• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Tobias Harris... just wait this shit out, fam. The Lakers will soon realize what the entire world already knows; DJ ain't coming here. Just wait it out until tomorrow night and you will be a god damn Laker.

Tobias pls

Spur retaining Danny Green was huge. If they miss out on LMA it's not the end of the world. Splitter is hurt most of the time anyway so they're used to playing without him. They can find a serviceable body to stick at the 5. Rest of the core group is still intact.

Robin Lopez and Omer Asik are rubbing their hands together like Birdman waiting for desperate teams to pay their asses. Finding a "serviceable" 5 ain't exactly a gimme. But hey maybe Rasho Nesterovic is available.

Tom Penny

Tobias Harris... just wait this shit out, fam. The Lakers will soon realize what the entire world already knows; DJ ain't coming here. Just wait it out until tomorrow night and you will be a god damn Laker.

Tobias pls

Celtics and Lakers suck so bad they both want Harris as a consolation:(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How is this going to work out?

Paul
Redick
Stephenson
Pierce
Griffin?

That'd be getting a little carried away with the small-ball trend...

They need actual NBA players on their bench. Biggest reason for the choke last year was because they literally had no bench at all. Pierce will play like 20-25 mins a night.

Fjordson

Doc making phone calls.

Also Cassidy looking nice on ESPN
Cassidy Hubbarth
full

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Damn I miss Andrew Bynum. I sometimes think he didn't get enough credit. When he was healthy he was a beast center.
Kid was a monster and was always getting better. If Bynum was healthy throughout his tenure in LA we wouldn't even be in this predicament. He'd be our star player and FA's would be jumping to come here. Period.

I'd even go so far as to say he'd be the best center in the game right now.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Holy crap, I just realized how many former Celtics are on that Clipper roster now.

Doc getting the band back together? Still trying to see if he can go undefeated with his 09 starting 5 line-up and shit?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Holy crap, I just realized how many former Celtics are on that Clipper roster now.

Doc getting the band back together? Still trying to see if he can go undefeated with his 09 starting 5 line-up and shit?

JJ, Hedo, Big Baby, Barnes. Last years Clippers squad was heavy on former Magic players.

explains why they choked

Tom Penny

Celtics starting lineup last year never lost a playoff series until they played the Cavs.

Doc remains a terrible GM btw.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 20s20 seconds ago
Iman Shumpert has agreed to a deal with Cleveland, league source tells Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 21s22 seconds ago
Iman Shumpert has agreed to a four-year, $40M contract to remain with the Cavaliers, league source tells Yahoo.

that luxury tax is gonna be a BEAST

Doc remains a terrible GM btw.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 20s20 seconds ago
Iman Shumpert has agreed to a deal with Cleveland, league source tells Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 21s22 seconds ago
Iman Shumpert has agreed to a four-year, $40M contract to remain with the Cavaliers, league source tells Yahoo.

that luxury tax is gonna be a BEAST

Dan Gilbert is going to have to rip off some more poor home owners to be able to pay the luxury tax on this roster.

dream

Doc even had Nate in a Clips jersey for while...

Dummy Doc should have had Pierce last year

I still think KG and Pierce would have been on the clippers had the nba not "banned" trades between the celtics/clippers after the doc trade

I love that the Raptor Killer has gone to the west coast.

He can say hi to Steph Curry and James Harden for me.

#bestcanadadayever

and lmao at shump signing for 40m

LBJesus wrote the contract, forced the believers to sign him

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 36s37 seconds ago
Cavs salaries (rounded) next season: LJ (22 assumed), KL (19?), KI (15), TT (15), IS (10), AV (10), TM (5), MM (3), JH (1). $100M. So far.

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 49s49 seconds ago
That accounting doesn't include Haywood's non-guaranteed $10.5M, still likely to be flipped for something. Or Dellavedova or minimum guys.

good god.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I love that the Raptor Killer has gone to the west coast.

He can say hi to Steph Curry and James Harden for me.

#bestcanadadayever

and lmao at shump signing for 40m

LBJesus wrote the contract, forced the believers to sign him

Lebron is gonna make Gilbert pay for that letter he wrote. He and his boys are getting PAID.

The end result in the East next year is going to be the same except the Bulls and Cavs will meet in the conference finals where Lebron will take their souls again.

Gigglepoo

Man, I miss Simmons.. He just tweeted this story.

Wrote Simmons: "Biggest summer mistake was the Clips signing Hawes instead of Pierce (who wanted to go to LA). Pretty sure they'd do that one over."

Clippers Coach Doc Rivers addressed Simmons' statement at Friday's practice, and apparently they wouldn't do anything over.

"He's got it wrong and that's all I'll say," Rivers said.

The end result in the East next year is going to be the same except the Bulls and Cavs will meet in the conference finals where Lebron will take their souls again.

Miami's got a great starting 5 (if Whiteside doesn't turn out a to be a one year wonder) that I'd probably put right up there with Chicago. They might need to make a trade or two to reinforce their bench though.

Gigglepoo

There's a bunch of teams who could make the ECF (Chicago, Miami, Indiana, Atlanta, Washington, Milwaukee, Toronto). If LeBron is healthy, the Cavs are the only team who has a shot of coming out of it, though.

Really nice to have Butler back in the fold but even sweeter that asshole LeClown isn't able to recruit Bulls players.

Win-win day, too bad the Bulls are out of money.

There's a bunch of teams who could make the ECF (Chicago, Miami, Indiana, Atlanta, Washington, Milwaukee, Toronto). If LeBron is healthy, the Cavs are the only team who has a shot of coming out of it, though.

Toronto got worse, Washington got worse, Atlanta got worse, Indiana is a dumpster fire as long as Roy Hibbert is moping around.

Miami's starting five is exciting, but they're even more likely to be hit by injuries than CLE or CHI and they have no bench.

I'll give you that Milwaukee is probably the team most likely to make a jump ahead of CHI, especially with Jabari back for a full season.

There's also a decent chance that Hoiberg ends up being a terrible fucking coach and the Bulls turning into Brooklyn of the last couple years.

There's also a decent chance that Hoiberg ends up being a terrible fucking coach and the Bulls turning into Brooklyn of the last couple years.

What if he's good though??????????????????????????????

:O

In truth, I get Trestman vibes from him.

An intellectual with Xs and Os and we know how that turned out.

Will be funny if gym coach beer drinker Fox leads the Bears to something special.

Top Bottom