• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Fjordson

I don't see them going to the Finals next year even with Aldridge. Conference is just too ridiculous right now.
It is a bit of a crapshoot with all the competition in the West and the chance of nasty injuries, but I think they'll be right there with Golden State and OKC if KD can be KD. They'll have as good a chance as anyone.

LMA is way way way better on offense. More varied and can face up for jumpers or attack off the dribble so Timmy will have room to work on the block. Immense upgrade there.

Defense is a bit harder to compare, but LMA isn't bad on that end as far as I know. I haven't looked at Portland's / LMA's numbers on that end, though.

He isn't the best defender. But he isn't the worst. Tiago definitely a better defender. But LMA makes up for it by leaps and bounds with his scoring and rebounding abilities.

I don't see them going to the Finals next year even with Aldridge. Conference is just too ridiculous right now.

I mean I'm definitely not going to anoint them before they actually prove anything, but I definitely like their chances.

Spurs = Warriors = Thunder

Just a matter of who is healthier by the time it all comes down. It really is that.

TRios Zen

Really thought Green was a goner if we were going to get LMA, amazed they got him at a fare deal and before LMA talk.

If they can get LMA and keep Ginoboli, Diaw and Mills coming off bench, best 'rebuilding' year ever.

Gigglepoo

Damn, the Raptors got Carroll? That's a huge pickup! One of my favorite players. Considering how ambivalent Toronto was last season, they need a guy who gives a shit.

"James Young now clarifies that he meant that he's gained 20 pounds since the last season ended, not in the last year."

Who needs Love/Aldridge/Gasol/anyone of value anyways?

Who the fuck is Chris Middleton? LOL. Never heard of the guy. Now he's gonna make $70M. Crazy.

I think I said it a year or 2 ago. FA the next couple years are gonna be crazy as contracts factor in the cap raise. Bosh's and Melo's contracts are going to look like bargains come next summer. While I thought Riley got Goran at a bargain, the Spurs signing Kawhi for the same price is an insane discount. Wow! I have to assume there an early player option in there.

Gigglepoo

Zach Lowe "Impossible to tell now with 100% precision, but cap being at $69M vs $67M could be difference b/w Spurs keeping Mills and trading him."

Losing Mills would be a major blow for the Spurs. I wonder what they would do if they had to deal him? They just can't count on Parker anymore.

We're going to offer Tobias Harris 60 mil and do a sign&trade with the Pacers and receive Hibbert for Nick Young and Kelly.

I don't expect the Pacers to trade Hibbert in the off season. They wouldn't get anything for him. Better to just start the season with him and let him teach Myles Turner his rim-protection magic then unload him for scraps.

Bowser

CI2BZQVUMAADdR5.jpg

Sifl

I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks don't get anyone and decide to throw a max contract at Wade. Amare 2.0

Zach Lowe "Impossible to tell now with 100% precision, but cap being at $69M vs $67M could be difference b/w Spurs keeping Mills and trading him."

Losing Mills would be a major blow for the Spurs. I wonder what they would do if they had to deal him? They just can't count on Parker anymore.

Aww man. I definitely don't want to lose Mills. I'm sure they'll find a way to keep him, especially if Beli walks.

Kwhit10

Wtf why am I seeing Willie Greens name appear on Twitter reports? That dude was garbage when he was on the sixers like a decade ago. Now he could start for the clippers? Way to go Doc.

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 24s24 seconds ago
Free agent Dwyane Wade and Miami are progressing in talks on a likely multi-year deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Wtf why am I seeing Willie Greens name appear on Twitter reports? That dude was garbage when he was on the sixers like a decade ago. Now he could start for the clippers? Way to go Doc.

Willie Green started for the Clippers a few years ago, but he wouldn't start over Redick. Anyway, I heard that the Clippers were interested in Gerald Green, not Willie Green.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
the problem for the Lakers is convincing FAs to come play with a core that hasn't proven anything. I guess we are going to need to give Russell, Julius and Clarkson a year to prove that they are legit in order to convince guys to come over. I'm fine with exercising some patience, let the young guys grow, and keep flexibility open.

You haven't seen Ryan Kelly's final form yet tho

Yeah the Clippers might have swept the Spurs if it weren't for Mills. He tore up the Clippers bench (and even the starters) every single time.

