• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

rando14

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
The Warriors have agreed to terms on a five-year, $85 million deal with their free agent forward Draymond Green, a source told Yahoo.

Draymond got his munny

I dunno if I missed something but how did Toronto get worse?

Lol yeah that comment confused me too. Raps swept, yes, but won 49 games with derozan missing like 20 games and Lowry seemingly playing hurt going into April.

Adding Carroll and a year extra of experience for JV, kyle, derozan, lou, Patterson, and a new assistant coach sounds like a better team for 2015-16.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Weird to see Asik resign with the Pelicans. Didn't think he or the team would want to do a new deal. Hes a really poor fit for that team.

$40m for Shump. Everyone getting paid.

that will be looked back at as a bargain if he learns how to shoot more consistently.

that's the only real deficiency in his game and he still hella young.

Miami's got a great starting 5 (if Whiteside doesn't turn out a to be a one year wonder) that I'd probably put right up there with Chicago. They might need to make a trade or two to reinforce their bench though.

yea I really like their starting 5. best Eastern Conference also-ran team. But I don't think that starting 5 is enough to carry them past a healthy Bulls or Cavs by any stretch of the imagination.

I look forward to seeing Goran vs Irving, though. Oh and the battle of the soft bigs: Love vs Bosh.

Cavs still need a backup PG and SF. Gilbert/LeBron pls get to work.

Can't believe we have to wait around for the LMA announcment because he wants to listen to a Knicks pitch...

I mean, he'd be king of New York. That still means something. LMA and Melo would be a great core for the next several years. Wouldn't be winning right now, but 2017/2018? I'm sure they could bring in enough talent to be a problem.

Tom Penny

It's insane to me that Curry make 11 million but in 2 years the won't be much of a problem...

Miami does have a good starting 5 but how did Bosh half a season, Wade Deng and Whiteside be sub .500 half the season?

Knicks seemingly are going to have to overpay for talent or draft their way to competitiveness because players don't seem to give a fuck about going there. So much for being a big market team.

I forgot which analsyt said this, but they said that with the social media environment and the global nba game with lots of reach on the Internet, it does not really matter to play in a large market anymore.

Fjordson

Draymond back to the Warriors

The Warriors have agreed to terms on a five-year, $85 million deal with their free agent forward Draymond Green, a source told Yahoo. - Marc Spears
Thank you. Woo!

Now wonder if we can add someone like Belinelli for the bench.

Warriors are the champs and have their three best players signed under the max. Damn.

I mean, he'd be king of New York. That still means something. LMA and Melo would be a great core for the next several years. Wouldn't be winning right now, but 2017/2018? I'm sure they could bring in enough talent to be a problem.

pi_20100705201358_660_320.JPG

Speaking of Amare, isn't he a free agent too? Don't do it, Mitch.

I forgot which analsyt said this, but they said that with the social media environment and the global nba game with lots of reach on the Internet, it does not really matter to play in a large market anymore.

The Knicks haven't won since the early 70s and have been a laughing stock for most of the lifetimes of the current players who are in their 20s. I mean, the Lakers are struggling with convincing guys they'll be competitive and they won a title 5 years ago, it's just that much harder for the Knicks. Being in a large market is an advantage, but it can't be your only advantage.

jbug617

Banned
What will be Philly's starting 5 look like?

@WojYahooNBA: Sacramento is trading Jason Thompson and Carl Landry as part of a salary dump to the Philadelphia 76ers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
NBAPA should fight for a stipulation that every player in the league gets a no trade clause to Philly in the next CBA. Its sad to see careers sent to die like this.

it's crazy how Vivek swooped in and quickly took "Worst owner in the NBA" status. I mean, granted it helps that Sterling is gone but this is a pretty incredible run he's on.

rando14

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Kings clearing the salary cap space to pursue free agents Rajon Rondo and Wes Matthews, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
Holy mother

EDIT:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Kings are seriously interested in free agent guard Monta Ellis too, league sources tell Yahoo Sports .

OMG Monta Ellis too

I can't.

Holy mother

EDIT:

OMG Monta Ellis too

I can't.

I can understand teams not wanting to play with Melo in NY, or play with Kobe and a bunch of rookies in LA, but it says a lot about how dysfunctional Kings that they have a legit franchise center in DMC and they can't seem to get elite or even great FAs to come and play with him.

Sifl

I wouldn't be shocked if I woke up tomorrow and the 76ers pulled off a trade to own every pick in the 2016 draft.

Top Bottom