• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Bowser

Was Lopez expected to opt-out? It would be nice if that team could fall apart for the celts draft pick.

Both he and Thad Young are expected to re-sign with Brooklyn. It's why the Nets were comfortable trading away Plumlee, because they can't play Lopez and Plumlee together.

Was Lopez expected to opt-out? It would be nice if that team could fall apart for the celts draft pick.

Yeah he was always going to opt out, he had a good second half to the season. He'll most likely stay with the Nets at a higher salary though. I'm not sure if that's good or bad for our pick.

I'm trying to fill out the Mavs roster for PG, then I realize we don't have shit other than cap space cause Ainge fleeced us
beli.png

That trade is going to hurt for a while

bender

What time is it?
I'm trying to fill out the Mavs roster for PG, then I realize we don't have shit other than cap space cause Ainge fleeced us
beli.png

That trade is going to hurt for a while

Can't blame them for going after a big name via trade when they had such little success with their dry powder approach the previous few off-seasons. I wonder if this is the year they finally fall off a cliff.

Feel bad for Dirk, I'm not sure this is how he envisioned the twilight of his career.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah he was always going to opt out, he had a good second half to the season. He'll most likely stay with the Nets at a higher salary though. I'm not sure if that's good or bad for our pick.

People forget how beastly he is when he's healthy... which is rare, but he still could carry that trash to around .500

Can't blame them for going after a big name via trade when they had such little success with their dry powder approach the previous few off-seasons. I wonder if this is the year they finally fall off a cliff.

Feel bad for Dirk, I'm not sure this is how he envisioned the twilight of his career.

Might be, Dirk is getting older and can't carry a team by himself anymore. Love him or hate him but with Monta gone I'm wondering who they're expecting to score. I mean he takes a lot of shots but he was the teams top scorer last year. Out of the teams top two scorers one is leaving and the other is 37 years old.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs become a bottom tier team.

The more I read about Anthony Brown the more I'm shocked he fell so low. He has size and length for his position, is a reasonably good athlete and is a 3 and D guy that this league seems to be fallin in love with. Can even dribble some and push the ball out on the break from the vids I've seen. Granted he's not a superstar or anything but he seems to have a lot of the attributes that teams are looking for right now. I liked Nance a lot going in, but I think I'm liking Brown better as a pick up and he might have a better shot at contributing.

edit:http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13137032
this is some crazy shit. I like Russell even more now

zychi

Banned
Melo should have gone to Chicago last year when he had the chance, but he couldn't pass up the money.

thank the basketball gods he didnt. can you imagine how much worse the Bulls defense could have been? plus be stuck with his bum ass?

The more I read about Anthony Brown the more I'm shocked he fell so low. He has size and length for his position, is a reasonably good athlete and is a 3 and D guy that this league seems to be fallin in love with. Can even dribble some and push the ball out on the break from the vids I've seen. Granted he's not a superstar or anything but he seems to have a lot of the attributes that teams are looking for right now. I liked Nance a lot going in, but I think I'm liking Brown better as a pick up and he might have a better shot at contributing.

edit:http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13137032
this is some crazy shit. I like Russell even more now

Was browsing some other boards and they were posting an a vid from a few years ago where Russell was at some camp where Blake Griffin was doing those showoff dunks. I can't find but I think it was from the 2012 USA team I wanna say.

Watching an old espn classic doc on Karl Malone and holy shit I never knew he only missed like 7 games ever in 18 years before his career ending injury in that last year in LA. Add that to almost over 10 seasons with over that 3k minutes played and that he started in every game in his career except 5 during his rookie season.

that shit is unheard of today
mindblown.png

edit: He expected to be drafted by the Mavs but instead they passed on him for some scrub.... With Malone and Blackman those two would have had put up at least two banners up together..

Bread

Banned
Danny should give Lopez a 1 year deal worth the highest amount possible just so Brooklyn will suck next year.

charsace

I don't understand why people are mad over the knicks pick. The kid played in a tougher league than college and put up solid numbers against men. People say the same thing about euro players every time. "He's gonna take years to xxx," when the guy was getting good minutes in Europe. The kid has great shooting touch, is the tallest and longest guy in the draft, a great athlete, and moves well.

People are comparing Kris to other euro players that make no sense. Darko never got burn in Europe. Kris got lots of run and advanced stats for him look good. Bargs was a wing player who got taller and couldn't adapt to big man play, Kris has always been a big man and is known for being a good rim protector.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
If we sign Deandre Jordan (poor to moderate possibility) I'm certain we go above .500 and have a legit shot at the 8 seed out West too.

1. Doe
2. Kobe
3. Johnson (holy fuck this position is an eye sore. Save us Anthony Brown)
4. Randle
5. Jordan

That team isn't going below .500 in 2016. No Damn way. Our only problem is consistent wing D and relying on two, although extremely talented, unproven rookies to produce from the jump. If we play well enough and look promising, hopefully we can sign KD in 2016. We replace Old Snake with Clarkson at the 2 and pick 'n roll teams to DEATH on our way through the playoffs.