I think they'll find a way to keep him. There's been several times he has carried the load and even outplayed Parker at points. He is the Spurs' x-factor off the bench.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 24s24 seconds ago
Free agent Dwyane Wade and Miami are progressing in talks on a likely multi-year deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Heat about to go on a revenge tour against the Cleveland LeBrons.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I read that DWade wants a max contract. How is this real life? Better be for a year or two, tops.

Ethan Skolnick says Micky is in Italy right now which means Wade's coming back. If shit was still shaky like previously reported he wouldn't be in Italy right now.

Fuck, if wade gets maxed out then I guess we're done for the next handful of years

I read that DWade wants a max contract. How is this real life? Better be for a year or two, tops.

it has to be for two years minimum because he just opted out of a 2 year contract. Something about opting out of a contact after a year requires that your next contract be a 2 year contract or something like that. I forgot the specifics but it can't be for just one season.

Wade gonna ruin Riley's Durant dreams. Pat should just tell Dwyane to kick rocks and embarrass himself on the free agent market. They already drafted his replacement anyway.

yeah, it's not Riley's fault that Bron Bron cost him millions by not telling his bro that he wasn't returning. Let him see his worth and try to not cry when the best deal he gets is from SVG in Detroit.

Wade gonna ruin Riley's Durant dreams. Pat should just tell Dwyane to kick rocks and embarrass himself on the free agent market. They already drafted his replacement anyway.

Zach Lowe made a good point on Twitter, screwing over Wade would hurt their perception among future free agents.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

You cant let a guy like Wade walk away and end his career with the Knicks. Its a bad look. Other players in the league notice that kind of shit. Like I think the Lakers gave Kobe way too much money but they had to keep him.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You cant let a guy like Wade walk away and end his career with the Knicks. Its a bad look. Other players in the league notice that kind of shit. Like I think the Lakers gave Kobe way too much money but they had to keep him.

Let's not forget the marketing aspect of it. Laker fans want to see Kobe. Miami fans want to see DWade.

For the record, though, I'm pretty sure the Heat are overpaying for the Dragon. I guess they had to, but I'm guessing they come to regret it in 2 years. Then again, if cap goes up a ton as expected, maybe not.

I think that is overblown. Is having Kobe on the roster right now helping the Lakers sign free agents?

I'm not saying the Heat need to give him a stupid contract like Kobe got but if they low ball him and let him go to the Knicks or something it'll be a bad look after he gave up a lot of money for the good of the team. You're probably right though, there will always be star players willing to play in Miami.

I hope Heat fans are happy losing in the first round!

As much as I'd love to see that I think they're going to be pretty good baring any serious injuries.

"Boston and Dallas are leaders so far in pursuit of free agent forward Jae Crowder, league sources tell RealGM. Mavs dealt him last season." - @ShamsCharania

Let's not forget the marketing aspect of it. Laker fans want to see Kobe. Miami fans want to see DWade.

For the record, though, I'm pretty sure the Heat are overpaying for the Dragon. I guess they had to, but I'm guessing they come to regret it in 2 years. Then again, if cap goes up a ton as expected, maybe not.

Dragon was expected to get 5/100 so 5/90 is actually a bargain. It seems like a pretty decent get for the team.

As much as I'd love to see that I think they're going to be pretty good baring any serious injuries.

I need to see what a Wade/Whiteside/Bosh/Dragon/Deng or possibly Winslow lineup looks like because if healthy and actually given some time to develop they can go deep in the east. Dunno about taking all of the east but there's no reason that it shouldnt be able to get out of the first round.

I'm not saying the Heat need to give him a stupid contract like Kobe got but if they low ball him and let him go to the Knicks or something it'll be a bad look after he gave up a lot of money for the good of the team. You're probably right though, there will always be star players willing to play in Miami.

I think this is just going to make more players wise up and stop taking pay cuts, from any team, but in all honesty if Dragic, Bosh, white side and Winslow are the core how they treated Wade likely won't effect what a guy like Durant does.

Gigglepoo

History says otherwise. Without LeBron, they haven't gotten out of the first round since their championship season. That's what happens when your best player is so often injured.

Bowser

I hope Heat fans are happy losing in the first round!

Eh, if they get a little luck (i.e. Wade can play 60+ games at a high level), I think they have as good a shot as anyone in the East. Certainly think they're probably a top 3 team given the turmoil in Atlanta:

Dragic/Napier
Wade
Deng/Winslow
Bosh/McBob/Haslem
Whiteside

Not a terrible top 9...obviously hinges on Wade staying healthy though.

Top Bottom