• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Toronto got worse, Washington got worse, Atlanta got worse, Indiana is a dumpster fire as long as Roy Hibbert is moping around.

Miami's starting five is exciting, but they're even more likely to be hit by injuries than CLE or CHI and they have no bench.

I'll give you that Milwaukee is probably the team most likely to make a jump ahead of CHI, especially with Jabari back for a full season.

There's also a decent chance that Hoiberg ends up being a terrible fucking coach and the Bulls turning into Brooklyn of the last couple years.
Yeah, unless there's some crazy turnaround later in FA, the East only got weaker if anything. Miami and Chicago are the top threats to Cavs, and they need some luck to go their way (health for both teams, and Hoiberg turning out to be a real deal coach).

RedAssedApe

Banned
if LMA to Phoenix is a real possibility...come on DJ come to LA lol

The Lakers today was the first meeting I've ever heard of go "bad".

naw...anytime a FA you want decides to sign elsewhere your meeting went "bad"

i.e. in recent memory Carmelo, Dwight (still loling when i think of the billboards)

Arash MarkaziVerified account
‏@ArashMarkazi
Doc tried hard to sign Kendrick Perkins last season. He chose Cleveland but played sparingly. Doc is still interested.

Doc is AWFUL

Arash MarkaziVerified account
‏@ArashMarkazi
Doc tried hard to sign Kendrick Perkins last season. He chose Cleveland but played sparingly. Doc is still interested.

Doc is AWFUL

The Clipps do need a big even if DeAndre comes back but Kendrick is just fucking awful. Like he shouldn't even be in the league anymore.

In case anyone was wondering who that David Pick guy was:

Sam Amick of USA Today reported Aldridge wants to hear the New York Knicks' presentation on Thursday before choosing a team.

Despite the alleged desire to wait, David Pick of Basketball Insiders noted Aldridge will eventually sign with the Spurs. Earlier, Wojnarowski said San Antonio made a "powerful" presentation Wednesday and remain the front-runners for Aldridge.

Yahoo Sports' Marc J. Spears reported the Spurs planned to bring veteran Manu Ginobili to their meeting with Aldridge on Wednesday, according to Garcia. Spears had previously noted the team planned to send Tony Parker, Tim Duncan and head coach Gregg Popovich. Aldridge left the meeting "impressed for sure," according to Ken Berger of CBS Sports.

ESPN's Chris Broussard noted James Harden, general manager Daryl Morey and executive vice president Gersson Rosas attended Houston's meeting, which happened shortly after midnight on July 1. Aldridge was "floored in a good way" by the Rockets' analytics and on-court projections, per Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times.

Wojnarowski reported while the Spurs were most impressive to Aldridge, Houston is "close behind."

He has long been rumored to be interested in joining his hometown Mavericks this summer. Aldridge and the Mavs entered a meeting on July 1, Tim MacMahon of ESPN reported. On June 26, Mike Fisher of DallasBasketball.com reported Jerry Jones, Dez Bryant and members of the Dallas Cowboys organization will be part of his recruitment process.

Toronto got worse, Washington got worse, Atlanta got worse, Indiana is a dumpster fire as long as Roy Hibbert is moping around.

Miami's starting five is exciting, but they're even more likely to be hit by injuries than CLE or CHI and they have no bench.

I'll give you that Milwaukee is probably the team most likely to make a jump ahead of CHI, especially with Jabari back for a full season.

There's also a decent chance that Hoiberg ends up being a terrible fucking coach and the Bulls turning into Brooklyn of the last couple years.

I dunno if I missed something but how did Toronto get worse?

Bread

Banned
Perk is 100% a chemistry guy and the Clippers seem pretty dysfunctional to be honest. Not the worst guy to have on your bench.