If we can't get Deandre, I would settle for Chandler and Danny Green. This gives us two vets who can ball and also gives Upshaw the opportunity to be taken under Chandlers wing for a few years, help the dude to un-fuck himself and see what a real pro/winner is like. If the Lakers can keep both Artest/Lamar crazy fucking assess in check to run off rings, at the same time no less, then I'm willing to bet we can put a leash on Upshaw.

Was browsing some other boards and they were posting an a vid from a few years ago where Russell was at some camp where Blake Griffin was doing those showoff dunks. I can't find but I think it was from the 2012 USA team I wanna say.
Julius Randle was in the same vid in the background. heh

I don't understand why people are mad over the knicks pick. The kid played in a tougher league than college and put up solid numbers against men. People say the same thing about euro players every time. "He's gonna take years to xxx," when the guy was getting good minutes in Europe. The kid has great shooting touch, is the tallest and longest guy in the draft, a great athlete, and moves well.

People are comparing Kris to other euro players that make no sense. Darko never got burn in Europe. Kris got lots of run and advanced stats for him look good. Bargs was a wing player who got taller and couldn't adapt to big man play, Kris has always been a big man and is known for being a good rim protector.
I thought it was because he is white.

"Source confirms @ShamsCharania report that Texas F Jonathan Holmes to play for Celtics' summer league. Draft Express' 33rd ranked prospect." -@AdamHimmelsbach

Yay?

Gigglepoo

I thought it was because he is white.

It's the baggage that comes from being Eastern European. Only a couple guys have succeeded and there have been a few massive flops. After reading/listening up on him the last few days, he seems like the best guy available at four. Chad Ford loves him. Now it's just a matter of if the Knicks are fine playing him 25 minutes a night (even though he'll struggle) to let him develop.

It seems more like a questionable pick for the Knicks (are they going to play him? what are they doing with Melo?) than a bad pick in general. I just don't see how you're going to play him so many minutes when you have Melo whining about how lousy the team is.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...tely_concerned_about_Embiid_s_right_foot.html

Hinkie said selecting Duke University freshman center Jahlil Okafor third overall was not connected to Embiid’s situation. He said Okafor was the pick because he was the best player available.

But what if there was no issue with Embiid?

“I’d like to think we’d have had the courage to do it anyway,” Hinkie responded when asked if he would have still selected Okafor. “I knew and it’s hard to unknow where things stood with Joel, but I’d like to think we’d have the courage anyway.”

TRUST THE PROCESS

El Topo

Anyone know a good site to keep up-to-date with the Mavs?

The Knicks could draft Jesus Christ and see him walk on water in highlights and they would still boo.

"He's only played in the Israeli league. You ever seen someone from there make it in the NBA? Water's a lot tougher over here."

Bowser

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p4ntkur

CLT gets uptempo, win now PG
DEN gets rid of a problem in exchange for a backup PG for Mudiay and a $7m expiring contract
NYK gets a homegrown quasi-star to appease Melo and help sell tickets to fans

Who says no?

BTW, only included Bargnani because ESPN's stupid ass trade machine isn't up to date and still counts UFAs against the cap.

Watching an old espn classic doc on Karl Malone and holy shit I never knew he only missed like 7 games ever in 18 years before his career ending injury in that last year in LA. Add that to almost over 10 seasons with over that 3k minutes played and that he started in every game in his career except 5 during his rookie season.

that shit is unheard of today
mindblown.png

edit: He expected to be drafted by the Mavs but instead they passed on him for some scrub.... With Malone and Blackman those two would have had put up at least two banners up together..

His career stats also match LBJ's. He has a few more rebounds on average and LBJ has a few more assists. And their game plays about the same, thats why I laugh when people say that we've never seen a player like LeBron before.

Bowser

why the fuck would denver do that?!

Because they don't want Lawson and just drafted his replacement? Because Lawson's value is at an all-time low? Because they'd rather just get rid of his contract and the headache surrounding him?

They're not getting shit for Lawson now...on that draft podcast that Russillo and Ford did, they said his market is very soft and there's not much interest. I'm sure they're just trying to unload the $24m left on his contract and get the Mudiay era started as soon as possible.

zychi

Banned
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p4ntkur

CLT gets uptempo, win now PG
DEN gets rid of a problem in exchange for a backup PG for Mudiay and a $7m expiring contract
NYK gets a homegrown quasi-star to appease Melo and help sell tickets to fans

Who says no?

BTW, only included Bargnani because ESPN's stupid ass trade machine isn't up to date and still counts UFAs against the cap.

Denver wouldn't. They aren't ran as poorly as the Knicks and wouldn't take those blackholes

I REALLY don't want Cousins.

I just hope the journalism is just click bait and nothing is going down.

If you mean to the Lakers it ain't happening. Lakers wouldn't be parading D'Angelo Russell around the way they are to just turn around and trade him, and the Kings seemingly listened to the fan/media backlash and don't want to trade DMC anymore anyway.

Top Bottom