• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Gigglepoo

Well, Love with Mosgov/Thompson is a stronger lineup than pairing the two offensive-deficient players together. Still, Love has to seriously improve his defense if he's going to stay on the court. The Heat wouldn't have won a single title had Bosh not risen to a premier defender. Love is still a negative on that end of the court. And trying to win with two negatives (Kyrie is only slightly better than Lillard) is tough, especially as LeBron gets older.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Bobby Marks
‏@BobbyMarks42
Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson salary in 2015-16 combined is close to PHI entire roster this season. Not critical of 76ers but wow.

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/616314798616260608

Brooklyn Nets all over again. I applaud Lebron for making Gilbert pay out the ass for his comic sans letter.

Hilariously, the owners have ONLY themselves to blame for this mess. If they hadn't instituted the CBA and added a max salary and screwed the players so hard - the players wouldn't control FA like they currently do.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
When's the we were within 2 games of winning banner going up?

Well, whoever said Warrior fans wouldn't be obnoxious if they won a title owes me $5.

Anyway, the one good thing about this off season so far is the lack of drama. Guys are making their decisions quickly. I hate when shit gets drawn out. We need LMA to agree by the end of the week.

Somebody with more time and energy than me, go find all those people that thought Love was for sure on the outbound train.

Like Love was really going to go play for the Lakers.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Somebody with more time and energy than me, go find all those people that thought Love was for sure on the outbound train.

Like Love was really going to go play for the Lakers.

Love said all along that he was coming back to Cavs. I think it was just the media trying to stir up trouble and drama.

Approximately five minutes after the first post you make in an NBA GAF thread that isn't somehow loaded with salt about LeBron James and/or otherwise shitty trolling.

So never.

Whose salty? I got to witness a good team beat Leclown shames and his group of overpaid goons. Now I get to sit here and watch them throw money away while Cleveland fans repeat the age old mantra of "we'll get it next year"

This is all great comedy for me right now and I'm soaking it in.

Love said all along that he was coming back to Cavs. I think it was just the media trying to stir up trouble and drama.

Correct, he has always been consistent on this. The 5 years somewhat surprises me, I thought he might at least do a 1 and 1 to get back into the pool next year, but the point about his injuries is also pertinent and might have motivated him to get that long term security.

dream

Anyway, the one good thing about this off season so far is the lack of drama. Guys are making their decisions quickly. I hate when shit gets drawn out. We need LMA to agree by the end of the week.

Agreed. It's a stark contrast to what next year will undoubtedly look like, when Durant starts hamming it up, talking about going home to talk to his mommy and praying to his lord for guidance.

Cheebo

Banned
Cavs think they can just buy a championship. How sad.

They have just bought themselves an Eastern Conference Championship however. I mean who else is there in the East that would even remotely be a threat to a healthy Lebron/Love/Kyrie/Mosgov?

If the Spurs face the Cavs in 2016 and beat Lebron again...oh my.

CI2aaVaWcAA4Kql.jpg

lul

Sifl

Please Phil, just trade for Lee's and Hibbert's contracts and some picks and call it a day. Let the Lakers sign Harris and Monroe.

You will get R Lopez and like it

Give me both of them and let me bask in mediocrity.

"RFA Jae Crowder is progressing in discussions to re-sign with the Boston Celtics, league sources tell RealGM. Could still prolong some." - @ShamsCharania

Who needs Love anyways?

Love had a chance to be something special. Now he'll forever be remembered as "That one white guy who was on the Cavs when they lost a bunch of Finals in a row...no not Delly, the other one"

Congrats Sun fans:

Brandon Knight has agreed to a five-year deal worth $70 million to stay with the Phoenix Suns, sources told ESPN's Jeff Goodman. The deal contains no option years for Knight, who averaged 17 points the past two seasons.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 49s49 seconds ago
Sources: Spurs made a powerful presentation to Aldridge by keeping it simple today. They did nothing to change belief they're frontrunners.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
They have just bought themselves an Eastern Conference Championship however. I mean who else is there in the East that would even remotely be a threat to a healthy Lebron/Love/Kyrie/Mosgov?

If the Spurs face the Cavs in 2016 and beat Lebron again...oh my.

Lebron / Love / Kyrie / Mozgov / TT / some guard is pretty rough; but a fully healthy Bulls team (Gasol / Noah / Gibson / Mirotic / Butler / Rose) is pretty damn terrifying as well. If McDermott does anything....oooh boy.

Frontcourt rotation of Gasol / Noah / Gibson + Portis, McDermott + Mirotic at SF, and Butler + Rose as your guards. Could go super big against teams and wreck them.

Cheebo

Banned
Honestly though, isn't it refreshing to live in an era of the NBA where free agents nor the public give a shit about the Lakers? Just being the Lakers no longer holds cache it seems.

Top Bottom