• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
PHX isn't getting LMA I'd think. Spurs is a good as locked at this point it seems.

LMA doesn't want to play Center. SA does have the problem where he's stuck playing center possibly (seeing as they just traded Splitter). Phx does have the super nice allure of playing with an actual center all of a sudden.

Also, the assumption is now that Cavs are gonna keep Shump / JR Smith / Delly, and get a player for the Haywood non-guaranteed contract (so a player worth 10.5 mil). Would imagine you're going for a SG.

Celtics making big moves:

Free agent forward Amir Johnson has agreed to a deal with the Boston Celtics, league source tells Yahoo Sports. - Woj

Plan the parade!

LMA doesn't want to play Center. SA does have the problem where he's stuck playing center possibly (seeing as they just traded Splitter). Phx does have the super nice allure of playing with an actual center all of a sudden.

LMA on the Spurs would primarily be playing 4, Duncan and Baynes will split most of the minutes at the 5

Also, the assumption is now that Cavs are gonna keep Shump / JR Smith / Delly, and get a player for the Haywood non-guaranteed contract (so a player worth 10.5 mil). Would imagine you're going for a SG.

all I want out of the Haywood contract at this point is a backup 3 or 1 who isn't a 500 year old eldritch abomination

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Oh man, if Aldridge signed with the Suns, and then DJ signed with the Lakers... that would be glorious. 3 playoff teams in the west would look much weaker....

spyder_ur

I expect the Pistons to offer him whatever deal he could want. It's his home state and where he played 4 years of college ball.

He'll still end at Warriors due to be a RFA. But with a deal to take advantage of the big payday coming with the new TV deal.

The Pistons won't offer it just to offer it - the problem with doing that is that you tie up your cap space possibly for 3 days.

I feel like Green's situation is a little more simple than most. He'll get the max either from the Dubs or another team and the Dubs will match. Keep in mind he hasn't made a ton of money in his career to date.

Free agent forward Amir Johnson has agreed to a deal with the Boston Celtics, league source tells Yahoo Sports. - Woj

Plan the parade!

We're back in it baby! I like Johnson, but PF isn't exactly the biggest need. I guess he replaces some of what Bass brought. I'll wait to hear the terms.

Edit: Two years, $24M. That feels like a lot, but short years for both he and Jerebko. Literally everyone is getting paid - this is nuts. Being a FA must be the best right now.

Plan the parade!

Sorry celts fans. Most raps folks were reluctant to pay him $6, per year for three years.

$24 over two years is...shocking.

Holy Shit! Your team was on the brink of losing the Finals to Lebron James and a bunch of scrubs and you still are talking shit! Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson are now considered throwing money away? I hope the Cavs have a rematch with the bitch made warriors and their fan base again next June

lol, keep hope alive Cleveland.

Cheebo

Banned
The Pistons won't offer it just to offer it - the problem with doing that is that you tie up your cap space possibly for 3 days.

I think they'd be over-joyed to take him despite the remote chance of him taking it. I can see them taking the risk and throwing him a max deal.

Sorry celts fans. Most raps folks were reluctant to pay him $6, per year for three years.

It's an overpay but it's only 2 years and Gerald Wallace comes off the books next year anyways so it's not too bad. Plus it means we can finally move on from Bass.

RedAssedApe

Banned
seems applicable here. all these dudes getting paid...lol

iOkTnNiBm6qHT.gif

What he provides does not outweigh the possibility of resigning Whiteside and making a FA play for Durant next summer. What I am saying is that Wade is not worth what he is asking for. 20/5/5 is just some arbitrary, meaningless standard (especially when you can't stay healthy enough to do it for a full season). Tyreke Evans put up 20/5/5 as a rookie, what did that end up meaning for him?

I'm not even sure that 20/5/5 is the right standard for excellence. I bet players like Jeremy Lin, Deron Williams, and Mo Gotti could put those numbers up if they tried.

i cant get past this foolishness, Wade is 24/6/5 for his career. The only time he has averaged less that 20 points was his rookie year and 2013. but i get it anybody can do it right.... GTFOOH

They can match any offer on Green. At worst he remembers this when his next contract comes around and leaves.

Yeah I think worst case scenario for the Warriors is that Green takes a QO and signs for one more year, but becomes a unrestricted free agent next season, like what Monroe did, but either way Dray will be a warrior next season.

