• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
So what the hell does a GM like Dave Wohl of the Clippers do? Is he just like Big Head in Silicon Valley?
Probably helps in scouting, has input over who to draft but Doc has final say. Since Doc is busy coaching in the playoffs every year, he's probably the one traveling to scout talent in college and overseas.

Probably helps in scouting, has input over who to draft but Doc has final say. Since Doc is busy coaching in the playoffs every year, he's probably the one traveling to scout talent in college and overseas.

Having the title of GM yet being a glorified scout sounds kind of shitty. I wonder how much he's paid.

final DraftExpress mock has the Lakers taking Okafor with the 2nd pick and Justin Anderson with pick 27. Anderson seems like Shannon Brown redux. Seems like a good athlete with a defensive focus but a zero on offense. Can't dribble or create his own shot at all, but if he can improve his shooting I guess he can have some value. Not a huge fan. One guy I really am liking is Larry Nance Jr. 6'9 explosive athlete. Can D up and rebound and his shooting has been steadily improving over the course of his college career. DX has him going in the 50s in the 2nd round so if Mitch can grab him with our 2nd rounder I'd be a happy camper.

Fjordson

I think Justin Anderson is a decent pick. Not great, but not bad. He improved a lot on offense last year (especially from 3).

Bowser

final DraftExpress mock has the Lakers taking Okafor with the 2nd pick and Justin Anderson with pick 27. Anderson seems like Shannon Brown redux. Seems like a good athlete with a defensive focus but a zero on offense. Can't dribble or create his own shot at all, but if he can improve his shooting I guess he can have some value. Not a huge fan. One guy I really am liking is Larry Nance Jr. 6'9 explosive athlete. Can D up and rebound and his shooting has been steadily improving over the course of his college career. DX has him going in the 50s in the 2nd round so if Mitch can grab him with our 2nd rounder I'd be a happy camper.

Hornets doubling up on UK with Booker and Dakari Johnson.

I get the Booker pick (although ultimately I don't think the Hornets take him - think it's likely we trade back with someone like Boston and try to get an asset and pick up Oubre or Hunter instead).

Dakari would be a wasted pick. We've got a glut of 4/5 players already: Big Al, Zeller, Hawes, Vonleh, Biz, etc. Unless the Hornets decide they're not going to tender Biz his QO and plan to move on from Big Al after next season. Then it makes sense to roll with Vonleh/Zeller as the starting frontcourt with Dakari and Hawes as backups.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 17s18 seconds ago
ESPN sources say Cavs forward Kevin Love has opted out of the final year of his contract and will be a free agent July 1

So I decided to post this here as a sample. What do you guys think?

2015_NBA_Draft_logo.jpg

The 2015 NBA draft will be held on June 25, 2015 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. It will be televised nationally by ESPN.

IF THE PICK ISN'T OFFICIAL, PLEASE PUT IT IN SPOILERS!

QHNCZdn.png

l2aGu7K.png

From Gully State off-season thread.

Draft Prospect Sites
DraftExpress- Informative site. The guys that run the site actually go to check out these prospects at various different functions/tourneys

NBADraft.net- Not as good as the previous one but they've steadily improved since inception. They have a power meter for each player that looks like something pulled out of the back of a Marvel trading card from the 90's. Also their player comparisons often times are a bit amusing. Either way an entertaining read.[/QUOTE]

