• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

larry-david.gif

@WojYahooNBA

Sources: If Kevin Love goes forward with visits in July, expect Boston to sell him on pursuing group of Love, Robin Lopez and...Paul Pierce.

I can get down with that.

Oh man how can Love turn down the chance to play with Robin Lopez and the corpse of Paul Pierce.

WOJ bomb

"Portland is finalizing a trade to send Nic Batum to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and Gerald Henderson, league sources tell Yahoo."

WOJ bomb

"Portland is finalizing a trade to send Nic Batum to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and Gerald Henderson, league sources tell Yahoo."

Either Portland joining the tank in the West or they are moving him in order to sign Wesley Matthews who wants 15 million per and Alridge as well. Probably the tank.
Gerald Henderson era in Charlotte is over. Thoughts Bowser?'

Bowser

Either Portland joining the tank in the West or they are moving him in order to sign Wesley Matthews who wants 15 million per and Alridge as well. Probably the tank.

I would have rather included Cody in that deal. I think Vonleh has a higher ceiling and the potential to develop into the next Bosh. I don't think Cody can reach that level.

At least we're trying to make moves I guess.

edit: Lowe approval, sort of:

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 5m5 minutes ago
Hendo and Batum are both on expirings, POR clearly likes Vonleh...but a healthy Batum is really good. I'd be worried if I were POR fan.

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 12s12 seconds ago
Sources: Blazers didn't make deal as first step of rebuilding. Aldridge was aware of trade, and Blazers did deal independent of free agency.

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 3m3 minutes ago
No draft picks changing hands in the Batum for Henderson/Vonleh swap I’m told. This probably means Kaminsky to the Hornets at 9

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 12s13 seconds ago
I am told the @hornets will also end up with Jeremy Lamb in a separate deal involving Matt Barnes' contract. Barnes isn't going to OKC.

Hornets, trending on Twitter.

Hornets end up with Lamb and Batum. Good for them.

Wonder if Doc could have done Barnes contract to OKC for Lamb. And Crawford and Hawes for Stephenson. Still have hope for Lance making them dance.

_woLf

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 12s12 seconds ago
Sources: Blazers didn't make deal as first step of rebuilding. Aldridge was aware of trade, and Blazers did deal independent of free agency.

hahhahahahha
ahahah
ahahahhahahah

yeah portland is done. Batum is a key part of their lineup and will not inspire any confidence at all the future for LA to stay in town. what a damn shame.

Per what? Anybody who signs Matthews for more than one season is stupid as hell.

Hornets end up with Lamb and Batum. Good for them.

Wonder if Doc could have done Barnes contract to OKC for Lamb. And Crawford and Hawes for Stephenson. Still have hope for Lance making them dance.

We can't afford Barnes unless we get someone to take Novak, and we really don't need him that badly anyways.

Kevtones

Henderson is a pretty good and cheap Afflalo replacement.

Vonleh is raw and feels like Meyers Leonard 2.0 which considering Meyers dev could be a good thing. It could also be a draft/free agency asset.

Batum is mercurial and always has been. I like him but he's been a frustrating player for a number of years.

I'm okay with this trade.

Bowser

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 18m18 minutes ago
Told Charlotte had concerns about Noah Vonleh's acclimation to NBA. Had difficulties picking up on plays. Questions about his feel for game.

Caveat that he's only 19 years old, but interesting nonetheless.

Don't know what the point of this trade is for Boston. They need either a high pick or a star player, not a borderline role player and more lower picks.

the 31 and 36 picks probably get you as good of a player as 28 with less salary commitment, not sure how much that matters for teams like Boston that are so far under the cap though but it's not terrible. Bennett is probably just filler at this point though.

"The Nuggets have made injury plagued but offensively talented forward Danilo Gallinari available for trade, a source told Yahoo Sports." - @SpearsNBAYahoo

Things are lining up for the Kings to trade for the 2012-2013 Nuggets.

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 21s21 seconds ago
Sources: Lakers, Kings exchange framework of trade centered on DeMarcus Cousins today, discussions could intensify Thursday. Story soon.

Fucking LA...ugh.

That has to include Randle and probably Clarkson (pls no) so if that happens I imagine the Lakers will go hard as fuck after Love and probably Drago this offseason. If we give those guys up and strike out in free agency, it's time to tank again.

jbug617

Banned
Sources: Lakers, Kings exchange framework of trade centered on DeMarcus Cousins today, discussions could intensify Thursday. Story soon.

Fucking LA...ugh.

I'm just hoping that the Lakers give up Randle and #2.

Bowser

That has to include Randle and probably Clarkson (pls no) so if that happens I imagine the Lakers will go hard as fuck after Love and probably Drago this offseason. If we give those guys up and strike out in free agency, it's time to tank again.

Dragic/Kobe (lol)/Wade (lol)/Love/Cousins

DREAM TEAM

Tom Penny

Fucking LA...ugh.

Of course they did. Divac you stupid fuck.

I don't know. Something about Cousins scares me the more I think about trading for him as time goes on. What if he's just one of those good stats on a bad team guys? What if he's just a bigass ref hatin' version Shareef Abdur Raheem? He shot less than 50% from the floor last year?!? Am I crazy?

Tom Penny

I don't know. Something about Cousins scares me the more I think about trading for him as time goes on. What if he's just one of those good stats on a bad team guys? What if he's just a bigass ref hatin' version Shareef Abdur Raheem? He shot less than 50% from the floor last year?!? Am I crazy?

I'm pretty sure he'd be more productive with a good coach like Brad Stevens then a stiff like Byron Scott.

Top Bottom