• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

jbug617

Banned

So the Lakers wanted to do #2 and future picks for Cousins?
Minimally, the Lakers have no intention of including Randle in a deal for Cousins, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Randle, a power forward, was the seventh overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft and missed most of his rookie season after leg surgery. The Lakers are reluctant to part with Clarkson too, sources said.

Bowser

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ouxqgs2

Kings also get the 9th pick from Charlotte in the above. Kings get a replacement C, offload bad salary, get $22m worth of expiring salaries, and a lottery pick.

Denver gets to swap out a disgruntled PG for a similar player with a better attitude on a reasonable long-term deal.

Charlotte immediately becomes the 2nd or 3rd best team in the East with a starting line up of Lawson/Batum/MKG/Zeller/Cousins

GET IT DONE TRADER CHO

sans_pants

avec_pénis
"The Nuggets have made injury plagued but offensively talented forward Danilo Gallinari available for trade, a source told Yahoo Sports." - @SpearsNBAYahoo

Things are lining up for the Kings to trade for the 2012-2013 Nuggets.

Always loved gallo

Bring him to cleveland

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
No. I do not want to give up Clarkson, #2, and Randle for Cousins. Fuck that shit.

Only way I pull the trigger on that is if they package the 6th pick with Cousins. If no, then fuck off.

Fistwell

Charlotte immediately becomes the 2nd or 3rd best team in the East with a starting line up of Lawson/Batum/MKG/Zeller/Cousins
hmmm....
CHARLOTTE... BATUM
WAT O_O

Oh Nic, what did they do to you... ;_;

Edit:
Neil Olshey said:
He will truly be missed as a person and a player. We wish Nic all the best for the future. (lol)
Says he with a smug sarcastic smile as he ships Nic's ass to hell-hole shit-show horn-cats. Oh well, last year on his contract, one year in purgatory then free at last I guess.

Bowser

hmmm....

WAT O_O

Oh Nic, what did they do to you... ;_;

Edit:

Says he with a smug sarcastic smile as he ships Nic's ass to hell-hole shit-show horn-cats. Oh well, last year on his contract, one year in purgatory then free at last I guess.

lol we didn't trade our lottery pick from last year so we can get one year of Batum. There's likely a handshake deal in place and we have his bird rights. Plus, he has familiarity with Cho as well.

Pimpwerx

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ouxqgs2

Kings also get the 9th pick from Charlotte in the above. Kings get a replacement C, offload bad salary, get $22m worth of expiring salaries, and a lottery pick.

Denver gets to swap out a disgruntled PG for a similar player with a better attitude on a reasonable long-term deal.

GET IT DONE TRADER CHO
A local radio host made a great point yesterday. Actually, I think it was Ethan Skolnick. Basically, Denver and Sactown would've been better off if they must never fired Malone or Karl. They could just swap coaches and players all in one go. This seems like a really sloppy way to essentially trade teams. It's no surprise both franchises suck. PEACE.

Fistwell

lol we didn't trade our lottery pick from last year so we can get one year of Batum. There's likely a handshake deal in place and we have his bird rights. Plus, he has familiarity with Cho as well.
Just hoping for him (and for Charlotte) that someone will be able to light a fire under his ass. He's a talented kid but he needs someone to get it out of him... forcefully... which may or may not require some level of (extreme) verbal abuse (if not outright physical violence). I call it the diaw-syndrome.

Jarate

Banned
Apparently #3 pick might be traded to the Celtics if Okafor falls

Celtics apparently offered a "monster deal" but they are also apparently the team that offered Smart and 2 first rounders for #3 and Noel which is quite possibly the funniest trade attempt ever

Why is LA leaving the blazers? I would think that Lillard+LA would be a solid core to build around.

Damian seems to get most of the attention from fans. This feels a lot like when Tmac left a rising raptors team to get away from vince Carter, to be a star elsewhere (Orlando), and get with a winning tradition.

Hey NBAGAF! Apologies in advance for the wall of text. I'm from the UK and I'm looking at getting into NBA this year. I'm already an NFL fan and I'll be able to watch NBA games now in the UK too so I figure why not give another popular US sport a try to see if I enjoy that just as much as enjoy the NFL.

First things first, I figure I need to pick a team. My NFL team is the Packers. I initially picked them because they're an exciting team to watch and I liked the fact they they're owned "by the fans" (the more I got to know the fanbase, the more I fell in love with the team). It would be an easy choice to make if Wisconsin had an NBA team as well but it looks like I'm going to have to expand to include another area of North America!