2015 NBA Draft Board - Round 1 List form

1) 1 Minnesota Timberwolves
1) 2 Los Angeles Lakers
1) 3 Philadelphia 76ers
1) 4 New York Knicks
1) 5 Orlando Magic
1) 6 Sacramento Kings
1) 7 Denver Nuggets
1) 8 Detroit Pistons
1) 9 Charlotte Hornets
1) 10 Miami Heat
1) 11 Indiana Pacers
1) 12 Utah Jazz
1) 13 Phoenix Suns
1) 14 Oklahoma City Thunder
1) 15 Atlanta Hawks (from Brooklyn)
1) 16 Boston Celtics
1) 17 Milwaukee Bucks
1) 18 Houston Rockets (from New Orleans)
1) 19 Washington Wizards
1) 20 Toronto Raptors
1) 21 Dallas Mavericks
1) 22 Chicago Bulls
1) 23 Portland Trail Blazers
1) 24 Cleveland Cavaliers
1) 25 Memphis Grizzlies
1) 26 San Antonio Spurs
1) 27 Los Angeles Lakers (from Houston)
1) 28 Boston Celtics (from L.A. Clippers)
1) 29 Brooklyn Nets (from Atlanta)
1) 30 Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Draft Board - Round 2 List form

2) 31 Minnesota Timberwolves
2) 32 Houston Rockets (from New York)
2) 33 Boston Celtics (from Philadelphia via Miami)
2) 34 Los Angeles Lakers
2) 35 Philadelphia 76ers (from Orlando)
2) 36 Minnesota Timberwolves (from Sacramento via Houston)
2) 37 Philadelphia 76ers (from Denver via Houston, Portland and Minnesota)
2) 38 Detroit Pistons
2) 39 Charlotte Hornets
2) 40 Miami Heat
2) 41 Brooklyn Nets
2) 42 Utah Jazz
2) 43 Indiana Pacers
2) 44 Phoenix Suns
2) 45 Boston Celtics
2) 46 Milwaukee Bucks
2) 47 Philadelphia 76ers (from New Orleans via Washington and L.A. Clippers)
2) 48 Oklahoma City Thunder
2) 49 Washington Wizards
2) 50 Atlanta Hawks (from Toronto)
2) 51 Orlando Magic (from Chicago)
2) 52 Dallas Mavericks
2) 53 Cleveland Cavaliers (from Portland via Chicago and Denver)
2) 54 Utah Jazz (from Cleveland)
2) 55 San Antonio Spurs
2) 56 New Orleans Pelicans (from Memphis)
2) 57 Denver Nuggets (from L.A. Clippers)
2) 58 Philadelphia 76ers (from Houston)
2) 59 Atlanta Hawks
2) 60 Philadelphia 76ers (from Golden State via Indiana)

NBA TRADE RUMORS ON DRAFT NIGHT

DeMarcus Cousins Sweepstakes

QB54fhs.png

Raptors shopping stars? Kotoch also reports that Toronto GM Masai Ujiri is "actively exploring" trades for All-Star point guard Kyle Lowry, former All-Star shooting guard DeMar DeRozan, and developing young center Jonas Valanciunas. Ujiri reportedly believes his team has peaked and is willing to "blow up" the roster.

derozan_demar640.jpg

Kings coach George Karl is interested in a reunion with Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson, SI.com's Chris Mannix reports.
Ty-Lawson-Doesnt-Want-Lil-B-Curse.jpg

Bowser

Yeah that looks great.

Shit I had no idea the Raptors were ready to blow it all up.

That roster isn't going anywhere really. Don't see it coalescing like the Hawks roster did either - they don't have versatile guys like Horford, Carroll, or Millsap.

Bowser

Mavs targeting Danny Green per RealGM; also says Ellis will speak with Hawks and Heat about a deal:

As Monta Ellis pursues a new deal on the east coast, the Dallas Mavericks are targeting San Antonio Spurs free agent Danny Green, league sources told RealGM.

Ellis plans to discuss a long-term contract with the Atlanta Hawks and Miami Heat in free agency after opting out of the final year of his contract on Wednesday, sources told RealGM. He had an option worth $8.72 million.

As the prime template of a three-and-defense player in today's NBA, Green could command around $10 to $12 million as an unrestricted free agent, a former second-round NBA draft selection who will land his first major contract.

