• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Bowser

Hornets going after Marco

Apparently they want to sign Rondo. He wants a 1yr deal to bring back his value

Sounds like it will be Charlotte vs Golden State on Marco. Charlotte likely will offer the full MLE for Marco whereas GS may not. But GS is obviously the defending champs, so that in and of itself is alluring over the situation in Charlotte.

Hope we can snag him though. He'd fit well.

jbug617

Banned
So who the Lakers going after LMA

@WojYahooNBA: The Lakers are working to unload contracts, trying to create significantly more salary cap space, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Edit: It's LMA and DeAndre
@WojYahooNBA: Around the league, executives believe the Lakers are pursuing space to offer free agent deals to LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan.

Just glad Jordan Hill is off the team. Cost way too much and was probably my least favorite player.

He's also a Wildcat, but that doesn't really sit well....given that Luke Walton was a good role-player.

Omega

Banned
the only way Calipari is leaving Kentucky is for a front office position, coach/GM or a maybe team like the Spurs once Pop retires.

he has it made there. Some stat at the draft that showed he has more first round picks than any other school in history, or maybe it was lottery picks. why would he walk away from that at all? let alone to coach some dysfunctional team like the Kings

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Edit: It's LMA and DeAndre

... would have helped if they didnt give Kobe 25 million.

Also not surprised Tobias Harris is going to get paid by someone. Magic would be making the biggest mistake in the world letting him walk honestly. Feel like its going to be like letting Ryno walk only to try to replace him with Channing Fucking Frye a year later (and the Magic wouldn't even have a problem resigning Tobias if Frye didn't have 3 years and 24 million left on his garbage contract).

If they can open up a little more space they can pontentially add a max guy (LMA, DeAndre) and either a lower tier guy like Danny Green or a vet like Tyson Chandler. Would still leave us with Max space next offseason too. That Nick Young contract is the real killer though. Might need to attach a future 1st to get rid of it. Fucking bum.

Oops didn't see that.

Question for me is....if we had an equal chance at getting both DeAndre and LMA, which would you take? As in, both would go to us definitely.

I'm tempted to say DeAndre. Younger and easier to build around, though Russel really has to deliver on his potential as Jordan seems to need a good PG to maximize his production. The problem with getting LMA is that 5s to pair with him don't grow on trees.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.com/2015/05/06/the-nbas-most-underrated-player/

Heres a really detailed article explaining why Tobias Harris is legitimately a star in the making (and hes only 22). Wouldn't say hes the most underrated player in the league but whoever is signing him knows what they're getting and wouldn't be surprised to see his contract be way higher than what the average public expects. Has easily been the best player on the Magic since he got here and the team they put around him doesn't really help him either.

Tom Penny

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.com/2015/05/06/the-nbas-most-underrated-player/

Heres a really detailed article explaining why Tobias Harris is legitimately a star in the making (and hes only 22). Wouldn't say hes the most underrated player in the league but whoever is signing him knows what they're getting and wouldn't be surprised to see his contract be way higher than what the average public expects. Has easily been the best player on the Magic since he got here and the team they put around him doesn't really help him either.

His agent literally took that article and sent it to GM's or they obviously wrote it themselves...

tobias-harris-550px.jpg

Supposedly there is a way the Spurs can sign Aldridge and keep Green, but it is contingent on Duncan taking even less money, which is always a possibility. I know Duncan said money doesn't matter to him at this point but that was before he lost $24 mil to that scam artist. Will be interesting to find out if the Spurs can pull off the magic trick.

Supposedly there is a way the Spurs can sign Aldridge and keep Green, but it is contingent on Duncan taking even less money, which is always a possibility. I know Duncan said money doesn't matter to him at this point but that was before he lost $24 mil to that scam artist. Will be interesting to find out if the Spurs can pull off the magic trick.

You know Duncan and the Spurs have an "Under the table" deal for when he retires.

"The Boston Celtics are still awaiting word on whether they'll get a meeting with Cleveland free agent Kevin Love, league source tells Yahoo." - Woj

How come he don't want me man?

