective summer leagues?

fertygo

Way too early to judge a guy in any way, and way too small of a sample size. These guys just joined their respective organizations less than a month ago. Summer League is fun but I wouldn't gauge anything meaningful from it. I mean, quick off the top of your head can you remember if your favorite players tore it up or stunk it up during their respective summer leagues?

Yeah its Summer League, but the worst thing that can concern you is when player look really out of place with bigger and stronger competition, which Russell showing. He looks outmatched

I mean KAT and Okafor also doesn't shake the world, but you looks to these guy.. they belong in the NBA, they have the body and already stand on their own foot.

I agree tho its too early to judge, but that's mean Russell need to humble a bit and put a lot more workload before season started.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Jesus, the Lakers absolutely collapsed after Anderson stuffed Tarik. Lakers had really good momentum up until that moment too...

Russell has had some decision making problems to say the fucking least thus far. All of these mistakes are things you learn and grow from though. The most surprising thing from his game thus far is his ability to play serviceable defense.

Speaking of defense, Julius Randle seems to have no interest in playing it. I mean God damn, dude puts in no effort on that end of the floor... None. His potential on offense looks really promising though.

All in all I see plenty of potential here.

"The #Sacramento #Kings say forward Luc Mbah a Moute failed his physical, so his contract is voided." - @InsideHoops

He probably injured himself to get out of playing for the Kings.

I can't fucking believe that Josh Smith is going to the fucking Clippers.

WAIT. What if this means we're trading for Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried?!?!
I know...I know.. :(

Top Bottom