• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Bowser

If anyone listened to the Lowe Post podcast yesterday with Marc Stein, the reason the Heat are hesitant to give Wade a huge contract is because they think they have a legit shot at Kevin Durant in the next FA period. However, if they have Dragic and Wade both making $18-20m per, the cap math becomes impossible for them to fit Durant in. Riley wants Wade to take something like $10-$12m (lmao) so they reserve room for Durant. Also, Whiteside is a FA next season and the Heat don't have his bird rights. So basically, retaining Dragic, Wade, and Whiteside (if he performs well this season) at fair/"expected" value means the Heat cannot be players in FA next season.

Gigglepoo

Wade doesn't "deserve" a massive contract. He plays 60 games a year and can't even get out of the first round. There's a reason no other team is making a push for Wade.

Wade doesn't "deserve" a massive contract. He plays 60 games a year and can't even get out of the first round. There's a reason no other team is making a push for Wade.

not saying he deserves a massive contract and I don't want the kiss of death type of contract for wade that Kobe got with the Lakers. Just give him a shitton of money next season, overpay the crap out of him for one year so he can have that feeling of being the most paid player on a team, then have the rest of the contract be much more reasonable.

You gotta throw him a bone, the heat wouldn't have a single ring without him. If that means that the dude eats for one year then so be it.

h1nch

Sources: Danny Green has agreed to a 4 year, $45 million deal with the Spurs - Chris Broussard

I wonder what this means for LMA.

I think the numbers work out such that they can still fit LMA provided they trade Splitter, at least according to NBA twitter.

Sifl

Pretty sure it means they would need to trade Splitter and sign Duncan for nothing, so it's still possible.

So Isaiah Thomas started following Tobias Harris on Twitter yesterday. Tobias Harris' most recent follow is Isiah Thomas. Free agency.

OctoMan

Banned
Butler has to be mulling over his options or he would have signed that max already. Stein tweeted though he's leaning toward the max over the 1 year deal.

h1nch

OH MAN I WONDER WHY WE WOULD NEED TO TRADE SPLITTER

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

"Hawks still working out details on Splitter swap. There are other moving pieces that will allow the Hawks to still have space for Millsap" - Brian Windhorst

Splitter, Millsap and Horford?

Splitter is a good pickup for the hawks. The less D Leaguers they have on the team the better the chances for them in case some shitty injuries happen again.

spyder_ur

Wait so this means that Aldridge and Green aren't coming to the Celtics?

Lopez and Young deals are absurd in my opinion. No better way to ensure you stay bad over many years than long-term eight-figure (yearly) deals to players that aren't close to being stars. Sadly for the Celts it probably does make them a slightly better team next year than if they weren't able to lock them down.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Mitch and co need to go HARD after Carroll and Chandler right now.

Man I'm gonna be pissed if we have money to spend and get nothing... again.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I really did not believe they could keep Green and get Aldridge... this changes everything.

Parker
Green
Leonard
LMA
Duncan
Manu off the bench

Absolutely Ridiculous if healthy.

spyder_ur

Mitch and co need to go HARD after Carroll and Chandler right now.

Man I'm gonna be pissed if we have money to spend and get nothing... again.

I like both those players, but this attitude gets you into trouble on the first day of free agency. Overpaying for guys like Carroll and Chandler is not a great idea and that tends to be what happens on day 1.

OctoMan

Banned
ESPN sources say Milwaukee and Khris Middleton are closing in on five-year, $70 million deal

Lol wat. Dude was a throwin for Brandon Knight.

Top Bottom