• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Seattle tried to save you, but you fought so hard for this despair!! Enjoy!!

Ha.

Saving the Kings is the only thing the people of Sacramento can thank Vivek for. Now, I'm not sure if just letting Kings go isn't better than the chaotic way they're running the team these days. Is this NBA 3.0 Vivek? ALSO, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE FIRED MIKE MALONE GOD DAMN IT.

Rondo and Mathews would be a pretty good backcourt?

Nik Stauskas fucking blows. He shouldn't even have been a second rounder

Dude has a nice looking stroke and is somewhat athletic. At least he'll have a chance to develop in Philly, instead of getting spotty minutes and getting benched for inevitable rookie growing pains in Sactown.

Tom Penny

i like how people are still trying to spin this trade as anti-sixers

b-b-b-but the tank!

yeah, our roster of Evan Turner, Jrue Holiday, Andre Iguodala and other shit is such good pieces to build a team around lol, that's why all of them are bench players or hardly ever play, and even with us tanking for 2 years, gathering a shit ton of assets and future aspirations, we still had better records then the Lakers and Wolves. Wanna know the state of our franchise before Hinkie showed up, we were a shit tier Eastern Conference team that would get the 7-8 seed that traded away a shit ton of good stuff for an exploding knees player. We literally only had Jrue Holliday left. Wanna know what we were, we were basically the Kings of the east, trying to grasp onto this WIN NOW and keep getting stuck in mediocrity.

We actually have something to look forward too now, as opposed to the mediocre shit we've been forced to watch. It's hilarious to see people think that somehow philly is getting hosed, when we've wanted a GM with the balls to do this for years.

What? We have all been laughing at how inept the Kings are. Still at the end of the day they 76ers have to win some games with all those picks. They are lottery team again next season.

b-b-b-but the tank!

yeah, our roster of Evan Turner, Jrue Holiday, Andre Iguodala and other shit is such good pieces to build a team around lol, that's why all of them are bench players or hardly ever play, and even with us tanking for 2 years, gathering a shit ton of assets and future aspirations, we still had better records then the Lakers and Wolves. Wanna know the state of our franchise before Hinkie showed up, we were a shit tier Eastern Conference team that would get the 7-8 seed that traded away a shit ton of good stuff for an exploding knees player. We literally only had Jrue Holliday left. Wanna know what we were, we were basically the Kings of the east, trying to grasp onto this WIN NOW and keep getting stuck in mediocrity.

We actually have something to look forward too now, as opposed to the mediocre shit we've been forced to watch. It's hilarious to see people think that somehow philly is getting hosed, when we've wanted a GM with the balls to do this for years.

The persecution complex is clouding your judgement.

Jarate

Banned
The persecution complex is clouding your judgement.

Yeah cause Hinkie loves to trade his stud players!

just look at how MCW is doing in Milwaukee...

and look at how much work KJ McDaniels did in Houston...

Hinkie literally turned us from a team with literally only Jrue Holliday, to a team with actual assets to it. Nerlens Noel was one of the best defensive bigs in the game last year, We have a shit ton of high value picks, Jahlil Okafor looks to be good (i'd like to see him first in the NBA) we still have Saric, and hell, nothing is new on the Embiid camp right now, and even if he is done, we stil got a shit ton of value

We were literally in the knicks situation when Hinkie showed up, and now we literally have a shit ton of assets and things of worth.

5/60 for Asik... do the Pelicans even realize they were better last year when he wasnt on the court?

Asik is mediocre on defense and a blazing dumpster fire on offense. Too bad they didn't make an attempt for Monroe or Deandre or even Wright.

I was really hoping Asik was going to get banished to the Knicks this off-season.

Bread

Banned

b-b-b-but the tank!

Hinkie literally turned us from a team with literally only Jrue Holliday, to a team with actual assets to it. Nerlens Noel was one of the best defensive bigs in the game last year, We have a shit ton of high value picks, Jahlil Okafor looks to be good (i'd like to see him first in the NBA) we still have Saric, and hell, nothing is new on the Embiid camp right now, and even if he is done, we stil got a shit ton of value

We were literally in the knicks situation when Hinkie showed up, and now we literally have a shit ton of assets and things of worth.
giphy.gif

R.I.P. Lakers ability to woo players

Kobe in these meetings being moody Old Man Bruce Wayne except he won't give the Batsuit to Terry McGinnis while the front office is bumbling around wondering why players aren't automatically enraptured by the mere thought of your name in the purple and gold.

Russell and Randle taking them to the finals though, it's ok.

holy shit dude nobody is shit talking Philly about this deal. Everybody is killing the Kings which, logic would dictate, means they think the Sixers actually made out better. What. the. fuck. are you upset about here?

Bread

Banned
Couldnt get his guy in Winslow and now overpaying for the oft injured declining Amir J? Not mention no meetings with any big FAs, yea total shit show..
didn't use 4 1sts on Winslow? That's not the worst thing.

Overpay for Amir? 2/24 with the second year not guaranteed is a great deal.

5/35 for Crowder is an absolute steal and will look insane when the cap jumps.

Tom Penny

Couldnt get his guy in Winslow and now overpaying for the oft injured declining Amir J? Not mention no meetings with any big FAs, yea total shit show..

No big free agents wanted to sign here so how and why would you set up meetings? Amir is 1 year guaranteed so it's not good but not terrible.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I take a nap and come back to DJ looking at us and going "meh" and we still haven't made a move on Tobias when our only competition is fucking Detroit and the Boston Guardtics. Incredible.

There is nothing worse than delusions of grandeur when you're a sports FO. The fact that they really believe we have a shot with DJ and are passing on young talent when no other big name has touched us since Artest, is a testament to their utter incompetence.

Kickz

No big free agents wanted to sign here so how and why would you set up meetings? Amir is 1 year guaranteed so it's not good but not terrible.

Atleast try and set up a meeting, and Amir is a nothing. Literally a signing just for the sake of doing one

What are the MAVS doing...literally doing nothing but banking on Jordan. If they don't land him MAVS will severely regress this year

PHX absolutely played it perfectly. Realizing how LMA wanted a quality center to play with him. Took away Dallas backup plan and made them go all in on acquiring DJ. So Mavs could lose Tyson Chandler,and Monta Ellis and have nothing significant to show for it. They need to pay Wesley Matthews what he wants and stop fucking around with the gap discrepancy.

I don't think Clippers sign Paul Pierce unless DJ is a sure thing. But Doc The GM makes moves that have no explanation sometimes.

Lakers are having a horrendous free agency. I mean you don't sign any bigs and you still have Swaggy P. Jim Buss should be fired. Jeanie has the power to do that right. Why is Kobe attending meetings anyway? It never ends well.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Lakers can still salvage this by getting Harris and trading for Hibbert/signing Ed Davis or Koufus.

But right now I have no faith in them. They still believe they can get DJ and are waiting for him just so he can officially say no.......

The Lakers FO has lost touch with the times, their perception, and reality as a whole.

Lakers can still salvage this by getting Harris and trading for Hibbert/signing Ed Davis or Koufus.

But right now I have no faith in them. They still believe they can get DJ and are waiting for him just so he can officially say no.......

The Lakers FO has lost touch with the times, their perception, and reality as a whole.

You want the Lakers to trade for Roy Hibbert has it come to this Lakers-GAF.

Surprised Wesley Matthews coming off Achilles injury is getting more interest than Lou Williams. Lakers go after Lou, he is whatever you envisioned Swaggy P to be.

Top Bottom