Bowser

"The Boston Celtics are still awaiting word on whether they'll get a meeting with Cleveland free agent Kevin Love, league source tells Yahoo." - Woj

How come he don't want me man?

Don't worry, Danny's got a plan:

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 56m56 minutes ago
Boston expected to show interest in free agent forward Amir Johnson, per source. Another possible target: Ex-Celtic Gerald Green.

Don't worry, Danny's got a plan:

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 56m56 minutes ago
Boston expected to show interest in free agent forward Amir Johnson, per source. Another possible target: Ex-Celtic Gerald Green.

Ugh, I'm starting to sell myself on the idea of giving Tobias Harris a max contract. I hate the NBA.

Sign Crowder 4/28 and a cheap rim protector. Offer Harris 12 per and if he says no move on. I'd much rather have Middelton but Bucks will match everything.

The Magic would probably match that.

Edit:

"New Orleans star Anthony Davis has agreed to a five-year, $145 million maximum contract extension, league source tells Yahoo Sports." - Woj

Well that was quick.

Tom Penny

The Magic would probably match that.

Edit:

"New Orleans star Anthony Davis has agreed to a five-year, $145 million maximum contract extension, league source tells Yahoo Sports." - Woj

Well that was quick.

Only 30 million a year. That sucks. When he's old at 27 he will probably only sign for 45 million a year. He's getting robbed.

"Free agent Aminu Al-Farouq has agreed to a four year, $30 million deal with Portland, league source tells Yahoo Sports." - Woj

Who needs LMA anyways?

Tom Penny

"Free agent Aminu Al-Farouq has agreed to a four year, $30 million deal with Portland, league source tells Yahoo Sports." - Woj

Who needs LMA anyways?

Fuck. I don't want to pay Crowder that much. It's going to be hilarious when they pay Lilliard a zillion dollars and he's not even that good.

Fuck. I don't want to pay Crowder that much. It's going to be hilarious when they pay Lilliard a zillion dollars and he's not even that good.
Crowder is probably worth that much given how much the cap is going up. That Aminu deal looks like an over pay now but it'll be fine eventually.

If Aminu can get $30m, Tobias is gonna land that near-max deal he wants. Bet Matthews gets a fat deal too.

Tobias is almost definitely getting a max contract.

Bowser

Immediate change to DeAndre Jordan's meeting schedule: ESPN sources say Mavs having dinner with Clippers center as we speak

DeAndre Jordan initially supposed to start meeting teams tomorrow. Mavs' standing in the DeAndre race gets them sitdown right after midnight

Also hearing Mavs have split up their recruiting posse and are conducting two meetings at present: One with DeAndre; one with Wes Matthews

Tom Penny

Crowder is probably worth that much given how much the cap is going up. That Aminu deal looks like an over pay now but it'll be fine eventually.

Avery Bradley's contract will be a steal in a year 0_0. I really don't want to be the one who screws up on Harris. Players getting stats on bad teams is always questionable.

Isaiah Thomas just started following Tobias Harris on Twitter. Plan the parade.

Avery Bradley's contract will be a steal in a year 0_0. I really don't want to be the one who screws up on Harris.

I assume when there's a new CBA teams will get another amnesty so I don't mind risking it on someone as young as him.

dream

Anyway, I'm resigned to the fact that DJ is probably Dallas-bound. Fuck him. Let's get a Plumlee or something and we'll be just fine.

Man Clipps D is going to go in the toilet if they lose DeAndre. Blake gonna get exposed badly on that end. Tyson Chandler would be a good fit there but no way they can afford him.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 26m26 minutes ago
"LaMarcus, this is Jimmy Buss."
"Nice to meet you, Marcus."

(12 hours later)

"Sources: LaMarcus Aldridge has agreed with the Spurs..."

Bill Simmons, everybody.

Edit: more

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 21m21 minutes ago
I want the Celts to sign Monta Ellis, Rodney Stuckey & Lou Williams and trot out a 9-man rotation of all combo guards. It's never been done.

"Brooklyn is moving rapidly toward extensions with free agents Brook Lopez and Thad Young, league sources tell Yahoo Sports." - Woj

Bold moves.

Top Bottom