• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

demolitio

The only expert opinion I would trust Windhorst about is what LeBron had for lunch. Fuck that clown.

Which is something you shouldn't trust either considering he lost his major source in the Cavs after the regime change. Dude gets paid to make shit up and regurgitate actual news from other "insiders". As soon as Grant was out the door, Windhorst's info about the Cavs became pretty damn suspect. It was especially funny seeing him talk about Kyrie definitely leaving last year due to issues with the team and players and then see him be the first one to sign an extension at 12:01.

I love all these Cleveland beat reporters back-tracking on what they said about Love now. Worst reporters in the league.

h1nch

Don't forget, Windhorst was the one who first complained about Riley Curry.

Dude might actually be the antichrist.

I would rather be forced to receive all my media from Broussard than to listen to fat fuck Windhorst again talking about shit he doesn't know about on ESPN

Tom Penny

That feels like a really good contract.

That's pretty much it barring moving some parts for a center.The Mavs need to keep striking out. We need that top 7 protected..but we will somehow get fucked when they have like a 2% chance at a top 3 pick. I wonder if they have the balls to go tank mode on Dirk?

Did Aldridge even MEET with the Raptors? There has been like no word about that meeting by anyone. Everyone keeps talking about the Knicks tomorrow. Did they back out and save themselves the trouble?

That's pretty much it barring moving some parts for a center.The Mavs need to keep striking out. We need that top 7 protected..but we will somehow get fucked when they have like a 2% chance at a top 3 pick. I wonder if they have the balls to go tank mode on Dirk?

The C's really need a center, even RoLo wouldn't be a bad option depending on the price. I'm still interested in Tobias Harris too.

Tom Penny

The C's really need a center, even RoLo wouldn't be a bad option depending on the price. I'm still interested in Tobias Harris too.

I don't think they have cap space. I guess we'll see. I went from angry to somewhat ok when I found out that Amir and Jerebko 2nd year was not guaranteed.

Sifl

Trading away and swapping 2 picks for that coveted Monta+Rondo backcourt. I'm gonna pray Karl doesn't get fired before the season starts so this will end as badly as possible.

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 9m9 minutes ago
Still getting details on the pick swaps, which may not end up mattering. But...that is, umm, not great for the Kings.

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 11m11 minutes ago
Saric is not in the Kings-Sixers deal, sources say. Philly receives top-10 protected SAC pick 2 years after SAC's obligation to CHI expires

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 29m29 minutes ago
I rescind my Philly jokes from earlier today! They were doing work the whole time!

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 29m29 minutes ago
Sixers will receive a protected 1st-round pick from the Kings, and swap rights w/ Sacto in the 1st round of two other drafts, sources say.

^

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 8m8 minutes ago
Sources: The Kings have filed papers with the NBA to officially change their name to the Sacramento Kings of Comedy.

jmizzal

I need Wade to accept that nobody else wants him for the money he's asking for. You play too much bruh, just commit to the Heat already.

I'm scared the Knicks or Lakers are gonna throw the max at him since they struck out and make the Heat sweat and see if they call his bluff

It's a crime that the one of the most epic offseasons in NBA history is potentially happening and we can't get Bill Simmons' take on it in podcast or video form. Fuck you, ESPN.

jbug617

Banned
Lakers did it again. Kupchak and Byron Scott did the meeting. No Buss or Kobe

@BA_Turner: Lakers were "somewhat underwhelming" in presentation with DeAndre Jordan, sources. DJ felt Lakers had been on "whirlwind" last 24 hours.

It's ironic the Kings are moving mountains, and trading a 2014 lottery pick to get Rondo, when they could have just taken Elfrid Payton last year and have their PG spot set.

Sixers will receive a protected 1st-round pick from the Kings, and swap rights w/ Sacto in the 1st round of two other drafts. Divac, Vivek, Karl whoever runs the team what are you doing?

Jarate

Banned
i like how people are still trying to spin this trade as anti-sixers

b-b-b-but the tank!

yeah, our roster of Evan Turner, Jrue Holiday, Andre Iguodala and other shit is such good pieces to build a team around lol, that's why all of them are bench players or hardly ever play, and even with us tanking for 2 years, gathering a shit ton of assets and future aspirations, we still had better records then the Lakers and Wolves. Wanna know the state of our franchise before Hinkie showed up, we were a shit tier Eastern Conference team that would get the 7-8 seed that traded away a shit ton of good stuff for an exploding knees player. We literally only had Jrue Holliday left. Wanna know what we were, we were basically the Kings of the east, trying to grasp onto this WIN NOW and keep getting stuck in mediocrity.

We actually have something to look forward too now, as opposed to the mediocre shit we've been forced to watch. It's hilarious to see people think that somehow philly is getting hosed, when we've wanted a GM with the balls to do this for years.

rando14

Pretty confident that the Kings have given me more heartaches than any of the women I've dated.

Seattle tried to save you, but you fought so hard for this despair!! Enjoy!!

i like how people are still trying to spin this trade as anti-sixers

b-b-b-but the tank!

yeah, our roster of Evan Turner, Jrue Holiday, Andre Iguodala and other shit is such good pieces to build a team around lol, that's why all of them are bench players or hardly ever play, and even with us tanking for 2 years, gathering a shit ton of assets and future aspirations, we still had better records then the Lakers and Wolves. Wanna know the state of our franchise before Hinkie showed up, we were a shit tier Eastern Conference team that would get the 7-8 seed that traded away a shit ton of good stuff for an exploding knees player. We literally only had Jrue Holliday left. Wanna know what we were, we were basically the Kings of the east, trying to grasp onto this WIN NOW and keep getting stuck in mediocrity.

We actually have something to look forward too now, as opposed to the mediocre shit we've been forced to watch. It's hilarious to see people think that somehow philly is getting hosed, when we've wanted a GM with the balls to do this for years.

No one thinks Philly getting hosed, in fact the polar opposite...

bender

What time is it?
Dirk Nowitzki ‏@swish41 12m12 minutes ago

Over/under of how many what the ... moments you had since free agency started! I say 10....

Top Bottom