• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

OctoMan

Banned
What about Gasol and the Lakers? We haven't heard a word from his camp yet. Tell Kobe the band is back together. I'm sure he wouldn't notice the difference.

Talon

I'm sure this is appealing to LMA. Or Deandre. Or anyone.
CI265vJWEAUfkhM.png

I'm sure this is appealing to LMA. Or Deandre. Or anyone.
CI265vJWEAUfkhM.png

He's gone after a year, but I can see why that would still create doubt for a guy who is 30 and might only have 3-4 prime years left. DeAndre is 26 though hopefully it doesn't sway him as much. Still not sure why Kobe was even at the meeting. That's not a good way to send the message that you are building for the "post-Kobe" era.

Into

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 29s29 seconds ago More LMA: He and Kobe didn't quite gel. It's a little vague, but Aldridge apparently didn't quite get answers from Kobe he was seeking.

Incomming "nobody wants to play with Kobe" and "Kobe: Star or Cancer of Los Angeles Lakers"

Fjordson

Steph is only making $11 millon over the next 2 seasons. He better hope he stays healthy so he can cash in on a Anthony Davis style deal with the higher cap numbers.
I just hope the front office doesn't try anything cute and just comes out the gate with all the money they can for him.

I'm just wondering what he even goes back to? They're already out of Batum, could be losing Matthews and possibly Afflalo. How is that a better alternative?

An extra $30 million and the lifetime adoration of a crazed fanbase? I mean, it's easy to say "turn down the money for a chance to win" but when that extra dough is sitting there on a contract I'm sure it's harder for these guys to just walk away from it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Thomas ‏@tommy_t_256 57s58 seconds ago Florida, USA
.@bomani_jones LA: "When you get doubled, where should I go, high post?" Kobe: "Doubled? I'm still open. You roll to the glass big dog."

:lol :lol :lol

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
So the question now is who does Cleveland face in the finals next season?

I don't think it is a given that Cle makes it to the finals; two of your big three players have a history of injuries, and there are a few contenders in the East / teams that could make the leap

ATL: if they keep everyone + get Splitter - that could be a formidable team.
CHI: As always, if Rose gets back to MVP form - this is probably the most talented team in the NBA easily
WAS: If John Wall continues to make the leap
MIA: If somehow everyone stays healthy, that starting 5 + top 2 is a little bananas. Whiteside / Bosh / Winslow & Deng / Wade / Dragic...holy crap.

Bread

Banned
I don't think it is a given that Cle makes it to the finals; two of your big three players have a history of injuries, and there are a few contenders in the East / teams that could make the leap

CHI: As always, if Rose gets back to MVP form - this is probably the most talented team in the NBA easily
MIA: If somehow everyone stays healthy, that starting 5 + top 2 is a little bananas. Whiteside / Bosh / Winslow & Deng / Wade / Dragic...holy crap.
they already lost Carroll and Millsap might be on his way out...so that's not happening.

Careful folks, there is a fake tweet out there about the Pistons offering Draymond 5 years @ $90 million.

I am sure they'll make some offer but haven't yet.

demolitio

Go figure; Love did what most rational people thought he would do and not what countless numbnuts on the internet and Jalen Rose thought he would do.

This is going to be one insane luxury tax for the Cavs.

No team in the east is beating a healthy Cavs team in the playoffs. Obviously this changes if players are banged up again, but you can say that about any team.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Not the fact that they are giving them out its the quality of players getting them. I mean wow some players average 13 points a game and BOOM 70 million contract (I know not max) but close enough. I missed the days you had to prove your worth in the league.

They're getting paid relatively the same percentage wise as they were in the past; it's just you're going from a 67 million dollar cap to a 109 million dollar cap in two years.

That 5/70 contract, for instance, is 14 million a year. Which will be 12.8% of the cap in two years. That same salary on the current cap is 8.6 million a year. So a 5/70 deal now is the equivalent of a 5/43 two years ago.

RedAssedApe

Banned
@ESPNSteinLine 35m35 minutes ago

Note from a traveling @ramonashelburne: While Aldridge was undeniably cool on Lakers' pitch source says LMA hasn't formally told LA it's out

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 14m14 minutes ago

There was no talk of black swans or white swans;) Kobe just said he thought they'd be great together & compared it to the game he & Pau ran
Details

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 19m19 minutes ago

Told that Aldridge asked @kobebryant how he thought they would play together and Kobe compared it to his dynamic w/ Pau.
Details

hope! lol

Into

I wanna see Westbrook's face in 2 years when Adam Levine or the decomposing carcass of Jack Nickholson walks in the Laker meeting to sell him on the Lakers.

Actually nevermind, i know excatly the face he would do.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Pro-tip: when questioning if the Cavs can come out of the east, citing health concerns, it's best not to counter with the Bulls.

I'm an optimistic bulls fan; I can dreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmm.

Also, as awesome as Thibs was, we might actually have rested players in the playoffs for once.

Fjordson

Yeah, I love Rose, but he's just as brittle as Kyrie.

I wanna see Westbrook's face in 2 years when Adam Levine or the decomposing carcass of Jack Nickholson walks in the Laker meeting to sell him on the Lakers.

Actually nevermind, i know excatly the face he would do.
sabu.png

Talon

"Lakers are "stunned" to hear how coolly their presentation was received by LMA. I spoke to 3-4 folks last night who felt good about it." - Ramona Shelburne

LOLAKERS

All the shit LMA didn't care about will probably be the stuff DeAndre will eat up. Just tell Kobe to sit this one out though. He'll probably call out Jordan on his FT shooting or something.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 6m6 minutes ago
For Suns, wise move bringing new assistant Earl Watson to Aldridge meeting. Close with LMA, highly-respected. Suns made good impression.

But is he Duncan?

Kickz

"Lakers are "stunned" to hear how coolly their presentation was received by LMA. I spoke to 3-4 folks last night who felt good about it." - Ramona Shelburne

LOLAKERS

Just give Kobe 4yrs 80 mill and be done with it. Come on Jimmy you know what needs to be done

Pro-tip: when questioning if the Cavs can come out of the east, citing health concerns, it's best not to counter with the Bulls.

People seem to forget a gimped Cavs team beat them missing Kyrie and Love, not to forget Mike Miller actually starting a game. Plus with Thibs gone, can't see the Bulls playing the level of D they were before.

zychi

Banned
People seem to forget a gimped Cavs team beat them while missing Kyrie and Love, not to forget Mike Miller actually starting a game.
A gimped Bulls team too.

Gasol, Noah and Butler weren't 100%. Its a different team this year with an offensive minded coach.

That series was a clusterfuck of no offense.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
Sources: Cavaliers restricted free agent Iman Shumpert will start taking meetings with teams. So far, unable to reach deal with Cleveland.

Top Bottom