• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Brinbe

So much for the big market appeal lololol

I like this new NBA. Enticing locales alone are not gonna cut it anymore if the teams are shit, as the Knicks/Lakes are finding out

That's correct, they apparently made an offer as soon as free agency opened, and also wanted to get a quick response. Obviously, they haven't (unless it was "no").
He's probably waiting to see how the LMA sweepstakes go. If the Spurs sign LMA then he'll probably go get paid in Charlotte, if not then he'll probably sign with the Spurs again since the money has to go somewhere.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Knicks just lost out on a guy to the damn Bucks. That is sad.

Bucks have a really sick young roster though. So makes plenty of sense why he would pick the Bucks over the Knicks.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So much for the big market appeal lololol

I like this new NBA. Enticing locales alone are not gonna cut it anymore if the teams are shit, as the Knicks/Lakes are finding out

Yes, because in the past, the Knicks have been able to attract so many top flight free agents... And I don't think anyone has signed with the Lakers, ever, to be in LA. People sign for money/situation, much like they always have.

CI6yP79UYAA8gp3.jpg

Cheebo

Banned
Knicks and Lakers are going to have to rely on the draft to rebuild. FA's want nothing to do with their toxic teams.

It is remarkable that the two biggest media markets have two of the worst teams in the league.

Knicks are done can't even tank cause they traded away 1st rounder. I have no idea where they go from here. Can't get any worse can it?
Phil has to trade Melo and get back future picks. Arron Affalo is your answer. Man don't make me laugh.

bigkrev

Knicks and Lakers are going to have to rely on the draft to rebuild. FA's want nothing to do with their toxic teams.

It is remarkable that the two biggest media markets have two of the worst teams in the league.

And neither team has their first rounder next year!

HabeeNo

Looking at it, seems like a good deal by the Bucks.

Honestly I kinda want Phil to toss that max money on a 3 or 4 year with Lopez, but we'll see

otapnam

so everythings going to fall in place after aldridge and DJ decide where theyre going right?

theyre pretty much the 2 guys holding up a half dozen or more teams

h1nch

Bucks have a promising roster, a good coach, new ownership, and Mallory Edens.

Things are looking up in Milwaukee.

Bowser

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeck 2m2 minutes ago
Monroe met with 4 teams: Bucks, Knicks, Lakers, Blazers. All offered the max, I'm told. Chose Bucks because they're the most playoff ready.

Really hoping the Kings sign Rondo and Mathews. It can end really well or really bad, but it 'd be entertaining either way:

Starters:

Rondo
Mathews
Gay
Cauley Stein
Cousins

Bench:

Darren Collison
Mclemore
Casspi/Williams (hope caspi resigns)

They need another forward/center after trading most of their front court, but this team is easily the most talented team the Kings have had since the Ron Artest days. Hope George Karl can make it work by focusing on just coaching, and Vivek settles on just writing the checks.

Playing in income tax free states like Florida and Texas is probably more appealing than playing in major TV market cities now. You can get exposure playing anywhere.

jehuty

The Bucks starting lineup should be:

1-MCW
2-Middleton
3-Jabari
4-Giannis
5-Monroe

Then on their bench is

1-Vazquez
2-Vaughn
3-Plumlee
4-????/Henson
5-Henson

Which means, Zaza and probably Bayless will be traded for a backup PF

This is a really good team in the east and with Jason Kidd as the coach, their defense should be elite level (scoring is gonna blow unless MCW/Jabari/Giannis take it to all-star levels).

This is good enough to beat the Bulls, which the Bucks must do to go deeper into the playoffs. Oh and I don't understand where the Knicks go from here, just a sad situation out there.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bucks had the 2nd most effecient defense in the league last season. Also one of the worst offenses. Have to imagine bringing in Monroe will help the latter. They really need one of their good young players to really take a dramatic step forward though if they're going to try to beat the Cavs.

TheFixer

Neo Member
The Bucks starting lineup should be:

1-MCW
2-Middleton
3-Jabari
4-Giannis
5-Monroe

Then on their bench is

1-Vazquez
2-Vaughn
3-Plumlee
4-????/Henson
5-Henson

Which means, Zaza and probably Bayless will be traded for a backup PF

This is a really good team in the east and with Jason Kidd as the coach, their defense should be elite level (scoring is gonna blow unless MCW/Jabari/Giannis take it to all-star levels).

This is good enough to beat the Bulls, which the Bucks must do to go deeper into the playoffs. Oh and I don't understand where the Knicks go from here, just a sad situation out there.
In what world is Miles Plumlee a small forward?

In any case, every part of this depth chart is incorrect. Mayo will be the first shooting guard off the bench, with Dudley at small forward and probably either Plumlee or Pachulia coming off the bench at the 4.

rando14

Gotta be honest, it'd be cool to see the Bucks be "good" again. Glenn Robinson, Sam Cassell, Ray Allen... was fun to watch even if they did seem to underperform a lot...

So happy Knicks striked out on free agency. That pick for Bargnani is top 10 for sure, hell top 5. Name me 5 teams that could be worse than the Knicks.

jehuty

In what world is Miles Plumlee a small forward?

In any case, every part of this depth chart is incorrect. Mayo will be the first shooting guard off the bench, with Dudley at small forward and probably either Plumlee or Pachulia coming off the bench at the 4.

In all honesty I really don't see Plumlee or Zaza on the Bucks for too much longer. Dudley opted in so he has to stay but I think Bayless will be gone in the future. As for Mayo, he is the first scoring option off the bench but I think depending on how he does in summer league, Jason Kidd could give Vaughn some extra minutes.

Either way, the bucks need another player at the 4 and maybe the 3 too. MCW is pretty much the key in all of this. If he makes fast improvements this summer and becomes a solid PG then the Bucks will be very dangerous. Jason Kidd did some magic on the team last year, I hope it continues.

spyder_ur

Surprised by the Monroe to the Bucks move. He doesn't really fit the thing the Bucks have going for them which is all these young, fast, long, versatile players. Plus he gives them yet another non-shooter. Playing MCW he and Giannis together is offensive suicide. Maybe they are hoping Parker can give them minutes at the 4.

Still, they went out and got a good player.

ESPN still trying to convince people the Lakers matter. My word, have they ever sucked up to a team as much as they have this one?

LaMarcus Aldridge's New York stop today is the last of 7 meetings he's had with teams. ESPN's Chris Broussard told SportsCenter: "I keep hearing, as I have all along, it's the San Antonio Spurs as the front runner."
Oh man, please don't jinx us Broussard. The Raptors meeting must have been unspectacular because NOBODY has even mentioned it.

Bowser

Oh man, please don't jinx us Broussard. The Raptors meeting must have been unspectacular because NOBODY has even mentioned it.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 3h3 hours ago
Raptors did well in meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge, but it is unlikely he picks the Raptors, per source.

Top Bottom