Green holds the NBA Finals record for three-pointers set in 2013. Green has a strong desire to return to the Spurs, sources said, but free agency could hold more lucrative deals elsewhere.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...een-As-Monta-Ellis-Pursues-Deal-On-East-Coast

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 21s21 seconds ago
Sources: If Kevin Love goes forward with visits in July, expect Boston to sell him on pursuing group of Love, Robin Lopez and...Paul Pierce.

@WojYahooNBA

Sources: If Kevin Love goes forward with visits in July, expect Boston to sell him on pursuing group of Love, Robin Lopez and...Paul Pierce.

I can get down with that.

Huh, Monte Ellis is considering Miami? I guess I could get down with that, the Heat do need help scoring. Worst case it could be a back up plan if we don't sign Dragic.

Pierce the God back in Boston would be funny.

I almost feel like that works against our chances of getting Love though. It seems like the best way to get Love out of Cleveland is by convincing him that he should be the man and not LeBron's sidekick, I wonder how he'd feel about playing next to Pierce.

Bowser

David West opting out:

Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 4m4 minutes ago
Just in: Heard from my source that David West will not exercise his player option and will become a free agent. Story coming soon.

Can Love and others still take advantage of the TV Deal perks next year if they sign up multiple years this year? Trying to understand how this benefits him to look for a new Co tract this year.

Bowser

Chris Haynes ‏@ChrisBHaynes 33m33 minutes ago
LeBron James won't be re-recruiting Kevin Love, I'm told. He believes Love understands he can be a part of something special. It's his call.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Huh, Monte Ellis is considering Miami? I guess I could get down with that, the Heat do need help scoring. Worst case it could be a back up plan if we don't sign Dragic.
I like his skillset, talent, and price but dude is a cancer in the locker room. Also, he's not a back up plan to Dragic, he's Wade back up plan...

Huh? He was deciding between Indy and Boston in FA and chose Indy.

If I remember correctly the only way it was going to work was via a S&T with the then Hornets but it fell through for one reason or another. Probably because the league still ran the team and they were getting enough shit for the Chris Paul veto.

Edit:

I googled it and apparently he did pick the Pacers but I could've sworn it was because of some messed up S&T.

spyder_ur

idiot should have joined the Cs instead of wasting his time with that fuckball

That one hurt. The deal was reported as being pretty much done if I remember correctly. They might have gotten to the Finals that year with West. Would've been a perfect fit.

Huh? He was deciding between Indy and Boston in FA and chose Indy.
Well, getting to the Eastern Conference Championship two years in a row doesn't suck.

Wonder where he goes now. I knew Larry should have traded him this past season when he was not happy with how the Pacers were doing.

spyder_ur

idiot should have joined the Cs instead of wasting his time with that fuckball

David West would still have 0 NBA Finals games played in his career anyway
lelbron.PNG

Nice edit.

LeBron was incredible in that game 6. Went to every Celts home game of that series. What he did to that crowd in the first half was absolutely incredible. I don't think I've ever seen a better performance live. I would have bet my life savings that after the Celts winning game 5 on the road they would've come back and won game 6 at home. I was very wrong.

But that series was a total tossup and the Celts easily could have won with West.

Bowser

JR opts out #asexpected:

Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 2m2 minutes ago
Cavs' J.R. Smith has opted out of $6 million-plus deal for 2015-16 to become a free agent, sources tell RealGM. Mutual interest in return.

Fjordson

6 million plus? So the Cavs are going to pay him even more...? Or is this for more money in the long run (lower salary, but a long term deal)?

6 million plus? So the Cavs are going to pay him even more...? Or is this for more money in the long run (lower salary, but a long term deal)?

The salary cap raise is going to do wonders for players like JR. Someone is going to overpay him now knowing that in a year that contract will be closer to reasonable.

Fjordson

Ah okay, forgot about the cap raise. Guess that makes sense, though I'm honestly not a big JR believer at this point. Yeah, he can get hot, but he's so inconsistent and sort of an idiot.

Bowser

Top Bottom