• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Honestly though, isn't it refreshing to live in an era of the NBA where free agents nor the public give a shit about the Lakers? Just being the Lakers no longer holds cache it seems.

People forget that they outbid the Magic for Shaq. Max salaries definitely helps things. They traded for Gasol, drafted Bynum, and they traded for Howard.

Brandon Knight is really good, but man...70 million...

What happens to Bledsoe now?

5 years / 70 million is gonna be a steal if he's healthy. People, the cap is going up to 105 million in two years. It's 67 now. Think about the percentages. Steiny-mo is saying Suns are intending to keep Bledsoe and do Bledsoe + Knight as their guards.

Also - Chandler to the Suns, as part of the pitch to LaMarcus Aldridge.

Honestly though, isn't it refreshing to live in an era of the NBA where free agents nor the public give a shit about the Lakers? Just being the Lakers no longer holds cache it seems.

It's Kobe. Once he retires they will not have any issues luring top level FAs

Tyson Chandler has agreed to a deal with the Suns, league source tells Yahoo Sports. - Woj

I guess DeAndre's going to the Mavs.

More Woj:

The Suns are bringing Tyson Chandler into the meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge as part of their pitch, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Tyson Chandler has agreed to a deal with the Suns, league source tells Yahoo Sports. - Woj

More Woj:

The Suns are bringing Tyson Chandler into the meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge as part of their pitch, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Does eliminating the sign and trade hurt the Mavs chances with Jordan? Can they offer him a max straight up?

Kickz

More Woj:

Well damn thats big news

Hinkie is prolly jumping in joy that his pick will prolly be worth a lot more if these bigs aren't going to LA.

If you don't think a team starting Robert Sacre, three rookies, Kobe and Coached by Byron Scott can get into the top 3 of the lottery you are sorely mistaken. Burn it all down, Mitch!

spyder_ur

Well, whoever said Warrior fans wouldn't be obnoxious if they won a title owes me $5.

Anyway, the one good thing about this off season so far is the lack of drama. Guys are making their decisions quickly. I hate when shit gets drawn out. We need LMA to agree by the end of the week.

Agreed. It's a stark contrast to what next year will undoubtedly look like, when Durant starts hamming it up, talking about going home to talk to his mommy and praying to his lord for guidance.

It is nice. Last year nothing happened at all while we all waited on LeBron, and Bosh to a far lesser extent.

I have a feeling we will hear about Aldridge pretty soon. I kind of feel bad for the Blazers. They did alot of things well, built a pretty damn good team and it looks like it'll fall apart very quickly.

Knicks and Lakers fans must be going pretty crazy.

Cheebo

Banned
Holy Shit. Draymond on the market? Seems like the universe just wants the Spurs destined to win the Western conference next week.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So we're really going to sit on our ass and wait for DeAndre Jordan to make a decision on something we all already know is going to be either Dallas or the Clippers... all the while young talent and proven vets are still on the table ready to be scooped up. Brilliant.

I don't know who I should be blaming for this exactly, but I'll just default to Jimmy Buss. Fuck you Jim Buss, you did this.

bender

What time is it?

More Woj:

If the Mavs miss on DeAndre...

Jarate

Banned
If you don't think a team starting Robert Sacre, three rookies, Kobe and Coached by Byron Scott can get into the top 3 of the lottery you are sorely mistaken. Burn it all down, Mitch!
I don't even think that it matters or not, the pick has way more value now then it did when they initially drafted Russell

Now the pick is worth a lot more to other teams, and is still good trade bait.

Whats the protection on that pick?
I think it's top 3 for 2 more years and then unprotected

CI2gbb-WsAAlRa0.png

Wizman23

Banned
Whose salty? I got to witness a good team beat Leclown shames and his group of overpaid goons. Now I get to sit here and watch them throw money away while Cleveland fans repeat the age old mantra of "we'll get it next year"

This is all great comedy for me right now and I'm soaking it in.

Holy Shit! Your team was on the brink of losing the Finals to Lebron James and a bunch of scrubs and you still are talking shit! Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson are now considered throwing money away? I hope the Cavs have a rematch with the bitch made warriors and their fan base again next June

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
sad thing is - Jordan on the Lakers would be pretty terrifying.

Jordan + Randle + Russell is a pretty good core to build around.

Sifl

They can match any offer on Green. At worst he remembers this when his next contract comes around and leaves.

Holy Shit! Your team was on the brink of losing the Finals to Lebron James and a bunch of scrubs and you still are talking shit! Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson are now considered throwing money away? I hope the Cavs have a rematch with the bitch made warriors and their fan base again next June

are we really sure he actually has a team

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
So does this mean they tried to go too low for him? I assume he wants to come back if the money is right.

I'm assuming he got a max offer - so in that case he may want player options to head into FA after a couple of years to get that sweet new cap money.

Fjordson

I'm assuming he got a max offer - so in that case he may want player options to head into FA after a couple of years to get that sweet new cap money.
Ooh interesting, didn't think of that. So maybe the money wasn't awful, but the structure was.

Which I guess fits into what Lyle was saying with another team doing the negotiating for us. Damn.

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick now21 seconds ago
One note on potential Wade contract that I mentioned on radio: multiple sources have mentioned shoe deal incentives to playing 4 more yrs.

spyder_ur

I really don't think Draymond is going anywhere. Breaking off contract talks doesn't mean forever and they still have his rights - these things happen. I also don't see a natural landing spot for him unless the Lakers or Knicks go nuts. He's just so perfect there.

Cheebo

Banned
I really don't think Draymond is going anywhere. Breaking off contract talks doesn't mean forever and they still have his rights - these things happen. I also don't see a natural landing spot for him unless the Lakers or Knicks go nuts. He's just so perfect there.

I expect the Pistons to offer him whatever deal he could want. It's his home state and where he played 4 years of college ball.

He'll still end at Warriors due to be a RFA. But with a deal to take advantage of the big payday coming with the new TV deal.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Woah..if Phx signs LMA as well...look at that team

Guards - Bledsoe and Knight
Frontcourt - Chandler, LMA, Morris Twins, Alex Len

Daaang - there are a SF away from having all-stars at every starting position?

Cheebo

Banned
Woah..if Phx signs LMA as well...look at that team

Guards - Bledsoe and Knight
Frontcourt - Chandler, LMA, Morris Twins, Alex Len

Daaang - there are a SF away from having all-stars at every starting position?

PHX isn't getting LMA I'd think. Spurs is a good as locked at this point it seems.

Top Bottom