• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Sifl

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
Sources: Cavaliers restricted free agent Iman Shumpert will start taking meetings with teams. So far, unable to reach deal with Cleveland.
We should resign Lin, Novakaine, Fields, Shumpert, J.R and Bargnani. The return of #Knickstape

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
Sources: Cavaliers restricted free agent Iman Shumpert will start taking meetings with teams. So far, unable to reach deal with Cleveland.

Shumpert to the Knicks, who don't remember that they had him, let alone traded him away.

In reality, the Cavs are probably going to let the market set the price and decide if they want to watch.

Wynnebeck

Banned
LA going to Phx and DJ coming to Lakers would be high octane fuckery.

basketball gods pls

I'll sacrifice an indiscriminate number of goats and oxen to God if we can still pull DJ to LA. LMA is a lost cause and honestly probably wouldn't have worked. We can make it work with DJ.

Shumpert to the Knicks, who don't remember that they had him, let alone traded him away.

In reality, the Cavs are probably going to let the market set the price and decide if they want to watch.

Nice young wing like Shump, is what we gave up Dion for (even getting rid of Dion WAS addition by subtraction) a healthy Shump too we never even got to see. We really need to match whatever he gets, although I have a sinking feeling it's going to be something terrible and we're gonna get more "lul cavs tax" commentary :p

Mavs now head into their meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge. Feels like equivalent of running out a ground ball to second base. 36m

Source says Mavs' meeting with DeAndre Jordan "went really well," per source. Of course, they all do. But Mavs are cautiously optimistic. 38m

Mavs still have decent shot to hit on Plan A (DeAndre Jordan, Wes Matthews). But Plan B and C are kaput. 33m

Guess Mavs are out of the LMA sweepstake too, huh?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 9m9 minutes ago
Says once source close to the talks: Phoenix has moved into a contending position alongside San Antonio in the LaMarcus Aldridge Sweepstakes

Man, yeah, Dirk deserved better. Cuban should've kept Tyson around after they got their ring instead of getting cheap and they could've had a shot at a repeat.

Dirk was Godlike in the 2011 playoffs, dude deserved better.

Says once source close to the talks: Phoenix has moved into a contending position alongside San Antonio in the LaMarcus Aldridge Sweepstakes

Cuban should have completed his plan to Blow up the Sun
s
while he had the chance.

Let's see if anyone gets that reference. :p

bender

What time is it?
Man, yeah, Dirk deserved better. Cuban should've kept Tyson around after they got their ring instead of getting cheap and they could've had a shot at a repeat.

Dirk was Godlike in the 2011 playoffs, dude deserved better.

We've tossed aside Tyson twice now. Poor Dirk.

Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania now34 seconds ago
Free agent Paul Millsap has reached agreement with Atlanta on a likely two-year deal, third year option, league source tells RealGM.

Tom Penny

I want to find out how much Ainge low balled Harris after signing Amir to 12m. At least they are one year deals..that's all I can tell myself.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Please let this happen.

please please please please please please please please please

jbug617

Banned
Free agent Paul Millsap has reached agreement with Atlanta on a likely two-year deal, third year option, league source tells RealGM.

@ShamsCharania 3m3 minutes ago

Paul Millsap's new deal with the Hawks will be $58 million-plus over next three years, league sources tell RealGM.

dream

lol

Damian Lillard
@Dame_Lillard

We've built something great in #RipCity... Would love to continue that playing along side @aldridge_12 ... Sure our team feels the same! 1h

That's some ex-girlfriend shit right there.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
if Lamarcus signs with Phx and DJ stays a Clipper I'll write this free agency off as a success.

Watching SA and Dallas burn is enough to last me another season of LOLAKER ball.

jmizzal

Was he really offered 80 mil and passed it up? No way he thinks he is gonna cash out in 2 years, I dont think he will be that valuable by then dude is already 30

if Lamarcus signs with Phx and DJ stays a Clipper I'll write this free agency off as a success.

Watching SA and Dallas burn is enough to last me another season of LOLAKER ball.
Dallas probably, but the Spurs will just plug in another foreign center and be right back in the mix of things.

lol lol lol He's going to the Spurs and you know it. Duncan,LMA,Green, Leonard and Parker and Pop. What else is there to discuss?

He's only taking the Spurs meeting to tell Duncan to his face that he's a bitch then he's gonna rip his shirt off in the middle of the restaurant to reveal a Laker jersey underneath while his agent pulls out a boom box and starts playing the Stone Cold Steve Austin theme song.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I know it's unrealistic but I just wanted the stars to align so Kobe could get #6 before he's finally done. Looks like hell just run up stats as Lakers tank again this year and let his contract expire. :(

Kobe re-signing for 3 more years.

When hes the only one who would think about playing here, I could see that. We can't pull anyone.

Now. Im not upset we didn't get LA, hes 30.

I don't like older big men. But the fact that we can't get anyone, is hilarious.

So the Lakers told me they had a shitty team to save cap space for free agents. where are the free agents Jim, Mitch?

So you will tell me that the Lakers will suck again this year to save cap space for next summer where they will once again sign no one.

Nice.

Cheebo

Banned
I know it's unrealistic but I just wanted the stars to align so Kobe could get #6 before he's finally done. Looks like hell just run up stats as Lakers tank again this year and let his contract expire. :(
Even if they got everyone they could get in FA there was no chance in how stacked the west is.

Sifl

Frank Isola
@FisolaNYD
What if it comes down to the Lakers or Knicks for Greg Monroe and Monroe says to Jeanie Buss "what would you do?" Oh boy.

Franky Ice tweeting garbage as usual.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
He's only taking the Spurs meeting to tell Duncan to his face that he's a bitch then he's gonna rip his shirt off in the middle of the restaurant to reveal a Laker jersey underneath while his agent pulls out a boom box and starts playing the Stone Cold Steve Austin theme song.
if DJ signs with us (not gonna happen) I will yell out "DEANDRE WAS THE THIRD MAN" and I'm blasting the NWO theme all damn day.

h1nch

Spur retaining Danny Green was huge. If they miss out on LMA it's not the end of the world. Splitter is hurt most of the time anyway so they're used to playing without him. They can find a serviceable body to stick at the 5. Rest of the core group is still intact.

Sources say a man in a hood caused quite a stir during the Lakers meeting with LaMarcus. He apparently was moody, confrontational, and seemingly got on the nerves of both the Lakers' front office and their prized free agent target. Towards the end, he dropped the hood, revealing himself to be Kobe Bryant. "It's me, Aldridge! It was me all along!"

Top Bottom