• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Welp... there goes another good SF we really needed. Fuck.

There's no reason to rush into anything. I'd be pissed if they just spent money just to spend money.
How much money do you think we need to get Chandler and a serviceable SF? I don't think we have to break the bank on that.

Kronotech

Crickets chirping at the Phx front office. Suns still gonna attempt a Love or Aldridge signing (to show the fans "hey we tried"), whiff, and sign Beasley again.

spyder_ur

Holy crap. Skilled versatile swingmen are absolutely getting paid. Market has caught up and cruised right past.

Crowder really might cost $8-10M to keep. Only good thing is he's restricted.

Welp... there goes another good SF we really needed. Fuck.

How much money do you think we need to get Chandler and a serviceable SF? I don't think we have to break the bank on that.

Carroll just signed for $15 million per. Khris Middleton $14 million. Danny Green got $12 million per year. Chandler can probably ask for around that too. These guys aren't gonna be throw-ins.

jbug617

Banned
Dallas are favs for Wes Matthews
@ZachLowe_NBA: Some rival execs beginning to operate under assumption LMA to Spurs is happening. Dallas considered frontrunner for Wes Matthews.

Carroll just signed for $15 million per. Khris Middleton $14 million. Danny Green got $12 million per year. Chandler can probably ask for around that too. These guys aren't gonna be throw-ins.

I hope Tobias Harris will be around the same.

OctoMan

Banned
Miami's lineup is ridonkulous if they stay healthy (lol). Toronto not looking to bad either. Where is Terrance Ross going?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I'll take Chandler for 12-14 mill. Absolutely.

I think we might end up trading Young/kelly/picks for Hibbert.......

Bowser

CI1zLibVEAAf61a.jpg

Green taking 4/$45 from the Spurs was cutting them a huge break. He could have easily gotten $60m like Carroll from someone else.

I'll take Chandler for 12-14 mill. Absolutely.

I think we might end up trading Young/kelly/picks for Hibbert.......

Don't even joke about that. They need to go hard after DeAndre. He seems impressionable enough that they can sell him on being even more famous being a Laker over a Clipper and that they will make him a focal part of the offense.

spyder_ur

Dallas are favs for Wes Matthews

I hope Tobias Harris will be around the same.

He will be. In fact he might be a better player than at least a couple of those guys and he's 22. He might get maxed out. I'd rather the Celts throw $14M a year at him than 11 for Crowder. Either way, he's restricted so I have a hard time seeing the Magic not matching.

Sifl

Royce Young
@royceyoung
The Rockets, Pelicans and Knicks have interest in unrestricted free agent Kendrick Perkins, according to a source.
#FirePhil

Green taking 4/$45 from the Spurs was cutting them a huge break. He could have easily gotten $60m like Carroll from someone else.

I know that, I was responding in the context of the Lakers $23 million in free cap space. The idea that we could sign a max or near max guy and then add one of the available wing guys as throw-in was a pipe dream. These guys are all going to get PAID. Even at a relative discount, that's huge money.

Royce Young
@royceyoung
The Rockets, Pelicans and Knicks have interest in unrestricted free agent Kendrick Perkins, according to a source.
#FirePhil

Haha. I would imagine Perkins could beat his old appearance record on "Shaqtin a Fool" if he goes with the Knicks.

spyder_ur

Ziller was way off with his predictions, especially the numbers.

14. Danny Green: 4 years, $48 million with Your Sacramento Kings! (Wishful thinking.) (4 years, $48 million with the Blazers.)
20. Khris Middleton: 4 years, $40 million with the Bucks.
22. DeMarre Carroll: 4 years, $40 million with the Hawks.
23. Thaddeus Young: 4 years, $44 million with the Nets.

Yeah, right - not anymore:
27. Tobias Harris: 4 years, $40 million with the Celtics.
30. Jae Crowder: 4 years, $28 million with the Celtics.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Don't even joke about that. They need to go hard after DeAndre. He seems impressionable enough that they can sell him on being even more famous being a Laker over a Clipper and that they will make him a focal part of the offense.
bruh, DJ ain't coming here unless the Mavs fuck up somehow, which I don't believe they will. They will make trades and they will sign him.

Man.. we're going to be starting Sacre for the whole of next season aren't we...

giphy.gif

Man this is some bullshit. Who are we going to go after now? Nobody else wants to come to LA.

the problem for the Lakers is convincing FAs to come play with a core that hasn't proven anything. I guess we are going to need to give Russell, Julius and Clarkson a year to prove that they are legit in order to convince guys to come over. I'm fine with exercising some patience, let the young guys grow, and keep flexibility open.

Shieeeet, Carroll a big upgrade over Terrence fucking Ross. Now to ship him off somewhere and get a good PF. I wouldn't even be against letting JV go elsewhere if we can get a good return.

I like Marco Belinelli but if he leaves I hope the Spurs bring back Gary Neal

If we lose Beli (which we probably will) then I want him [Gary Neal] back with the Spurs. Him and Green lighting up the Heat during their first Finals matchup still lingers with me.

As far as the Tiago trade goes... Yeah, I think LMA is coming to SA. Sad to see Splitter go since I really learned to like the guy, but at least he is going to the one East team I actually like. Although I'm not laughing at ESPN and their "LMA and Lakers meeting went very well. He was 'focused.'" headline, especially in light of WoJ's tweet that LMA wasn't all that impressed. lol

San Antonio traded Tiago Splitter to Atlanta, according to ESPN and media reports. The move frees up $8.5M in cap space, which allows the team to offer LaMarcus Aldridge a max deal, sources told ESPN's Brian Windhorst. The Spurs plan to meet Aldridge in L.A. later today.

C'mon Buford, Pop, Duncan, Tony and Sugar K. Close the deal.

Goddamn. Spurs will be a problem next year.

I haven't watched LMA play much due to not really caring about the Trailblazers, but what I'm concerned about is losing the post-play and defense that Tiago gave the Spurs. Does LMA make up for that? I'm not sure (not a rhetorical question I really don't know).

Fjordson

I haven't watched LMA play much due to not really caring about the Trailblazers, but what I'm concerned about is losing the post-play and defense that Tiago gave the Spurs. Does LMA make up for that? I'm not sure (not a rhetorical question I really don't know).
LMA is way way way better on offense. More varied and can face up for jumpers or attack off the dribble so Timmy will have room to work on the block. Immense upgrade there.

Defense is a bit harder to compare, but LMA isn't bad on that end as far as I know. I haven't looked at Portland's / LMA's numbers on that end, though.

spyder_ur

Post-play definitely. Aldridge is one of the best post players and midrange shooters in the NBA. He's not as good defensively as Splitter but not atrocious. He'll be incredible.

Lamarcus is Chris Bosh's tougher brother.

Top Bottom