RedAssedApe

Banned
@ramonashelburne 2m2 minutes ago

Ramona Shelburne retweeted Baxter Holmes

It's one thing to be told no. But not good form to embarrass an organization. That's what's happening here

@BaxterHolmes

Baxter Holmes retweeted

Seems the Lakers have deleted their tweets recruiting LaMarcus Aldridge to LA, such as the one w/ Adam Levine: https://twitter.com/lakers/status/616094897074929666 …

lol...i thought people were joking about adam levine.

Perk is 100% a chemistry guy and the Clippers seem pretty dysfunctional to be honest. Not the worst guy to have on your bench.

Yeah I'm not a huge Perkins fan, but we really need somebody to give our guys a breather and there don't seem to be an abundance of big men with experience willing to take the vet minimum.

When you need bodies that can actually play, yes he is. You know what was a bigger problem for the Cippers than chemistry? Depth. And they traded Spencer Hawes so it only got worse in the front court.

Bread

Banned
When you need bodies that can actually play, yes he is. You know what was a bigger problem for the Cippers than chemistry? Depth. And they traded Spencer Hawes so it only got worse in the front court.
Totally agreed, but I don't see this as a depth move. Doc the GM is WOAT though so I won't be surprised if it does turn out to be one.

RedAssedApe

Banned
What happened?

nothing big. just they posted some tweet that had a photo of adam levine in a LMA Lakers jersey.

guess they deleted it after they realized he's not coming? not 100% sure what ramona is trying to say in her tweet. maybe just that its bad form to try and pretend they weren't going hard?

jmizzal

Miami's got a great starting 5 (if Whiteside doesn't turn out a to be a one year wonder) that I'd probably put right up there with Chicago. They might need to make a trade or two to reinforce their bench though.

Heat have a pretty decent bench too, Napair, Winslow, Josh McRob, Birdman, Chalmers, Haslim, even Tyler Johnson and Bill Walker looked good. Injuries gave those guys more mins then they would have gotten

Notable Christian and recent high school graduate Sierra Kirsch just reported that Lebron, Wade, and CP3 are all together right now.

Given that Lebron and Wade are both free agents, while CP3 is not, I can only surmise that they're both coming to the Los Angeles Clippers.

Doc would totally be like "Sorry LeBron but I gotta keep a roster spot open in case Ray wants to come to LA". Meanwhile Jimmy Buss would be like "Hey LeBron have you ever seen the kind of tail they got at the Playboy Mansion?"

Notable Christian and recent high school graduate Sierra Kirsch just reported that Lebron, Wade, and CP3 are all together right now.

Given that Lebron and Wade are both free agents, while CP3 is not, I can only surmise that they're both coming to the Los Angeles Clippers.

>_>

like LeBron would take pelting Cleveland a second time.

especially after he probably helped resign Shump.

nice joke post.

EDIT: D Wade & CP3 would be cool pickups for the Cavs.

jmizzal

I mean LeBron and Wade was together right before LeBron went back to Clev lol, some people think it means something but it means nothing really just friends hanging out.

Gigglepoo

Bob Kravitz: "@bkravitz: West said the rumors about him going to the Knicks are ridiculous; he wants to be with a contender; the Knicks don't qualify."

Knicks seemingly are going to have to overpay for talent or draft their way to competitiveness because players don't seem to give a fuck about going there. So much for being a big market team.

Well the Knicks will be meeting with LMA tomorr- I'm sorry, we know he's not going there. Why he even bothers meeting with them after he dismissed the Lakers is beyond me. They have even less to offer!

RedAssedApe

Banned
nothing big. just they posted some tweet that had a photo of adam levine in a LMA Lakers jersey.

guess they deleted it after they realized he's not coming? not 100% sure what ramona is trying to say in her tweet. maybe just that its bad form to try and pretend they weren't going hard?

Correction. Apparently the nba asked them to take the tweets down because other teams complained. Lol you gonna complain about corny tweets like that?

Draymond back to the Warriors

The Warriors have agreed to terms on a five-year, $85 million deal with their free agent forward Draymond Green, a source told Yahoo. - Marc Spears

Top Bottom