I think they'd be over-joyed to take him despite the remote chance of him taking it. I can see them taking the risk and throwing him a max deal.

Imagine Draymond in the weak east. On a very tough minded pistons team.

If Detroit can sign him you can bet they'll jump on it. They could make a restricted free agent offer, and frontload the deal so as to mess with the Golden State salary cap.

If Greg Monroe is leaving than the pistons have a good shot at Green, cap wise.

xHiryu

Got Jimmy and Dunleavy back, good news that the core will basically stick together for at least another year (dat Noah contract). All we need is a backup PG since our wing situation is finally somewhat stable, although would trade Snell and a pick for Gerald Green. Gimme dem highlights son, I can only imagine a fastbreak with Rose, Butler and Green. Straight filth.

ggreen.gif

spyder_ur

It does seem like a ton of money, but this whole day has messed with my understanding of valuing players. It's nuts - guys who would have in the past been in line for mid-level deals are getting near 8-10M.

Who is Dunleavy's agent and how wasn't be able to get him $5M per?

If Detroit can sign him you can bet they'll jump on it. They could make a restricted free agent offer, and frontload the deal so as to mess with the Golden State salary cap.

Honestly I feel as if Draymond Green is a perfect fit for the Warriors but if he ends up on another team, especially one like the Pistons, it's going to end up being a big mess.

Cheebo

Banned

That's exactly what I think Detroit will do. Offer Draymond the max, and in a way to fuck over Golden State as much as possible.

I suspect GS will bite the bullet and take it of course, but still Detroit is taking the chance even if its a 1% chance.

dream

i cant get past this foolishness, Wade is 24/6/5 for his career. The only time he has averaged less that 20 points was his rookie year and 2013. but i get it anybody can do it right.... GTFOOH

Jeremy Lin was averaging 26ppg too back when he had the green light to shoot. 20ppg is a pretty pedestrian number for volume shooters.

Talk about foolishness. You don't pay guys for what they did in the past. You pay them for what they are now. If Wade is so valuable explain to me why you aren't hearing even a whiff of rumors about some of the "smarter" front offices in the league making a play for him? Why aren't the Spurs kicking the tires on him as a Manu replacement? Why aren't the Mavs inquiring on Wade to fill the massive hole in their backcourt? Why isn't there even the slightest sign of any Wade to Atlanta or Indy talk? Who is the only other teams really being thrown around (and probably as a smoke screen by his agent)? Knicks and Lakers. That by itself is very telling.

Jeremy Lin was averaging 26ppg too back when he had the green light to shoot. 20ppg is a pretty pedestrian number for volume shooters.

at no point in his career did Jeremy Lin avg 26 points per game. And definitely not for over 12 years.... try harder.

spyder_ur

Jeremy Lin averaged 20ppg for like a month. Wade has a body of work behind him and still scores efficiently. I get the trepidation, but you can't discount the player.

Honestly I feel as if Draymond Green is a perfect fit for the Warriors but if he ends up on another team, especially one like the Pistons, it's going to end up being a big mess.

I would normally agree, if they didn't have a good coach. But they have Stan there, who's an amazing strategist in can deal with difficult personalities.

it's an extremely intimidating squad in terms of personalities. Lots of tough guys. Consider tayshaun, Drummond, Jennings, Reggie Jackson, caldwell-pope, and then add Draymond. Wow and didn't they also sign Ilyasova? Before Kidd got to the Bucks, he was a strong forward with solid numbers.

and remember every single one of those guys I just listed is certainly tradeable, maybe with the exception of Reggie Jackson, should this roster not work out.

Talk about foolishness. You don't pay guys for what they did in the past. You pay them for what they are now. If Wade is so valuable explain to me why you aren't hearing even a whiff of rumors about some of the "smarter" front offices in the league making a play for him? Why aren't the Spurs kicking the tires on him as a Manu replacement? Why aren't the Mavs inquiring on Wade to fill the massive hole in their backcourt? Why isn't there even the slightest sign of any Wade to Atlanta or Indy talk? Who is the only other teams really being thrown around (and probably as a smoke screen by his agent)? Knicks and Lakers. That by itself is very telling.

Wade avg 22 ppg last season and no one is going to try for him because you can't lowball him. Well that and the fact that he's going to remain in MIA... you guys...

Top Bottom