I do have some family in Toronto (UK expats, not Canadian natives) so I was considering the Raptors. I don't really care if the team is a guaranteed winner, but equally I don't want to watch a team lose all season. Most importantly though, I'd like a team with a solid, positive fanbase (i.e. not a bunch of dicks). Am I making a good choice with Toronto or should I look somewhere else?

First things first, I figure I need to pick a team. My NFL team is the Packers. I initially picked them because they're an exciting team to watch and I liked the fact they they're owned "by the fans" (the more I got to know the fanbase, the more I fell in love with the team). It would be an easy choice to make if Wisconsin had an NBA team as well but it looks like I'm going to have to expand to include another area of North America!

Milwaukee Bucks

Hey NBAGAF! Apologies in advance for the wall of text. I'm from the UK and I'm looking at getting into NBA this year. I'm already an NFL fan and I'll be able to watch NBA games now in the UK too so I figure why not give another popular US sport a try to see if I enjoy that just as much as enjoy the NFL.

I do have some family in Toronto (UK expats, not Canadian natives) so I was considering the Raptors. I don't really care if the team is a guaranteed winner, but equally I don't want to watch a team lose all season. Most importantly though, I'd like a team with a solid, positive fanbase (i.e. not a bunch of dicks). Am I making a good choice with Toronto or should I look somewhere else?

giphy.gif

I don't know what to say. I am a Raptors fan but the fanbase can turn on management and players so easily it is laughable. They demand success immediately. The GM is evaluating the team and fanbase are already pissed that the process has gone long enough. I can't predict the Raptors success next year because the team has peaked as presently constructed and the East will get better.

Beyond the obvious that's a pretty good young team to follow along without being a front runner.

He's from the UK, why would he even care about front runner BS?

Pick a team that won't break your heart and give you acid indigestion if you're jumping in. Pick a team that's fun to watch and helps you learn the game well. San Antonio for instance.

Just don't pick a fuck ball team.

He's from the UK, why would he even care about front runner BS?

Pick a team that won't break your heart and give you acid indigestion if you're jumping in. Pick a team that's fun to watch and helps you learn the game well. San Antonio for instance.

Just don't pick a fuck ball team.

Even if you don't care about front runner stuff I still think it's fun to follow a young teams journey to being good but to each his own.

Fjordson

The Bucks are a good choice. Also, welcome! I'm also originally from the UK (born and raised in London).

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
BTW, if that LaMarcus talk is legit.. he can go fuck himself from a Blazer fan perspective.. I get wanting to leave.. but saying he felt under-appreciated?

This was his city..sure he had to share the team with Lillard... but that's all his damn fault.. he was never a leader and he was offered a max extension and would be offered a max deal by the Blazers.

"NBA moving forward w/plan to seed conference playoff teams 1-8 regardless of division winner starting in 15-16, per high-ranking NBA exec." - @JeffZillgitt

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
"NBA moving forward w/plan to seed conference playoff teams 1-8 regardless of division winner starting in 15-16, per high-ranking NBA exec." - @JeffZillgitt

I get why they'd do it.. but this literally makes winning your division fucking meaningless... if you're going to do that.. then eliminate the divisions.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 36s36 seconds ago
Carmelo, according to source, called Tim Hardaway Jr. late Thursday to express his displeasure with Phil Jackson's draft night moves. Oh boy

lol

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 36s36 seconds ago
Carmelo, according to source, called Tim Hardaway Jr. late Thursday to express his displeasure with Phil Jackson's draft night moves. Oh boy

lol

Carmelo feels Phil needs to make moves that can help immediately. "He said, 'we have to wait three years for this guy?'" Knick source claims - @FisolaNYDN

I like where this is headed.

Kronotech

If Melo demanded a trade, Phoenix has the assets to get him, and the fans have been hungry for a star. Not sure if he would be the answer but his contract won't look so bad next year.

Gigglepoo

If you can get one young asset (under 22 with the potential to make all star teams) the Knicks should pull the trigger. Not only is his contract an albatross, but Melo is going to be petulant before long, if he's not already. Not worth the headache.

Gigglepoo

Melo would have to care about winning to make a stink about it.

Not really. If he's not happy in New York, he can make a stink without getting huge backlash. People already think Phil is doing a middling job, so he'll have more supporters than if he was a great president. Even if winning doesn't drive Melo like it does other players, it's still miserable being on a horrible team with no hope.

Top Bottom